So... This picture is sad... would actually replacing Draft W/ Ranked attract people?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lancer37

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

So... This picture is sad... would actually replacing Draft W/ Ranked attract people?

Hawkwìng

12-23-2012

^this

Damieh

12-23-2012

Of course it would. At the very very very least it will leave things as they are now.

Therlun

12-24-2012

It wouldn't. There are many reasons why most SR players don't take Dom seriously or even hate it, not having ranked is but a single one.
It's not about encouraging people to start playing Dominion any more, it's about changing people's established negative opinion on it which is much harder.

HaIfhearted

12-24-2012

I know a few people who quit Dominion solely because it still doesn't have ranked, and a couple others who say they would be willing to try Dominion if ranked were added.

Being able to track your skill relative to others is a very powerful motivating force, given the competitiveness that is part of the human race.

Fabs457

12-24-2012

I know that for a couple of my friends who first introduced me to LoL stopped with dominion altogether once elo became hidden. To me that was a pointless change that didn't accomplish anything outside of losing players and further illegitamizing the mode.

WorstAlistarEver

12-24-2012

people started to quit playing dom when they removed the dodge penalty from dominion a while ago.
draft died because of this. mostly because premades, dodgers and trolls were abusing it so much that you just couldn't play a game.