Elo hell exists. Deal with it.

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
3/2/0. That's not a bad score, but you clearly didn't help your team at all, or you didn't get them together.
This game I was playing mid. I can win my lane as a mid, but I have a hard time actually finishing my opposing laner for a kill, as I main top and don't go mid to often. I was vlad, and I almost helped win 2 team fights(they were all real low), but they had an AP yi who got extremely fed off of ganks, despite my efforts to warn them of him being mia 24/7. My 3 kills were from ganking bot twice and top once. In team fights we just got crushed, although my ult and E got them all pretty low along with pantheons ult.

Quote:
You died 4 times. While it's not a bad score, you still shouldn't be coming out with scores like this too often if you're significantly better
Again, I was mid as vlad. The game was quite similar to the one above. I got some nice CS and was able to do a lot in team fights but their darius and ashe both got fed and in our 3 team fights, they aced us.

Quote:
11/5/9. Perhaps a GA instead of a BT. You need to stay alive if you're carrying.
Fair enough, ill take the advice.

Quote:
9/9/3. You had 9 kills, but you also had 9 deaths. Die less often and you'll win more. Kills are only worth it if you're playing snowball champions like Akali. Jax isn't really a snowball champion any more than any other strong hero.
Ahhhh this game. I can't say I remember it much only that I did not play that well. I remember I was with a duo partner(who played ahri) and we went pretty crazy on skype and ran in a lot when we shouldn't have. I still managed to pick up kills in doing so.

Quote:
1/5/1. That's 2/10. 3/6/3. 3/10.
Both these games were due to something I've said in a recent post. I got FB and then proceeded to get camped and didn't know what to do. Even with wards I would just run and get Tower dived. This very rarely happens and any advice on what to do when getting camped would be appreciated.

In the next day or two I can guarantee you my match history will look much better than it is now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Okay, so let's say we're gearing up for March Madness in basketball. There are two college teams that are going to be playing in the finals, and you don't know anything about them except for the following. Tell me what you think about the result of the game.
Situation 1: Lebron James is playing for Team A.
Situation 2: Dwight Howard is playing for Team A.
Situation 3: Ricky Rubio is playing for Team A.
Situation 4: Average NBA Starter is playing for Team A.
Situation 5: Best College Player in the Country is playing for Team A.
Situation 6: Average College Player is playing for Team A.
Situation 7: Below-Average College Player is playing for Team A.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheJGWentworth

Junior Member

12-23-2012

You will slowly rise dude.. I started 1k last season and finished gold, and then this season got thrown down to 1200 and hit 1500 yesterday. Takes skill and willingness to get better and stop blaming your teammates for mistakes you made.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

12-23-2012

If you're being towerdived that early, you're doing it wrong. If you're not doing it wrong, you're giving them too much. Ward, farm, get tanky. If you get ganked, you were too far forward. Freeze the lane just outside your tower. If they dive you later, ward at baron, get mid to ward their wraiths, and sit a ward in the bush so you can see them coming. Get your jungler to come help you - make it a 2v3 because of the tower. Unless you're both way behind, you can barely lose.

Worse case scenario, let your tower drop. Giving the enemy laner 5 kills is worse than giving the entire team 190 gold and giving yourself room to breath.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Okay, so let's say we're gearing up for March Madness in basketball. There are two college teams that are going to be playing in the finals, and you don't know anything about them except for the following. Tell me what you think about the result of the game.
Situation 1: Lebron James is playing for Team A.
Situation 2: Dwight Howard is playing for Team A.
Situation 3: Ricky Rubio is playing for Team A.
Situation 4: Average NBA Starter is playing for Team A.
Situation 5: Best College Player in the Country is playing for Team A.
Situation 6: Average College Player is playing for Team A.
Situation 7: Below-Average College Player is playing for Team A.
.

