Google Poll: Language in LoL

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

I put this together. I'm curious to see what people think. It's a short survey of 15 questions.

I'll publish the results, whatever they are.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TFhDMTNYS0E6MQ

EDIT: Thank you for the upvotes. But if possible, please also bump so that we get more responses. And, of course, it would be interesting to read more detailed opinions on this issue.

EDIT2: I'm a bit short on time, but I've attached a quick initial summary. I'd like to do some proper statistical tests later on. But this should provide a reasonably accurate overview.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

If you're also interested in seeing what people think, please bump this with comments so that we get more data.

Bu Ice

12-23-2012

I just took it, I like any stats recording, I believe in the power of numbers and that it puts riot and anyone trying to read the numbers in the right direction for correct changes if any are needed

Pale Grey Sky

12-23-2012

Answered it, and here's my opinion: There's a chat filter. If naughty words offend you, use it. It's that simple.

CupcakeTrap

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liies View Post
Answered it, and here's my opinion: There's a chat filter. If naughty words offend you, use it. It's that simple.
I personally disagree, but I think this is an issue on which reasonable minds can differ, and I appreciate you taking the survey.

GodsFinest

12-23-2012

I'm ok with everything honestly.... its a game mainly filled with guys.... Tension and rage is a common thing

Hackdak

12-23-2012

I feel a chat filter works for the most part, but that's still no reason for certain words.

And then there are also the people that look like morons trying to get around it using things like Fck and Sht. If people want to see you swear/aren't bothered by it, they'll turn off the filter. No need to look like an idiot trying to go around it.

EaterOfSound

12-23-2012

Interesting idea.

For me, some words are acceptable between friends, but not OK in mixed or unknown company.
I answered the questions with a mindset of being in a solo queue.

Edit: The language filter is an option, but not an excuse. I do not auto punish for any words either.

Darkvolcan

12-23-2012

The question that had the 3rd answer choice of "None of these are close enough to my personality" or whatever, you should've added a "I don't care either way" option.

Words just don't bother me imo.

Back in elementary school we learned "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."
Maybe I took it too literally, or maybe I was born with a personality that just didn't care, but words really don't bother me, at all.

Introvert

12-23-2012

Did the poll. Didn't like the end though, I don't think a word is "Acceptable" or "Unacceptable" by itself. It really depends on the situation.

12345 ... 7