1063 Elo with 55,2% win ratio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cochitos

12-23-2012

Can anyone explain why my Elo is that bad? Never gone afk, never left a game. I have 69 wins and 56 losses. Ratio is 55,2%, but my ELO is 1063. Positive Kill ratio too.

Amatzikahni

12-23-2012

There are a lot of factors that go into Elo gains/losses. Not every game is 12. The earlier games have more weight, so if you started off the season with a bad streak, you probably got many -40 games and lately you've only gotten a couple more +12 games which would cause a lower Elo. Also, depending on the rating of your allies and enemies, the Elo changes may be different (when duo queuing with a friend, I was only gaining +3 per match and -6 per match and some people on my team complained about it).

SweeneyTodd69

12-23-2012

Well this is due to the placement matches. In the ELO system your first 100 games (generally) are weighted. You might have noticed in your first 10 games that you were gaining or losing around 40 ELO a game. These placement matches determine what ELO you will start at. It is completely possible to do poorly in your placement matches and have such a nice win percentage. Take for example Dyrus season 1, he had a 53.2% win rate but was one of the top 50 players. This was due to excellent performance during his placement matches. Winning your first 16 or so games starting at 1200 ELO will place you around 1800 ELO. So of course this can work in the opposite direction and force you down very quickly if you go on an early losing streak.

Cochitos

12-23-2012

Thank you guys for your explanations.

I want to add this extra information, according what SweeneyTodd69 explained. The first 10 games i was unraked. When i was finally ranked with a 5/5 win/loss record, my ELO was arround 1000. Then lost 2 games and droped to 900. After that games gave me no more than 14 ELO each game, sometimes 11.

All my games were solo.

BustInAButt

12-23-2012

Same reason im 80-59, 5/3.9/10 and 1245 elo

Teeheeheeheeheeheeheehee, i was 1093 not too long ago..

acosn

12-23-2012

Because the game is designed to keep you playing.

Your first 10 losses are worth multiples of what your 100th loss is worth.

It's a backward system that's really only there because god forbid everyone start with an ELO distribution within 200 rating of 1200. That, and the idea that, by odds, you really only reach your "fair" ELO after 100+ games.

So it fixes a problem by making another one. If you were like me and had 3 of your five placement matches paired with someone who quit or simply never showed up to the game, and had your mathematically probable "got ****ed over by ****ty teammate" game, you were then put in an ELO that, by design, you weren't supposed to be in, and are then asked to play far above and beyond what anyone should reasonably be expected to do to climb out of said ELO. I mean, at least games like DOTA2 don't completely throw you under the bus when someone doesn't join the game, and favor the idea that one person can carry four teammates much better than League does.

Hasu Support

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
by design, you weren't supposed to be in, and are then asked to play far above and beyond what anyone should reasonably be expected to do to climb out of said ELO. I mean, at least games like DOTA2 don't completely throw you under the bus when someone doesn't join the game, and favor the idea that one person can carry four teammates much better than League does.
Oh no you have to play more of a game. Why play a game If its not a game you want to play? If you are upset about having to play more games of LoL then you might want to rethink the first question.