Elo hell exists. Deal with it.

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
From my experience with my 1700 elo friend on a smurf. No, I would not. However if the game goes into the team fight face with both teams being pretty even, I would be willing to bet a lot more for the team with the 1600 elo player.
Then you do not understand anything about the concept of Elo rating. I'd take 1:5 odds on the team with the 1600 in a heartbeat.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
Then you do not understand anything about the concept of Elo rating. I'd take 1:5 odds on the team with the 1600 in a heartbeat.
Say my 1700 elo friend switched to his smurf account full time. He would be in my same position. In fact, he recently kind of has. And guess what, his match history is nothing special, and he wins just as often as he loses. However on his main, he WINS MORE than he loses because of the fact that teams co-operate in that elo. The game feels like a damn coin flip. If you get a team that feeds a ton, you lost, but if they only feed a little or none at all, then you win.

LogicalTautology

12-23-2012

Quote:
The game feels like a damn coin flip. If you get a team that feeds a ton, you lost, but if they only feed a little or none at all, then you win.
I agree with you 100%. Which means you will win 56% of all games against players that aren't substantially better than you.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. Which means you will win 56% of all games against players that aren't substantially better than you.
W/e. I'm just gonna go practice more.

aphronyaa

12-23-2012

Here's one big problem with your inability to get better which I've seen skimming through every single one of these posts where you consistently try and defend yourselef.

Suck it the **** up and admit you're bad (you're what, 1300 ELO after 150 games?) and work on your ways to improve. Win your lane? Great, now go force an objective or win someone elses. Teams behind? Order their asses to group up mid before the enemy does and push towers. Team not warding? Well it's your lucky day, you get to put gingerbread wards all over the map.

If you can't carry games, it means you belong around where you are. Especially with that many games under your belt already.
When the pre-season started and I was motivated to play ranked again, I hauled ass into 1600's easy as ****. Of course, there was a bit of luck involved with no DC/AFK'ers, but steamrolling through 1200s up to 1600 (at which point, cheese strategies and simply stomping my own lane doesn't help that much, you kind of have to try a bit unless you're a 2k+ player - I'm not, only 1.8ish - and I don't really like trying that hard.)

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

Quote:
W/e. I'm just gonna go practice more.
This is why people like Logical Tautology, AD Bottom, and myself make posts to speak out against this idea of Elo hell, because THIS is actually the solution to increasing your Elo--practice.

We KNOW that sometimes you get trolls or bad players or teammates just having a bad game. We also KNOW that the enemy team gets these players too sometimes. They roughly even themselves out (because YOU also have bad games too).

So if you're not at the Elo you want to be at, practice. Get better at more roles. Learn to carry from all roles. Learn how to snowball your lane and turn your lane opponent into a feeder every match. Learn how to convert winning your own lane into roaming and making sure all lanes win.

There are a lot of things you can do to increase your own odds of winning. Conceding to this belief in Elo hell means you've given in to this idea that no matter how hard you try, you're stuck, and it's just not true.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
Here's one big problem with your inability to get better which I've seen skimming through every single one of these posts where you consistently try and defend yourselef.

Suck it the **** up and admit you're bad (you're what, 1300 ELO after 150 games?) and work on your ways to improve. Win your lane? Great, now go force an objective or win someone elses. Teams behind? Order their asses to group up mid before the enemy does and push towers. Team not warding? Well it's your lucky day, you get to put gingerbread wards all over the map.

If you can't carry games, it means you belong around where you are. Especially with that many games under your belt already.
When the pre-season started and I was motivated to play ranked again, I hauled ass into 1600's easy as ****. Of course, there was a bit of luck involved with no DC/AFK'ers, but steamrolling through 1200s up to 1600 (at which point, cheese strategies and simply stomping my own lane doesn't help that much, you kind of have to try a bit unless you're a 2k+ player - I'm not, only 1.8ish - and I don't really like trying that hard.)
You make it sound so easy when its not. Either way, I never stated I was a pro, and there are plenty of things I need to work on. I just think I deserve to be a couple hundred elo higher than I am.

Currently there are 2 things I think im bad at that are the most important (as I lose from it the most):
1. consistently having a good creep score.
2. Performing well under the pressure/camping of the enemy jungler.

After I get better at those, I think I can carry most games.

Now let me state what I think one more time: I have no problem with elo hell (although it does sometimes piss me off when I get 5 troll games in a row), but I do think it exists for players who should be in the 1400-1500 range and are stuck in the 1100-1200 range. Anyone who deserves higher than that I think will most definitely carry themselves out.

aphronyaa

12-23-2012

Quote:
You make it sound so easy when its not. Either way, I never stated I was a pro, and there are plenty of things I need to work on. I just think I deserve to be a couple hundred elo higher than I am.

Currently there are 2 things I think im bad at:
1. consistently having a good creep score.
2. Performing well under the pressure/camping of the enemy jungler.
This will win you a majority of games at low ELO. You can make up for raw mechanics by being huge in items.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
This will win you a majority of games at low ELO. You can make up for raw mechanics by being huge in items.
So I hear.

Rillain

12-24-2012

I've been at 900 elo and the thing that makes elo hell exist is that it takes A LONG TIME to get out. It's not inescapable like some people claim.

If you wanna see what good scores really are, check my ranked stats and match history. You have to be consistent. Looking at your history, I can see that you die a lot with Jax. If you have around 10 kills, you're most likely the team's source of damage and without you, they will get wrecked. Therefore, you have to keep yourself alive.

Also, the 2 most important roles in low elo are jungler and support. Some people may say jungler and mid, but everyone wants mid and it's better not to argue for it. Not many people know how to jungle, and not many people want to support, so you need those 2 roles mastered. You can't be playing top nearly every game. It's a bad lane; it's always imbalanced; the better champion wins; when you take top, you're taking someone else's main role.

If you want to get out, you need jungler and support. Or do it like me, and be able to play any role. I plan on filling in until I make it to gold, then hopefully I can just stick to 2 roles. Good luck!

1234567 ... 10