1100 ELO and below (NOT A RANT)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superb Phat Kat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
If your team is bad that often, then probability states that so is the other team, except that without you, so an extra player who may or may not be bad. Actually, mathematically speaking, the other team is MORE likely to be bad than your team because of that extra player.

There is no global conspiracy that ensures that your team is always bad and the other team is always good "9/10" times. If you weren't penalized for leaving at low ELO, then with the general mass perception of ELO hell, then EVERYONE will be dodging games nonstop, and you'll have to wait an hour to get a game in whether or not you dodged. Unless you're asking for Riot to put you in your own little special queue that puts only good-record players on your team and bad on the other team, you're complaining about something that's working exactly as it should work.
So I HAVE to duo queue just to get up in the ranks? That's a little messed up. Once again, it comes down to luck instead of skill. I have to be lucky enough that my team is miraculously better than the enemy team, and not likewise.
I sort of see your point, but I DON'T want to be put up against bads with bads on my team. How is that fair? I just have to hope my team is slightly better than than their bad team? I know Riot can't do this, but I wish it could somehow weed out the trolls and idiots so, even at 800 ELO, you could be matched with and put up against players and finally either climb the ELO ladder or fall down it because of SKILL, not luck that your team is slightly better than their bad team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-24-2012

You're the problem here, not the victim. Unless someone has dropped literally 200+ Elo since they've won their last game (hint: they probably haven't), then they're no better or worse than anyone else in the game. In fact, them being on a losing streak and playing in your game probably means they're a better player than the guy in your game on a winning streak.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superb Phat Kat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
You're the problem here, not the victim. Unless someone has dropped literally 200+ Elo since they've won their last game (hint: they probably haven't), then they're no better or worse than anyone else in the game. In fact, them being on a losing streak and playing in your game probably means they're a better player than the guy in your game on a winning streak.
Are you in my ELO? you clearly have never seen the 800 ELO lobbies. Please don't just post stuff if you haven't even seen what I'm talking about. I'm not ONLY looking up lolking.net


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kdfsjljklgjfg

Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicklesNwalrus View Post
Once again, it comes down to luck instead of skill.
Assuming you are a good player, then your team automatically has 1/5 good players. Assuming each player has a 50/50 chance of being good or bad, this means that on average, your team has 3 good players. The other team, however, on average has 2.5 good players.

These results repeat every time no matter the probability. If it came down to luck, then you would always have the better team. Suck it up and deal with it, because probability dictates that assuming you're a good players, then you're more likely to be on an overall good team than your opponents.

I don't know what exactly it is that you want Riot to do. Do you want your own special little queue where your teammates are 200 ELO higher than your opponents?

Quote:
I sort of see your point, but I DON'T want to be put up against bads with bads on my team. How is that fair?
And other people DO want to be on bad teams? I don't see what exactly is unfair here. That you don't get exactly what you want? I don't like bad teams either. Do I get a special queue to circumvent bad teammates regardless of ELO?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoDari

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
Assuming you are a good player, then your team automatically has 1/5 good players. Assuming each player has a 50/50 chance of being good or bad, this means that on average, your team has 3 good players. The other team, however, on average has 2.5 good players.
While this might be technically accurate, it's nonsense.

The fact is, you never need to dodge. NEVER!

I started playing ranked and dropped to 900 ELO because I belonged there. I learned a few fundamentals and quickly climbed to 1100 ELO.

At 1100 ELO I played with some dude who looked me up on Lolking.net. He claimed that I sucked because I have a bad KDA ratio. He had 2000 games played.

I mentioned that when I had 2000 games played I would not be still at 1100 ELO. He laughed at me that I didn't know what I was talking about.

So at season 3 I started around 1100 ELO after placement. I never dodge and seldom duo queue.

Now I am at 1300 ELO. I won a 4v5 where we had a Shaco disconnect during load and he never appeared. I've played games where the rager on our team insisted that I sucked as ADC so he was going to duo ADC. I've played with baddies and won. I've played with baddies and lost.

And I'm a lot better than I was when I first hit 1100 ELO.

If you only play winnable games, you won't learn as much as you will learn from playing unwinnable games.

Don't worry about losing, or about your ELO. Just play to have fun. Try to do better than you did the last game. If you get paired with an Ashe who sucks, have fun. Enjoy your loss, and try not to make any mistakes.

If you think you can dodge yourself to 1300 ELO, good luck with that. I'll see you on my smurf next year.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicklesNwalrus View Post
Are you in my ELO? you clearly have never seen the 800 ELO lobbies. Please don't just post stuff if you haven't even seen what I'm talking about. I'm not ONLY looking up lolking.net
I was below 900 Elo for much of my S2 Ranked games, ending at 950. I have seen the lobbies. I also happen to have a very thorough grasp of mathematics and probabilities.

If there is a player who is at 850 Elo having lost 4 games in a row, he is probably closer to a 900 Elo skill. If there is a player who is at 850 Elo having won 4 games in a row, he is probably closer to 800 Elo skill.

Give me the guy on a losing streak over the one on the winning streak. Again, unless he's literally dropping hundreds of Elo since his last win and is still in placement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-24-2012

It can be very aggravating queuing at that elo, sometimes you get all the way through team select and with a few seconds until the match will begin somebody from either team will dodge. This will put you back in queue, and the process can repeat itself. One time it happened so much that it literally took me over 25 minutes just to finally get into a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorpy

Member

12-24-2012

So normaly i dont reply on forums but i figure ill make my first post on here starting with this thread. I have multiple accounts and one actually in the under 1200 elo rating right now. You have a point with the trolls in these lower lobbies being more abundant than in higher elo's. The thing is you have to learn to play around the issue. Not everyone in every game is going to be tryhard lets win this game because i wanna get outa elo hell. Most people dont even really care about their elo in that rating by the time they get to 900 or less. The thing is a team of 4 can beat a team of 5 and if you focus on objectives rather than k/d overall thats how you win the games. say top lane trolls you have 4 other lanes that if played and watched can easily carry the game. Cool top tower is gone in 5 minutes and he has 5 kills why couldnt you as mid jungle or adc freeze your lane and take the time to push your weakest lane for a minute or two. Not every game can be carried and not every game is going to be a win. This is where strategy and not having tunnel vision for just your lane comes in to play. I mean youre playing with 5 strangers do you really trust everyone to play on your level and mindset? If youre looking to be in a position where you have a perfect match everyday youre in the wrong game and should be playing cod where either you can win on kills alone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worshipmeh

Member

12-24-2012

I just dislike kids who can't grasp the game so intentionally troll/feed because they don't have the will to get better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superb Phat Kat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-24-2012

Btw guys, statistics don't matter at all. Even though I DO have better chances of winning because I have 4 bads and they have 5, it still doesn't matter? A fed ****** hurts, whether he is good or not. No matter how good you are, you can't 1v5 against a team, no matter how bad they are. I've learned that lane phase is nothing. I always get fed in lane phase. But no matter how fed I am, after lane phase ends what can I do when my team runs around enemy jungle alone with no wards and dies constantly, doesn't protect towers, always those 2 guys that are running around at top while we are protecting mid turret and getting raped.
Statistics don't matter at all.