Lol, I don't consider myself a sporty person. But if I had to play a sport it would be basketball. The only name I recognize that you stated is Lebron James. I have no idea what the results for these games would be. And what the hell is march madness?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Okay, nevermind. I'll use a more direct example. Two teams are playing a game of LoL. You do not know anything about who the players are, but know that 9 of them are randomly chosen and assigned players with an Elo rating between 1150 and 1250. You know the following about the 10th player:
1) A player with 2500 Elo is on Team A
2) A player with 2000 Elo is on Team A
3) A player with 1800 Elo is on Team A
4) A player with 1600 Elo is on Team A
5) A player with 1400 Elo is on Team A
6) A player with 1200 Elo is on Team A
7) A player with 800 Elo is on Team A

In each case, how likely is Team A to win the game? This is absolutely the only information you have about the two teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
You will slowly rise dude.. I started 1k last season and finished gold, and then this season got thrown down to 1200 and hit 1500 yesterday. Takes skill and willingness to get better and stop blaming your teammates for mistakes you made.
I doubt it.

Quote:
If you're being towerdived that early, you're doing it wrong. If you're not doing it wrong, you're giving them too much. Ward, farm, get tanky. If you get ganked, you were too far forward. Freeze the lane just outside your tower. If they dive you later, ward at baron, get mid to ward their wraiths, and sit a ward in the bush so you can see them coming. Get your jungler to come help you - make it a 2v3 because of the tower. Unless you're both way behind, you can barely lose.

Worse case scenario, let your tower drop. Giving the enemy laner 5 kills is worse than giving the entire team 190 gold and giving yourself room to breath.
Thanks for the advice but I think you need some back story to what happened those games...
The 3/6/3 game I couldn't freeze just outside my tower as I was facing nidalee as jayce. The shaco on my team decided to steal their red the second time it came up, but nidalee caught him giving her a kill after my FB. Then I eventualy got ganked giving her another. This let her harass me all day to the point where if I froze it right out side my tower, she would harass and out trade me all day, so I had to let it push further. Because of this harass, it allowed riven (who got fed on bot lane) to Tower dive me all day.

The 1/5/1 game had a xin zhao who got fed so hard on bot lane (6 kills) it allowed him to just melt me in seconds.Then with wukongs ult, tower diving was even easier.

Also, asking a jungler for help can be a very tedious task in this elo. And asking a mid to ward wraiths? That'd be a miracle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
1) A player with 2500 Elo is on Team A
If he went top or mid, jungle or adc I think there is a very great chance team A would win unless his allies were complete trolls. If he was support, the chance of winning goes way down (but still higher than the enemy team) because if the other lanes fed, there isn't much a support can do to get the team back in the game besides wards. Lots of the supports from professional teams choose a different role in solo Q.

Quote:
2) A player with 2000 Elo is on Team A
Same as above.

Quote:
3) A player with 1800 Elo is on Team A
Same as #1

Quote:
4) A player with 1600 Elo is on Team A
I have a buddy of mine who is 1700 elo on his main and used a smurf to queue with me to try and raise me up. We lost 2 games and won one of them. Although his individual skill was much higher than those we were playing with. He wasn't able to carry if multiple lanes fed (this happened twice).
Not only that, but from what I can tell my individual skill is about equal to his. This game very much depends on how much the lanes feed, and how co-operative each team is.

Quote:
5) A player with 1400 Elo is on Team A
Same as above, although now this player even has a chance to lose his lane. I has queued with countless friends and allies who have mains this elo and still lose their lanes to people in my elo.

Quote:
6) A player with 1200 Elo is on Team A
This player, unless in the same position as me, is equally as likely to win their lane as the enemy. Game depends on who has the most team work and/or who feeds the most.

Quote:
7) A player with 800 Elo is on Team A
Most players in this range are not that much worse than people in my elo. Same as above.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-23-2012

You're telling me you wouldn't bet a substantial amount on a game of LoL where you knew the Elo of the players was 1600/1200/1200/1200/1200 vs 1200/1200/1200/1200/1200?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
You're telling me you wouldn't bet a substantial amount on a game of LoL where you knew the Elo of the players was 1600/1200/1200/1200/1200 vs 1200/1200/1200/1200/1200?
From my experience with my 1700 elo friend on a smurf. No, I would not. However if the game goes into the team fight face with both teams being pretty even, I would be willing to bet a lot more for the team with the 1600 elo player. I fail to see where this is going....


123456 ... 10