are more junglers viable with the new changes?

yes, more champions can be used now 37 25.69%
no, a lot of junglers that used to be good are now struggling and barely viable 75 52.08%
not sure, need more time to decide 30 20.83%
screw yordles 37 25.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

new jungle does NOT allow for a wider variety of junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverChampz

12-23-2012

udyr phoenix : kinda better but not yet actually count the time
maokai : not really changing..
xin : SLOW AS EVER!
noct : WOWOOWOWOW... lot fkin stronger than season 2
olaf : WOWOWOOWOWOW the best right now
rammus : sigh.. still a bad jungler..
darius : not really changing..
trundle : not really changing but kinda better i guess..
fiddle : his E so fkin good with machete
vi : SO FKIN AMAZING JUNGLER

idk.. i feel pissed off wit the new jungle when the preseason came.. and i think its over for jungle now.. but.. after around 2 more weeks playing udyr maokai noct olaf.. wow they really improve.. especially olaf and noct.. they can be said the fastest jungler now.. and im so happy that lee sin actually getting slower ! so much slower(according to stonewall008) that golem stone or somethin also really great on udyr.. now he can make a mobility/swiftness boots with it.. actually im pretty sad with the removal of HoG but fk it.. now i can make lot different build with the new item and jungle.. the new jungle kinda tough at first.. but you can see that the exp of monster kinda increase now.. so even with a hard leash it still a guaranteed lvl 4.. wraith kinda become a trouble now.. its so fkin strong till it kinda hard to kill..

LogicalTautology

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
Skarner was my main jungler and he was severely weakened in season 3 jungle. Basically, the AOE champs have slower clear times now and starting boots and 3x pots is not viable anymore. Level two ganks are now super risky because if you don't get a kill or assist fall behind a lot more than you used too.

Season 3 jungle is supposed to be easier for non-AOE champs but junglers like shen, rammus, and naut have been made unviable. Also, Junglers are now heavily punished for camping lanes or a failed gank. And the removal of Heart of Gold doesn't help either.
Yes. The whole point of the changes is because level 2 ganks and HoG on Junglers made it into a dominant strategy. Skarner is still a very good jungler in S3, probably just as good as he was in S2. Check out IWD's stream for Skarner play.

I don't play Shen, but I assume he's actually better in S3 than he was in S2, since he scales rather well off extra items, doesn't he? I happen to know for a fact that Rammus is better in S3 than he was in S2 (if only by default, since he hadn't been remotely playable since...May?) and he is now decent to good. Naut should have a horrendous early game pre-6, since he is such a beast in teamfights lategame, and again, Riot is open to buffing his level1 W slightly.

Boagster

12-24-2012

Here's someone who can jungle now and couldn't before: Urgot. He's got a very strong clear and pretty decent ganks, but it's hard to use him in a game because:

a) he is extremely blue dependent for his first clear and still very dependent through the second blue spawn
b) your teammates think you are trolling
c) most people don't understand his ganks

Also, you're poll is a bit flawed. You made three fundamentally different answers, but allow people to choose multiple answers. You also missed "Yes, some old junglers suffered but other champions have filled the gaps." Karthus has stepped up, Fiddlesticks has been made a bit more viable again (if only because everyone has slower clears than S2), Trundle is more viable (though still a poor pick).

Rillain

12-24-2012

Maybe it's just me but I actually find Skarner to be better now in S3.

CUC Truth

12-24-2012

hi

Beef All The Way

12-24-2012

Olaf is definately the King of preseason 3.... take 30/0/0 and all damage runes, and start with 14 pots, or a flask and as many pots as you can load up with and max q and e ignore w. stay in jungle until you run out of mana, or take your second red. very scary as you can OUTLEVEL mid. yes yes you can.

LogicalTautology

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef All The Way View Post
Olaf is definately the King of preseason 3.... take 30/0/0 and all damage runes, and start with 14 pots, or a flask and as many pots as you can load up with and max q and e ignore w. stay in jungle until you run out of mana, or take your second red. very scary as you can OUTLEVEL mid. yes yes you can.
Assuming by that you mean to take 9/21/0 (or even 0/21/9) Masteries, APen/Armor/MR18/Apen Runes, start with Machete and 5 pots, and to take a point in W at level 2, then you're spot on!

ChiSqrd

12-24-2012

The main problem I see with the season three jungle is that it was supposed to make more junglers viable, and as Riot used in their examples, sustain junglers with less reliable ganks would be viable again. However, those sustain junglers like Warwick and Fiddlesticks are still just as bad as they were in season two. It doesn't matter how well they can clear the jungle if they can't gank well consistently.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
The main problem I see with the season three jungle is that it was supposed to make more junglers viable, and as Riot used in their examples, sustain junglers with less reliable ganks would be viable again. However, those sustain junglers like Warwick and Fiddlesticks are still just as bad as they were in season two. It doesn't matter how well they can clear the jungle if they can't gank well consistently.
Yea, the difference is that the junglers with really great ganks like Skarner and Hecarim are slightly worse.

By changing the jungle to make it a little bit more dangerous for the best ganking junglers, you make the sustain junglers with weaker ganks more viable.

Beef All The Way

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Assuming by that you mean to take 9/21/0 (or even 0/21/9) Masteries, APen/Armor/MR18/Apen Runes, start with Machete and 5 pots, and to take a point in W at level 2, then you're spot on!

no I mean waht I put in my post... try it out... you dont even need a leash. It's so broken atm lol.';'

the way it works is the att speed boost from being low and the insane damage scaling on q make the clear times insane. the pots keep you from dying (pots + sustain from big monsters) it allows you to get to each camp as it spawns. and you can outlevel mid because of the length of time you can focus on early clearing making your ganks (when you do start to gank) crazy. because of the insane scale on q you can even beat most junglers even if they are full and you are under 20% hp. Bursty junglers can be your downfall, but since you can clear camps as they spawn this risk is minimal.