1100 ELO and below (NOT A RANT)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superb Phat Kat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Hi people.
I've come to you today for a problem that I have been having to cope with since the start of S3.
Being in a ELO under 1100 and trying to get out. I'm not going to start griping about "ELO Hell", because I don't believe in it, but I am going to gripe about some other things.
Wait times on dodges. At the moment, I am under a 30 minutes wait time because I dodged a ranked game with a bunch of idiots. This has happened over and over and over and over again. I have literally dodged 5 games in a row. I can't get a single ranked game in because I don't want to lose. They should take away dodge time for lower ELO just because of the sole fact that people that don't want to lose because they get a bad team from the start have to wait 30 minutes to an hour over and over and over again. I haven't gotten a single ranked game in today. I have been playing ARAM's all day because I keep having to dodge stupid teams.
Don't say "Oh, but you can't tell they are bad until you play with them!" -- Yes you can. First off, when they don't say a word and then autolock with revive as last pick when the roles already filled, or when they argue about roles and can't play a role other than top or adc or WHATEVER. Another way is lolking.net, which I check every person on my team in ranked. I'm pretty sure a guy that has gone 1-9 and 1-7 and 1-5 and fed over and over again isn't going to do good just this game. Sure, some people are just new to ranked and can't help it, but why do I have to suffer for them? Why not give me atleast the privilege to dodge and queue back again for another chance to get a better team without having to wait 30 minutes and up?
Please, Riot, fix this! How am I expected to gain ELO solo queue when I can play 1 ranked game a day because every game I get trolls and ******bags and have to dodge queue?
This is NOT a post about how I'm stuck in ELO hell and it's not my fault and that other ****. It's a post about how I'm trying to get to higher ELO, but is extremely tought because I can play 1 game a day because of dodge wait times.

Thank you for reading my post.

TOErannosaurus

12-23-2012

The dodges are pretty bad. I sat through 4 in a row last night during my placement matches.

WilliamOfXeno

12-23-2012

hi

Shichibi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Im at like 1024. . . . It seems that when ever i get a match made i am the best on the team and it is annoying cause im not super good yet. So that means that my team is usually not good at all. I think i am 3/6 and it makes me butt hurt. Not really adding to the post but thought id vent a little on the subject. ktb

Superb Phat Kat

12-23-2012

yay, gotta dodge again. first game after wait time. This will never stop.

HeroKillerz

12-23-2012

The main reason you dodge is because you want to be carried. Riot knows the, I know this and you know this. Riot gives you the negative incentive called 'dodge time' to stop or slow down the progression of people like you who can't play with guys that "don't know how to play". I have a friend, who is 200 elo above me play a few ranked games in my account so far he won 2 out of 2 games.

Do you know what this means? There ARE people better than you that can kick your ass double time up and down the elo ladder.

There are a few things that I've seen in his gameplay.
-1 he takes into account the skill levels of all people playing( yes he uses the nubs as baits)
-2 he seldom makes mistakes on csing
-3 he take map awareness seriously

Before you have the right to complain make sure you can do at least those three aspects of play.

Capt Poro Snax

12-23-2012

lol at using noobs for bait always funny, but lets get to the heart of the matter. your going at it all wrong a dodge is a last resort for when you get "top or troll". the better way to do it if you absolutely haft to dodge is ether one ask someone to dodge, or b force a dodge.
inb4 the omg you should never dodge. there are times after many matches when your dodge since starts Tingling and you can just fell it.

Superb Phat Kat

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroKillerz View Post
The main reason you dodge is because you want to be carried. Riot knows the, I know this and you know this. Riot gives you the negative incentive called 'dodge time' to stop or slow down the progression of people like you who can't play with guys that "don't know how to play". I have a friend, who is 200 elo above me play a few ranked games in my account so far he won 2 out of 2 games.

Do you know what this means? There ARE people better than you that can kick your ass double time up and down the elo ladder.

There are a few things that I've seen in his gameplay.
-1 he takes into account the skill levels of all people playing( yes he uses the nubs as baits)
-2 he seldom makes mistakes on csing
-3 he take map awareness seriously

Before you have the right to complain make sure you can do at least those three aspects of play.
No offense, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. If i read your post correctly, you're saying that I should carry an entire team alone? The reason I posted this is because I DON'T want to carry, not to be carried. League of Legends is a team game. I'd be 100% fine if I could carry an entire team on my shoulders, but it is impossible when every on your team is bad, which is the case almost every game. It comes down to whether your lucky or not and get a good team or a bad team (9/10 bad), and I want to make it so you don't have to be penalized for not wanting to play with the bads and lose ELO because you can't carry a entire game on your own. And btw, I have those 3 steps down. I rarely do bad in games.

ULTRASRBIN

12-24-2012

I went from about 860 to 1150 in a week without a single dodge. Just find reliable duo partner

kdfsjljklgjfg

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicklesNwalrus View Post
No offense, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. If i read your post correctly, you're saying that I should carry an entire team alone? The reason I posted this is because I DON'T want to carry, not to be carried. League of Legends is a team game. I'd be 100% fine if I could carry an entire team on my shoulders, but it is impossible when every on your team is bad, which is the case almost every game. It comes down to whether your lucky or not and get a good team or a bad team (9/10 bad), and I want to make it so you don't have to be penalized for not wanting to play with the bads and lose ELO because you can't carry a entire game on your own. And btw, I have those 3 steps down. I rarely do bad in games.
If your team is bad that often, then probability states that so is the other team, except that without you, so an extra player who may or may not be bad. Actually, mathematically speaking, the other team is MORE likely to be bad than your team because of that extra player.

There is no global conspiracy that ensures that your team is always bad and the other team is always good "9/10" times. If you weren't penalized for leaving at low ELO, then with the general mass perception of ELO hell, then EVERYONE will be dodging games nonstop, and you'll have to wait an hour to get a game in whether or not you dodged. Unless you're asking for Riot to put you in your own little special queue that puts only good-record players on your team and bad on the other team, you're complaining about something that's working exactly as it should work.