Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


The State Of Katarina.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

Senior Member

12-30-2012

It's perfectly ok if you want to chime in and give us your opinion about Kat, but please, check your facts before you post something as a fact. For example, a majority of Katarina's damage comes from Sinister Streel right now, not her ultimate. To a lesser degree, it's Bouncing Blades and the Mark at early/mid game, depending of course on the amount of AP you have.

AD Kat does significantly more damage early/mid with Sinister Steel than AP Kat does, due to ranking it up before Bouncing Blade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Abeleo:
This is a terrible analogy. In that situation I would feel the drug is wonderful.

I am one person in North America, this drug can be used all over the world by anybody to make wounded/sick people better. I'm not so selfish that I am going to insist the drug be destroyed so I can heal one limb at a time while hundreds all over the world suffer.


Being a bad analogy, because of the moral implications, doesn't mean it doesn't fit the bill as a way to explain it. You're overthinking it merely to find a way to disagree with me so you can justify downvoting and being a dick to yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sultryvoltron

Senior Member

12-30-2012

I find it amazing that people actually say Kat was better before her rework.

Kat was extremely reliant on using the perfect ult to ace teamfights before her rework.

Now she is about timing her OTHER THREE ABILITIES to clean up teamfights with her resets.

Her new play is much more suited for the current state of the game, and functions almost entirely independent of "OMG JUST CC HER ULT YOU NOOB," strategies that keep getting mentioned. That's how you used to deal with OLD Kat. New Kat can clean up teamfights just fine with Bouncing Blades, procing the mark with Shunpo and Sinister Steel.

Any Kat who currently tries to jump in and get Pentas with her ult fails miserably. Bad Kats do this often, good Kats don't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
sultryvoltron:
I find it amazing that people actually say Kat was better before her rework.

Kat was extremely reliant on using the perfect ult to ace teamfights before her rework.

Now she is about timing her OTHER THREE ABILITIES to clean up teamfights with her resets.

Her new play is much more suited for the current state of the game, and functions almost entirely independent of "OMG JUST CC HER ULT YOU NOOB," strategies that keep getting mentioned. That's how you used to deal with OLD Kat. New Kat can clean up teamfights just fine with Bouncing Blades, procing the mark with Shunpo and Sinister Steel.

Any Kat who currently tries to jump in and get Pentas with her ult fails miserably. Bad Kats do this often, good Kats don't.


There you go, stating an opinion as if it's fact.

Good Kats didn't need Lotus to be an asset pre-rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Zealot

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
FrozenChinchilla:
I read 2 lines and was convinced you can't play Katarina. The bolded line was the one that really made me stop. Sorry for not reading the rest of your post.


Let's suppose Kat has 300 AP and 100 AD shall we?

Maxed Bouncing blades including on-hit damage does 255 damage plus 180 from her AP ratios. 435 max total damage to a single target.

Maxed Sinister Steel is 180 damage plus 135 from AP and AD ratios. 315 total damage.

Maxed Shunpoo is 160 plus 120 from AP ratios. 280 total damage to a single target.

Death Lotus is 600 plus 825 from AP and AD ratios. 1425 max total damage to a single target.

What does this mean? If you add her other 3 abilities together she deals 1030 maximum damage to a single target while her ult does 1425 maximum damage to a single target. If you combine her other 3 abilities together to do about the same damage as her ult assuming you don't get the full output and that there aren't other champs around to exponentially increase the damage of Death Lotus; how can you claim it isn't her main source of damage in a teamfight? This is why I stated in my previous post that positioning is key with Katarina.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenChinchilla

Master Recruiter

12-30-2012

Quote:
sultryvoltron:
I find it amazing that people actually say Kat was better before her rework.

Kat was extremely reliant on using the perfect ult to ace teamfights before her rework.

Now she is about timing her OTHER THREE ABILITIES to clean up teamfights with her resets.

Her new play is much more suited for the current state of the game, and functions almost entirely independent of "OMG JUST CC HER ULT YOU NOOB," strategies that keep getting mentioned. That's how you used to deal with OLD Kat. New Kat can clean up teamfights just fine with Bouncing Blades, procing the mark with Shunpo and Sinister Steel.

Any Kat who currently tries to jump in and get Pentas with her ult fails miserably. Bad Kats do this often, good Kats don't.


Katarina has never needed her ultimate, both pre and post rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenChinchilla

Master Recruiter

12-30-2012

Quote:
The Sherminator:
Let's suppose Kat has 300 AP and 100 AD shall we?

Maxed Bouncing blades including on-hit damage does 255 damage plus 180 from her AP ratios. 435 max total damage to a single target.

Maxed Sinister Steel is 180 damage plus 135 from AP and AD ratios. 315 total damage.

Maxed Shunpoo is 160 plus 120 from AP ratios. 280 total damage to a single target.

Death Lotus is 600 plus 825 from AP and AD ratios. 1425 max total damage to a single target.

What does this mean? If you add her other 3 abilities together she deals 1030 maximum damage to a single target while her ult does 1425 maximum damage to a single target. If you combine her other 3 abilities together to do about the same damage as her ult assuming you don't get the full output and that there aren't other champs around to exponentially increase the damage of Death Lotus; how can you claim it isn't her main source of damage in a teamfight? This is why I stated in my previous post that positioning is key with Katarina.


It's like you don't even know she has a passive.
Have you ever played Katarina before?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Zealot

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
FrozenChinchilla:
It's like you don't even know she has a passive.
Have you ever played Katarina before?


A passive, (which had you read my post in its entirety, you would have known this) that also applies to her ult. In extended teamfights it isn't uncommon to ult twice aside from the fact that I mentioned one of the biggest decisions within a fight is when to cancel your ult in favor of using your Q, W or E. Utilize logic, read posts and remain an idiot before typing and removing all doubt.

When you ult in a teamfight after your QEW combo, it increases overall damage thus resetting your cooldowns faster. Your positioning, as I have emphasized, greatly influences how much damage you deal and how fast you proc your passive. Have you ever played Kat in a competitive manner?

EDIT: Oh and yes, I have played her countless times and own the Sandstorm skin, my apologies for not answering.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titiln

Senior Member

12-30-2012

im wondering why the post isnt hidden yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenChinchilla

Master Recruiter

12-30-2012

Quote:
The Sherminator:
A passive, (which had you read my post in its entirety, you would have known this) that also applies to her ult. In extended teamfights it isn't uncommon to ult twice aside from the fact that I mentioned one of the biggest decisions within a fight is when to cancel your ult in favor of using your Q, W or E. Utilize logic, read posts and remain an idiot before typing and removing all doubt.

When you ult in a teamfight after your QEW combo, it increases overall damage thus resetting your cooldowns faster. Your positioning, as I have emphasized, greatly influences how much damage you deal and how fast you proc your passive. Have you ever played Kat in a competitive manner?

EDIT: Oh and yes, I have played her countless times and own the Sandstorm skin, my apologies for not answering.


After you QEW, you actually QEW again, because Katarina doesn't go in until she can kill someone. Then you continue to QEW.

You really don't need to use your ultimate at all unless they give you that chance.