Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The State Of Katarina.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

12-24-2012

Quote:
Lynch:
More like closed by people who dislike you and your pointless insults to anyone that so much as disregards any of your **** opinion.

Hint: You're the black guy. The GD is everyone else. Go away, you and your obvious level 5 smurf account you're posting under.

If people dislike me or my threads, that has less to do with me, and more to do with them. I'm civil insult people get insulting and childish in my thread. I'm totally willing to have a discussion about Katarina, unfortunately that's often not possible, and it's never me that starts the negativity. It's people like you.

Congrats, your ignorance is showing. Yep. Totally a level 5 forum alt here.

Katarìna

12-24-2012

Bump.

doubleguac

12-24-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
The sounds got nerfed. The models got nerfed. The splash art got nerfed. Since you didn't know anything about Kat before the rework, kindly stop telling me it's better now, merely because you tried her and found out you can play a derpy spam fest champion that a retarded monkey with cerebral palsy could play.

You're so condescending. Old Katarina wasn't "OMG GOSU SO SKILLED," she was just unreliable. She was definitely harder to play, but it wasn't because her kit was somehow more nuanced. It was because almost all of her damage was on her long channeled ult, which was incredibly easy for good players to disrupt. She either got disrupted and didn't do anything, or didn't get disrupted and melted the entire enemy team. That's just questionable champ design. No champ should be so all-or-nothing.

Also, unclear how giving her more ad scaling and slightly less ap scaling would diversify builds? It would just give people more incentive to rush gunblade. A katarina that scales off AD would play almost identically to a kat that scales off ap; either way, she's not going to be running around auto attacking enemies. No matter how you move her scaling, people are going to build in whatever way maximizes the damage output of her abilities. Her play style is not going to significantly change.

Katarìna

12-24-2012

Quote:
doubleguac:
You're so condescending. Old Katarina wasn't "OMG GOSU SO SKILLED," she was just unreliable. She was definitely harder to play, but it wasn't because her kit was somehow more nuanced. It was because almost all of her damage was on her long channeled ult, which was incredibly easy for good players to disrupt. She either got disrupted and didn't do anything, or didn't get disrupted and melted the entire enemy team. That's just questionable champ design. No champ should be so all-or-nothing.

Also, unclear how giving her more ad scaling and slightly less ap scaling would diversify builds? It would just give people more incentive to rush gunblade. A katarina that scales off AD would play almost identically to a kat that scales off ap; either way, she's not going to be running around auto attacking enemies. No matter how you move her scaling, people are going to build in whatever way maximizes the damage output of her abilities. Her play style is not going to significantly change.

I think you're confused about old Kat. Pro Kat players weren't even reliant upon the ult to be effective.

Gunblade hasn't been any good on Kat in months, and it still wouldn't be any good, even with more AD ratios, as Kat lacks single target attacks to reduce the cooldown, and hybridization makes the active do significantly less potential damage as it only has half the old base and AP scaling now. Gunblade is good on Akali, that's about it.

Nor do I think that adding an AD ratio would change her playstyle, and I don't want it to change her playstyle. You're wrong about AD Kat playing the same as AP Kat, and you're wrong about them fulfilling the same function. You're misinterpreting much of what I said, I was pretty sure it was clear. I was talking about build diversity, not different playstyles. Yes I'm condescending, I suggest you read and fully understand what you read before posting about it in the future.

Katarìna

12-26-2012

Bump.

Katarìna

12-26-2012

Bump.

cazcappy

12-26-2012

I don't mind still getting a gunblade on AP Kat. granted it's not the best but the life-steal and spell vamp is good, i just wait til later after i got my other major items to finish the revolver.

the big thing with me is that whenever I see someone build Rylai's as Kat's first item that I cringe.

Katarìna

12-26-2012

Love how people just downvote without saying anything. There needs to be some system on the forums where you can't up or down vote unless you post with a certain amount of characters. Say... 25.

Katarìna

12-27-2012

Bump.

cazcappy

12-27-2012

Quote:
cazcappy:
I don't mind still getting a gunblade on AP Kat. granted it's not the best but the life-steal and spell vamp is good, i just wait til later after i got my other major items to finish the revolver.

the big thing with me is that whenever I see someone build Rylai's as Kat's first item that I cringe.

bump.