My proposed Kassadin solution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

12-23-2012

We should bring back no dodge penalties.

But in a different kind of way. At the champion selection screen, the moment someone locks in Kassadin the other team is able to see this. If they dodge the game, they are instead not penalized whatsoever, whereas the Kassadin player would incur any of the consequences the player normally would have for dodging.

At low elo, people don't give a **** about Kassadin and therefore it wouldn't affect game play at that level. Meanwhile the high elo player base have a way of giving Kassadin players the finger.

Win-win situation!

Damieh

12-23-2012

Haha I'm so sick of the kassadin problem that I would actually don't mind such a stupid solution. 1000 "better" solutions were posted such as not letting him hop through walls and stuff. He'd still be op but not as much. At least is a start. The problem is that hurting him in dom means hurting him in sr and he's not a top pick in sr and doesn't deserve a nerf there.

I seriously think/hope that you're trolling though.

Das Strychnine

12-23-2012

No because that would just mean every time I don't like my team I would just lock in Kassadin and wait for enemy to dodge and if they didn't dodge, well I'd probably win any way.

Rikukun

12-24-2012

My proposed solution would be a global aura that targetted his ults cd and/or mana cost.

Riot is apparently ok with specific champion auras now (at least with buffs) so I think this would be the best place to hit.

Genericke

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
No because that would just mean every time I don't like my team I would just lock in Kassadin and wait for enemy to dodge and if they didn't dodge, well I'd probably win any way.
But then you'd incur the dodge penalties, as well as any possible banning consequences for having dodged that game.

Also if the enemy team didn't dodge chances are you're playing Glassadin at low elo without any CDR, in which case you might not have a guaranteed win - which is shocking to think of I know.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

With all the data they've gotten on so many champs that have proven problematic, I'd assume some sort of map re-work is at least being thought about or is underway.

Das Strychnine

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
But then you'd incur the dodge penalties, as well as any possible banning consequences for having dodged that game.

Also if the enemy team didn't dodge chances are you're playing Glassadin at low elo without any CDR, in which case you might not have a guaranteed win - which is shocking to think of I know.
You get banned for leaving champ select?

And I didn't say I'd dodge, I said if there was no dodge penalties for dodging Kassadin people would abuse it when they didn't like their team.

Reading comprehension?

Also, Kassadin at low elo is even worse since people can't even deal with Shaco or Rammus let alone Kassadin so I don't really understand what you're getting at, reading comprehension problems?

Also what is a Glassadin ? RoA, Frozen Heart and Void staff is pretty core I find, I don't see the point of going full tank and doing no damage relying too much on Rift stacks but if you're insinuating people build Rabadons, DFG, void and no defenses or cdr then that would be pretty dumb too. Although you can say that about most mages that aren't assassins so I don't get why you think that's a specific Kassadin problem since it's more of a player problem.

Genericke

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
You get banned for leaving champ select?

And I didn't say I'd dodge, I said if there was no dodge penalties for dodging Kassadin people would abuse it when they didn't like their team.

Reading comprehension?

Also, Kassadin at low elo is even worse since people can't even deal with Shaco or Rammus let alone Kassadin so I don't really understand what you're getting at, reading comprehension problems?

Also what is a Glassadin ? RoA, Frozen Heart and Void staff is pretty core I find, I don't see the point of going full tank and doing no damage relying too much on Rift stacks but if you're insinuating people build Rabadons, DFG, void and no defenses or cdr then that would be pretty dumb too. Although you can say that about most mages that aren't assassins so I don't get why you think that's a specific Kassadin problem since it's more of a player problem.
In my original post, I said that if someone dodged, the Kassadin player would get the dodge penalties instead of the person who dodged. If you didn't like your team, you could dodge and have to wait 5 minutes before queueing again, or you can pick Kassadin, wait 10 seconds for someone else to dodge, and then have to wait 5 minutes before queueing again while the person who dodged can requeue immediately.

Kassadin at low elo isn't as bad I find because people at that level don't know yet of all of the walls he can hop, nor do they max out CDR on him. He's easier to deal with that way.

As for Glassadin, the ones I've seen typically build Wooglet's, voidstaff, and lich bane. I see this build a lot more than I should.

Also, full tank Kassadin relying on rift walk stacks for damage was exclusively how people would play him at high elo. Now it's a little more damage oriented with his higher ratios, BFT, and nerf to rift walk stack damage. He still benefits tremendously from CDR tank items though.

MajorUrsa

01-10-2013

Nerf, disable, delete Kassadin. Fix this issue.