Elo hell exists. Deal with it.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Alright i'm no pro who thinks they should be 1800+ elo. But I consider myself an above average player who should be around 1400-1500 elo. I'll try to get straight to the point:

After a certain amount of games everyone says you're supposed to average out to where you're supposed to be. Well either i'm unlucky as hell or that's just plain wrong because it's not happening.

My stats are always pretty damn good whether we lose or win and over the course of the 100+ games I've played in ranked this season, I have fed around 5 of them due to ganks. I have had plenty people tell me that I would slowly rank up (including some 1700 elo players who im better than) but its just not happening.

My averages are 5.6 kills/3.6 deaths/6.7 assists. I used to have alot higher average kills(7.2), but after being forced to play support and jungle a ton it has gone down. My jayce and jax stats are what I think prove I should be higher elo, just go look at them(name is enconex). Only recently have I done somewhat bad as them where 2 games I went 1/5/1 as jax and 3/6/3 as jayce (at the bottom of my MH) due to ganks.

I have resorted to queue dodging when I get a bad team, and I tell you, it happens ALL THE TIME. Just last game got an anivia support an annie jungle. Game before that had a FP garen having to face a jayce and a double adc bot. Couple games before that had taric jungle with revive and smite. It happens over and over. Sure if I was dyrus, or chaox, or froggen, I could carry myself out of this mess, but I'm only on the 1400-1500 level.

Elo hell exists guys
-enconex

LogicalTautology

12-23-2012

What's your favourite sport? I assure you there's a reason for this, just work with me.

Jerk9003

12-23-2012

Elo hell doesn't exist. You just aren't as good as you think you are.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
What's your favourite sport? I assure you there's a reason for this, just work with me.
I main top and always dominate anyone as jax or jayce with whom I've played a ton. I can also mid fairly well (although I don't always get fed like I do top), and I'm a pretty good jungler with lee sin, as well as a decent support with lulu (have some beast stats with her as well: 2 kills/3 deaths/13.8 assists). But my favorite spot is top.

If you really did mean sport, then basketball. xD

Quote:
Elo hell doesn't exist. You just aren't as good as you think you are.
Thank you for your very wise words. *sarcasm*. I have better stats than everyone in my elo range except smurfs and the few other players who are in my same position.

Zeff520

12-23-2012

he mean't real life sport... because its about teamwork not your personal stats

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
he mean't real life sport... because its about teamwork not your personal stats
My teamwork is perhaps better than my actual play. I constantly call mia and ping if I think they are in danger. I encourage my support to buy wards, and in many games assist them because no one seems to understand how OP wards are. All of this has very little effect on the game. VERY few people in this elo could give a **** about what you say. A few games ago I had a troll tristana and amumu bot lane (the amumu didn't want to support). The tristana stacked zeals and fed alot, and the amumu went afk for a bit and then came back. I almost carried this game with jax by buying wards and owning top lane. Everyone on my team was negative, and I had better stats than everyone on the enemy team. Despite being down 10+ kills to the enemy, brand and I helped barely win a couple of team fights. However eventually the lack of an effective adc got to us, and we lost. My end game stats were 11/5/9 (best in that game).

I often laugh at how bad the tops I face are, and I don't understand how anyone could feed these players...Like I said I don't think i'm amazing, just worthy of at least 1400 elo.

I think the #1 thing holding me back is the lack of knowing how to deal with junglers camping my lane. I often get 1st blood only to lose my lane from a camping jungler. Even with wards I seem to be bad at paying attention to them.

Disgruntler

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
I almost carried this game with jax by buying wards and owning top lan
If you're doing that well, why are you not owning ALL lanes?

Who cares if you won your lane... what did you do with it? The win condition is killing a nexus... bragging that you win your lane is like bragging you won the tipoff in basketball. I mean, that's nice, but you still need to get that ball into the basket if you want to score points today.

Do you feed kills to other lanes to get them back in the game? Or are your ganks solely to get another kill for yourself? Do you try to get the best score, or do you try to put the entire team into a dominant position?

In LoL, if you have a weak team, you have a weak teamfight. Use your strength and get others strong--that is the best way to win.

Quote:
Thank you for your very wise words. *sarcasm*. I have better stats than everyone in my elo range except smurfs and the few other players who are in my same position.

Except the 'winning the game' stat. You're not able to convert lane dominance into victory, and that is a skill you need to work on. Essentially, if you consistently place highly in terms of stats, but can't win, it means that statisticly speaking, you've only proven your ability to throw games. That's not something to be proud of.

Jerk9003

12-23-2012

Quote:

Last 10 games. You only won 4 of them, and you only did well in 4 of them, 1 being a game where you lost. You can cry and complain saying the LoL gods are against you putting you with garbage players while you deserve that top elo spot, but the sad fact is that you aren't as good as the higher elo players.

adc

12-23-2012

3/2/0. That's not a bad score, but you clearly didn't help your team at all, or you didn't get them together.

3/4/3. You died 4 times. While it's not a bad score, you still shouldn't be coming out with scores like this too often if you're significantly better.

11/5/9. Perhaps a GA instead of a BT. You need to stay alive if you're carrying.

8/3/8. You had a good score and won.

2/2/22. See above.

9/9/3. You had 9 kills, but you also had 9 deaths. Die less often and you'll win more. Kills are only worth it if you're playing snowball champions like Akali. Jax isn't really a snowball champion any more than any other strong hero.

1/5/1. That's 2/10.

19/1/3. Good score and you won.

3/6/3. 3/10.

You seem to be the limiting factor in at least 30% of your match history. If you truly were significantly better than your current Elo range, you'd be the limiting factor in far less. If you look at my Ranked stats, you'll see that I have decent to good stats with every champion except Graves. I would say that I've been the limiting factor in 1 or 2 of my 16 games. I'm at 1400 Elo.

If you're better than where you're playing, you'll get significantly better scores than the rest of the game, and you'll win more often than not because of that.

So the only conclusion to draw is that no, you don't belong higher.

Enconex

12-23-2012

Quote:
If you're doing that well, why are you not owning ALL lanes? Who cares if you won your lane... what did you do with it?
I did quite alot with it. First, I got brand fed mid with ganks. By the end of it he had an additional 4 kills from my ganks. Didn't stop him from thinking he was unstoppable later and changing his score from 7/5 to 8/11. Second, I helped win team fights by killing their fed adc in a second, and then acting as a tank for my team to barely win the fight.

Quote:
Do you feed kills to other lanes to get them back in the game? Or are your ganks solely to get another kill for yourself? Do you try to get the best score, or do you try to put the entire team into a dominant position?
I take pride in being one of those few players who gives others kills after i'm fed enough. After around 7-8 kills, I make sure I do everything I can to not take a kill from someone unless they are fed as well. However this doesn't apply in team fights, as I can never tell if someone is going to get the kill as people get away very low all the time in team fights. If there is one person left on the enemy team though, and I know one of my allies can pick up the kill, I will allow it.

The problem is when bot and mid lane or in some cases the jungler feeds their team, it eventually gets to the point where I cant carry team fights because they are just, well, to fed. Also, I seem to always, especially recently, get tons of trolls. You cant carry a team late game with the lack of a player who does anything in fights.

12345 ... 10