Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The State Of Katarina.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

12-27-2012

it still bothers me when people think kat now is stronger than kat before... she's not

She's just A LOT easier to play now. With that ease of play all of her potential damage output was nerfed.

i think his wording is bad but the OP may be on to something...

By giving her mixed ratios (and lowering her AP ratios) you might see her having a bit more of a hard time.... since hybrid items have notoriously low defenses

Nocturnes

12-27-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
And this is why bad players, like you, shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums. Because both your downvotes, and your opinions stifle constructive discussion.

Speak for yourself. Katarina is a catastrophe at the moment with respect to balance. Between her obscene mobility, passive refresh, damage reduction, movement speed haste, impressive base values, etc..., it's rather appalling that she's allowed to remain in the state that she is. She needs nerfs across the board.

cazcappy

12-27-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Bump, for discussion, and not trolls.

if you're bumping for discussion then why'd you troll me?

I was serious and if you want to discuss it about katarina go ahead but if you're going to be a dick about it and troll then ok...it's people like you who make katarina look bad.

Katarìna

12-27-2012

Quote:
Nocturnes:
Speak for yourself. Katarina is a catastrophe at the moment with respect to balance. Between her obscene mobility, passive refresh, damage reduction, movement speed haste, impressive base values, etc..., it's rather appalling that she's allowed to remain in the state that she is. She needs nerfs across the board.

Obvious troll is obvious. Recently get destroyed by a pro player Kat did you?

News flash. Kat has always had cooldown refreshes. Kat has always had damage reduction, and it was 35% before. Kat has always had good mobility.

Regarding your other points, Kat's base values have dropped significantly, and she does less damage with a four ability combo than any other mid laner, which is why she has a refresh to begin with. Because her combo without it is ****.

Sinister Steel and the move speed that comes with it was never something we wanted for Kat anyway. Talk to Riot about that. It's a bad, sloppily implemented change that made many people have to relearn Katarina.

Katarìna

12-27-2012

Quote:
A Rabid Teemo:
She got huge buffs after the rework...... her passive sucked until they buffed it up to 15 seconds

Her passive was 15 seconds and 25 gold on kill/assist before the rework. It was nerfed to zero gold, and 10 seconds. Which was underpowered, and then subsequently buffed back up to 15 seconds.

Katarìna

12-27-2012

Quote:
XtremeApocalypse:
This is the guy who started raging at Riot for "ruining" Kat after the rework. He continued to call every person who played Kat a newfag.

I guess you really just don't understand. Let me try to explain how longtime Kat players felt about the rework:

Say you're a doctor and you specialize in re-attaching amputated limbs, you've spent so long doing this that you're one of the best at it. Then, the same people who trained you and gave you a job and told you how well you were doing develop a wonderdrug that regrows limbs. Your expertise and skills are no longer necessary. All that time has been for naught, wasted.

How would that make you feel? Betrayed? Angry? You're damn right.

CakeandBacon

12-27-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
I guess you really just don't understand. Let me try to explain how longtime Kat players felt about the rework:

Say you're a doctor and you specialize in re-attaching amputated limbs, you've spent so long doing this that you're one of the best at it. Then, the same people who trained you and gave you a job and told you how well you were doing develop a wonderdrug that regrows limbs. Your expertise and skills are no longer necessary. All that time has been for naught, wasted.

How would that make you feel? Betrayed? Angry? You're damn right.

Ok, this is kind of true. For me at least. Betrayed and Angry are too strong of words, but I do dislike my skill with Kat being chucked out the window for a more boneheaded kit.

Katarìna

12-28-2012

Quote:
CakeandBacon:
Ok, this is kind of true. For me at least. Betrayed and Angry are too strong of words, but I do dislike my skill with Kat being chucked out the window for a more boneheaded kit.

It totally depends on how long and how much you played Kat before June or whenever those shenanigans hit.

Imagine: Four thousand, give or take a hundred, Katarina games, anywhere between 20 and 60+ minutes. For you personally it may not have been so much time, but people like me exist, and the time spent matters to a degree.

Katarìna

12-28-2012

Bump.

Nocturnes

12-28-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Obvious troll is obvious. Recently get destroyed by a pro player Kat did you?

An amusing thought, to say the least. Pre-rework Katarina, I would have considered a good one "pro" but nowadays? Not a chance.

Quote:
Katarìna:
News flash. Kat has always had cooldown refreshes. Kat has always had damage reduction, and it was 35% before. Kat has always had good mobility.

Pre-rework, the damage reduction component was tied into the active of Killer Instincts which maintained at least double the cooldown of the current Shunpo. While the value was higher, it wasn't nearly as spammable.

Quote:
Katarìna:
Regarding your other points, Kat's base values have dropped significantly, and she does less damage with a four ability combo than any other mid laner, which is why she has a refresh to begin with. Because her combo without it is ****.

Oh ya?

Katarina, at level 18, using a "four-ability combo" without interruption [accounting for base values alone]:
Bouncing Blade: 255 (including the mark being triggered)
Sinister Steel: 180
Shunpo: 160
Death Lotus: 600
Total Damage: 1195

Zed, at level 18, using a "four-ability combo" without interruption [accounting for base values alone]:
Razor Shuriken: 430
Living Shadow: 0
Shadow Slash: 200
Death Mark: Under the assumption that this ability was used first and that, because only base values are being utilized that he has solely his base attack damage scaling, he would deal ~110 damage, as well as 315 additional damage based upon the damage modifier for a total of 425.
Total Damage: 1055

Then Katarina gets a cooldown modifier to do 595 damage all over again while Zed is left without energy and stranded in the middle of the enemy team. Try some arithmetic next time before making grand assumptions.

Quote:
Katarìna:
Sinister Steel and the move speed that comes with it was never something we wanted for Kat anyway. Talk to Riot about that. It's a bad, sloppily implemented change that made many people have to relearn Katarina.

Frankly, what it sounds like to me, based upon all of your responses to this thread, is that you played Katarina by building attack damage (which is perfectly fine) prior to the rework but post-rework, you refuse to accept the fact that balance changes are made based upon playing a champion optimally and not with some niche build that was tied to a previous incarnation. Time to get with the program and accept the fact that your champion's different now.