Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Google Poll: Language in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volor Flex

12-23-2012

Took the survey, so I'll give you a bump, and my opinion.

You might as well not go outside if words are going to offend you. I mean, there's no chat filter in real life, so you better not take the chance of someone calling you a ******, right? I mean, in the United States at least, we have the First Amendment for a reason, because we should be able to express ourselves however we need. Does that mean you might offend someone? Sure, but speech isn't the only thing that does that. Might as well have an option to Queue up with only Christians because you might think Muslims are bad people, or an option to only Queue up with white people because you hate playing with those dirty Mexicans who speak spanish, or at the least, broken English. I mean, seriously, just learn to deal with it. Punishing someone JUST because of their language is honestly degrading to me. I don't want to play a game where people are literally so immature that they feel the need to eradicate any "bad seed" in the bunch. Do I think this community is perfect? No, and neither is society. We all learn to live together, because when you start to purge what you deem "not fit" things like the holocaust happen. Or maybe League will turn into China, I mean, the overlords are taking over already. Or so I've heard.

That paragraph may or may not have made any sense. Oh well, feel free to flame me.

ginnryu

12-23-2012

i dont see why people have a problem with foul language, there's a filter for a reason guys.

Dauceer

12-23-2012

Well, bump, I suppose. I completed the survey.

Asylum Lux

12-23-2012

I don't really understand why, after all of your initial questions (on the same five words) gave context for how acceptable we deem a word and under which circumstances, you had to completely remove context from the equation and ask us if a word is "acceptable" arbitrarily.

notFREEfood

12-23-2012

Did the survey.

This isn't a black and white issue as your survey paints it. Most professionally done surveys that I have encountered on similar topics don't simply ask if something is acceptable or unacceptable. They ask if something is always unacceptable, mostly unacceptable, no opinion, mostly acceptable or always acceptable. I would gladly retake it if you revise your survey to include those options.

Archopin

12-23-2012

It depends hugely on the context that each of those are used in. I'm generally all right with most language (provided it's used harmlessly), but I flinch every time I have to read "ur a ******," or "fcking ******."

TittySprinklesJr

12-23-2012

Funny how the word "Noob" angers me more than all the other words.

ACanOfCoke

12-23-2012

Poll done. Also,

Quote:
Introvert:
Did the poll. Didn't like the end though, I don't think a word is "Acceptable" or "Unacceptable" by itself. It really depends on the situation.

I agree with this guy. That part honestly gives an inaccurate picture. Otherwise, I think the poll should give some interesting results.

BmXmAnIa

12-23-2012

What is your gender? Male? No. Female? No. Other? Hell yes...

Undtoromeso

12-23-2012

Chat filter: Acceptable tourettes style swearfest
Intentionally bypass chat filter: Suspension

Problem solved.