Akali Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

10-15-2010

Unlike the general mass, I am deciding if it is really worth procing her spell vamp passive early on, this will also leave room for better runes. I am thinking about just rushing a Rageblade first then continue into Rylai's Scepter and skipping Doran's items because I believe they only delay your core items. So is this a good idea to just pick up an Ability Tome and farm until I get enough for a Pickaxe + Boots instead of just starting off with a Doran's Blade or Longsword?

RoflTroll

10-15-2010

Akali have really low HP without items.

You can't get your core item if you can't farm.

If you can't regain HP you'll be a victim to harasses (potions also 'delay your core'), and for every trip you b, you lose time to farm (meaning less exp and gold).

You're most likely not going to be aiming to kill anyone early, so that extra damage on swing is useless(you already have massive damage in Q to last hit), not to mention it's not going to be a big part of your damage early on (or later on, for that matter).

So with that said, why should you NOT grab a doran and rune/masteries to get that spell vamp early so you aren't getting forced back to fountain every time you show up?

Kroghar

10-15-2010

Doesn't it only take one Attack Quint and a Doran's Blade to proc her passive?

And then you're free to concentrate on pure AP afterwards rather than waste gold on a Hybrid item you won't otherwise benefit too much from.

I don't play Akali yet, she's next on my list, but this is what I've heard from every Akali player and it makes sense. It's all about the early game dominance, either pushing your lane or jungling early.

FurKing Wolf

10-15-2010

You really only need dorans if you are 1v1 in a lane or 2v1. If there are 2 of them go ahead and get the tome first as you will be last hitting with your Q anyway, and will want to play defensively until level 6 anyway.

Leohan

10-15-2010

As an off-and-on Akali player, I'm pretty torn about the Rageblade. I do like it since it makes your attacks quicker during your combo, ensuring damage from your Mark, but the 2235 cost seems a bit wasteful. You'd be able to get Lich Bane faster without it, so I'm unsure. In any case, I personally only get the vamp for 2v2 or 1v2.

Texas Snyper

10-15-2010

rageblade is a questionable item at best, sure its a good hybrid item if you're going a hybrid build but IMO AP akali is much better because of its higher burst. After all, she is an assassin/anti-carry so you should use her as such. Just because you can build a tank twitch doesn't mean you should. The same applies here. Build her with stacked AP and enjoy dropping champs in under 3 seconds.

EDIT: wow, typed lichbane as questionable instead of rageblade >.< guess that's what happens when you're thinking faster than you're typing lol.

Zodiacshape

10-15-2010

My core build is Rageblade, Ryali's Scepter, Lichbane. I just keep stacking AP after Rageblade but my question was, is it better to grab a Doran's or Longsword just for the spell vamp or just hold out until I get 1325 gold to get a Pickaxe and Boots to proc the spell vamp. I have tried both ways but it seems like I am wasting runes getting AD quints and/or specing more than the 15% magic pen in Offense.

Texas Snyper

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiacshape View Post
My core build is Rageblade, Ryali's Scepter, Lichbane. I just keep stacking AP after Rageblade but my question was, is it better to grab a Doran's or Longsword just for the spell vamp or just hold out until I get 1325 gold to get a Pickaxe and Boots to proc the spell vamp. I have tried both ways but it seems like I am wasting runes getting AD quints and/or specing more than the 15% magic pen in Offense.
I spec 15/15/0. It is definitely worth getting the brute force to activate the spell vamp. I personally run 3AD quints, 1 AD mark, and 3/3 brute force so i get the 10AD without any items. It lets me start with a doran's shield for better survivability since, IMO anyways, doran's shield > doran's blade. Also, don't get the rageblade. Your gold is better spent elsewhere.

HateYerGuts

10-15-2010

Only go for her passive lvl 1 if you can get it with Doran's Blade. Don't buy longsword @ lvl1. Don't buy rageblade on her, she isn't an auto attacker.

Jersey

10-15-2010

Short answer: Yes.

Personally, I think Doran's Blade helps more than it hurts. With the passive spell vamp and the lifesteal, you can restore quite a bit of health which can really make the difference when you're getting harassed by a spear spamming pantheon (for example).