Google Poll: Language in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volor Flex

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnryu View Post
i dont see why people have a problem with foul language, there's a filter for a reason guys.
The only argument I've ever heard against that is, they don't want people to go out of their way to avoid being disturbed. Really, 3 clicks must be so hard for you. In all honesty, does it suck having to go through some extra trouble to avoid things you'd prefer not to? Yeah, but life isn't a cake walk either, so I don't understand why it's such a big deal. It's not like what you're seeing as text in the game is any worse than what you've experienced in real life, and if not you're probably not old enough to play this game anyways.

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

bump

Pale Grey Sky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNimpo View Post
The only argument I've ever heard against that is, they don't want people to go out of their way to avoid being disturbed. Really, 3 clicks must be so hard for you..
Chat filter is on by default.

CupcakeTrap

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
Did the poll. Didn't like the end though, I don't think a word is "Acceptable" or "Unacceptable" by itself. It really depends on the situation.
I've tried to adjust the "help" text somewhat to address this issue.

I realize it's a simplifying question, and I can understand how context could matter, but I think it's reasonable to ask "in general, is this word okay or not?" With a context of "in-game chat".

DildoMcFaggins

12-23-2012

language in LoL? hueheuheuheuheue mid pls pls mid **** mid ahaunqDONAWOFLEMFW

ManfredVonGmork

12-23-2012

Completed

CupcakeTrap

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonGmork View Post
Completed
Thank you!

CupcakeTrap

12-23-2012

We just hit 250 responses. I'll run it for a week or so and see if I can get up to 1000; that should be a respectable sample size for at least the forum-going subpopulation of LoL players.

FreestyleKneepad

12-23-2012

Answered, have a bump, good sir.

Glory4God

12-23-2012

Survey taken, good poll.