If Riot is willing to disable items on Dominion/TT...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

12-28-2012

Hey, I think the message here is that Summoner Spells in general need a serious looking at. They've been neglected as a 'grandfathered in' mechanism of the game for years now.

As far as Dominion is concerned, the only summoner spells anyone cares about are:
Revive, Exhaust, Ignite, Garrison. That's it. All four of these spells need to be nerfed to bring them in line with the rest of the spells. Either that, or disabled and recreated as Dominion-specific iterations.

Smite, Clarity, Clairvoyance, Ghost should all be disabled for Dominion, and replaced with Dominion-balanced summoner spells. Flash could probably use a Dominion-specific version as well, though I think it might be fine if the 'big four' are nerfed.

FDru is right; keeping revive because the other three spells are broken is really poor design. They all need to be looked at. No sense in operating in a vacuum.

TimeWhisp

12-28-2012

I wonder if people would use ghost if it had a bigger speed boost and a lower cooldown in DOM.

fizzlebeef

12-28-2012

To the person who said "Who cares, you can only use it twice in the 20 minute game.": I'm not sure what ELO you people are playing at but games often come down to one or two key capture/defends. Yes, the whole game you have to perform but there are key moments when revive will darastically raise your chance of winning unless the other team also picks revive. Ala, every game everyone has revive and those who do not are hindering their team.

I don't think summer spells were ever intended to be used in this manor. Down vote all you want but it's true. I remember when the name change threads would always be down voted into oblivion -- guess what we have now? It was inevitable, just as tweaking or removing revive from Dominion is unavoidable. They just are trying to figure out what to do.