are more junglers viable with the new changes?

yes, more champions can be used now 37 25.69%
no, a lot of junglers that used to be good are now struggling and barely viable 75 52.08%
not sure, need more time to decide 30 20.83%
screw yordles 37 25.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

new jungle does NOT allow for a wider variety of junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rada3

12-23-2012

thank you all for your feedback. I note that a lot of you have been pretty clear that starting machete is a requirement for 99% of champs. I can't imagine why Riot would call that "more options" in the jungle.

Capt Poro Snax

12-23-2012

An ali jungle can still be pretty dominating. But it did make it a lot harder to snowball out of control in s3 jungle.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rada3 View Post
thank you all for your feedback. I note that a lot of you have been pretty clear that starting machete is a requirement for 99% of champs. I can't imagine why Riot would call that "more options" in the jungle.
Because for one, there are more champions that are viable. Machete is part of what makes a lot of new champions more viable in the jungle.

And for two, Machete builds into 4 or 5 different items.

LogicalTautology

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Because for one, there are more champions that are viable. Machete is part of what makes a lot of new champions more viable in the jungle.

And for two, Machete builds into 4 or 5 different items.
For 3, 99% of junglers building Machete and 5 pots* is still more variety than 100% of junglers starting Boots and 3 pots.

*Note that this is not the case. Shaco, Lee, and Udyr are all junglers that can start Boots3 for an aggressive lvl2 gank plan. Junglers that are heavy-Support like Nunu can also skill up the Utility Tree, take Wealth, and start Machete+Flask. So 85% of junglers will start Machete+Pots. Which is, again, less than 100% starting Boots3.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

Maokai starts Machete+Flask too.

Exprima

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoe View Post
Well they made the point that AOE wouldn't be the most important thing for jungling anymore. However without leashes and the stronger jungle buffs it really limits the ability of junglers to have a good clear time.

I haven't found any champion that can come out of the jungle at level 4 and do anything. Though i think that was also the idea. They thought lvl 4 ganks were too early.
Really? I seem to have an easy time getting to level 4 and still being healthy enough to gank on all my junglers.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

By the way, leashes aren't gone. They're just different. The jungle monster attacks the closest champion--this makes leashing more consistent. What the mid (or whoever is leashing) needs to do it help damage the monster with plenty of auto-attacks (without stealing exp) so the jungle can clear the first two camps with very high health and save smite for the second buff.

ChiSqrd

12-23-2012

Skarner was my main jungler and he was severely weakened in season 3 jungle. Basically, the AOE champs have slower clear times now and starting boots and 3x pots is not viable anymore. Level two ganks are now super risky because if you don't get a kill or assist fall behind a lot more than you used too.

Season 3 jungle is supposed to be easier for non-AOE champs but junglers like shen, rammus, and naut have been made unviable. Also, Junglers are now heavily punished for camping lanes or a failed gank. And the removal of Heart of Gold doesn't help either.

ChiSqrd

12-23-2012

Oh yeah, and my jungle play style has been completely ruined in the season 3 jungle. I used to level 2 gank with Lee Sin like every game and now that is a lot riskier. And with other champs like Skarner who used to be my main. I would spend more time camping lanes, ganking, or counter jungling after my initial clear to level 4. I played an aggressive style and probably got more exp from ganks and leeching exp of lanes than the jungle. Now, I actually have to go back in my jungle to not fall behind in exp or gold with the removal of Heart of Gold. It makes it a lot harder to counter gank because I can't spend too much time waiting in the brush or you quickly fall behind in level. Whats also dumb is that I can't start boots and 3x pots anymore, or regrowth pendant, or vamp scepter. Instead, the only thing you see people start now is either cloth 5x pots, or machete 5x pots. That's obviously more options and variety.

WujuStyle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoe View Post
Well they made the point that AOE wouldn't be the most important thing for jungling anymore. However without leashes and the stronger jungle buffs it really limits the ability of junglers to have a good clear time.

I haven't found any champion that can come out of the jungle at level 4 and do anything. Though i think that was also the idea. They thought lvl 4 ganks were too early.
Well..
Lee Sin, Elise, Warwick, Fiddlesticks....
someone who have sustain.