Force of Nature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

12-24-2012
16 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
yes but the range on randuin requires you catch him first. plus, it has a cd while ms does not.
I'm more referring to the guaranteed passive movement speed slow proc that it has now for the catching up to the AD carry part.

Granted, I suppose they could never attack you while you run up to them but if they're constantly running - I think you've accomplished your goal as a tank to begin with, for the most part.

Krynul

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
This item exists - it's called Randuin's Omen. While it doesn't accomplish the goal by directly making you faster - it accomplishes the goal by making the carry slower if he attempts to kite you - and has a wide-range active slow to pin them for a duration once you are there.

Replace Surge with Exhaust and you'll be much more likely to get that kill, in the vast majority of cases - especially if you have the offensive mastery.
So my ability to stick to a target, escape from an enemy has to be on a cooldown and staying with my carry just doesn't happen? I'm not sure that's achieving the same objective.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

12-24-2012
17 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
So my ability to stick to a target, escape from an enemy has to be on a cooldown and staying with my carry just doesn't happen? I'm not sure that's achieving the same objective.
It's the passive, not the active that accomplishes the goal here, for the most part - it has a slow component upon being hit - so either you never get hit (Yay!) or they're slowed.

lol I died again

12-24-2012

Quote:
Replace Surge with Exhaust and you'll be much more likely to get that kill, in the vast majority of cases - especially if you have the offensive mastery.
Exhaust requires a click, which can slow a high burst assassin's ability to burst someone (especially if it's an insane combo like Eve's WD2QRQEF in just over a second).

More importantly, all of their relevant defense is pierced, and you are already dealing true damage.

FaerKhan

12-24-2012

Quote:
It's the passive, not the active that accomplishes the goal here, for the most part.
Unless of course the ADC is ignoring you as he should, since you're the lowest priority and least squishy target...

Krynul

12-24-2012

Quote:
It's the passive, not the active that accomplishes the goal here, for the most part - it has a slow component upon being hit - so either you never get hit (Yay!) or they're slowed.
But as a tank I want them to hit me instead of my team (so less yay), and they want to avoid hitting me which makes it again difficult for me to catch them. Basically the item only works in that manner if the enemy is doing the one thing they shouldn't.

Defiance

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerKhan View Post
Unless of course the ADC is ignoring you as he should, since you're the lowest priority and least squishy target...
Then you are a useless brusier/tank who deals no damage or CC ahaha

Xypherous

Systems Designer

12-24-2012
18 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Exhaust requires a click, which can slow a high burst assassin's ability to burst someone.

More importantly, all of their relevant defense is pierced, and you are already dealing true damage.
Ah, I thought you were talking about Surge in the context of AD carries - not high burst assassins.

The answer on high burst assassins is that they don't really need additional support to murder someone - most high burst assassins need the opportunity, rather than the raw damage - hence why Flash is so popular on them.

MTempty

12-24-2012

Quote:
I'm more referring to the guaranteed passive movement speed slow proc that it has now for the catching up to the AD carry part.

Granted, I suppose they could never attack you while you run up to them but if they're constantly running - I think you've accomplished your goal as a tank to begin with, for the most part.
Fair enough... Actually, I need to start using Randuin's more often. /noted.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Quote:
Possibly - while it would be obviously far more gated if the effect was situational - the ubiquity of the item has a strength all on its own.

Mostly, the 5 potions are the annoying thing thats tipping the starting build over the top - because we're actually relatively okay with how it plays out past the first-buy.
I actually feel that this would be best solved by making flask cheaper, as opposed to raising the price.
If it was cheaper and you could get boots (Or even just cloth) without going deep into utility, people might opt for that route other than just stacking potions.

You can always buy like 13 potions if you really wanted regen. I think it's mainly that flask is a great starting item, but there's nothing else you can get with your starting gold since it's awkwardly priced.