Nidalee on ARAM.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandboi

Junior Member

05-24-2013

It's broken OP. You can dodge a spear, but get chunked for almost all of your hp 2 seconds later. She heals half of everyone's hp, and her traps do about 300 damage. (this is with a 700ap nidalee). Now you're thinking "OH BUT SHE HAS 700 AP, NO **** SHE'LL DO DAMAGE!" and I agree. But after dying to a spear, I noticed she literally did 1200 damage with a single spear. TWELVE. HUNDRED. That leaves me at about 700hp, and that isn't fair. She needs serious map-specific nerfs now, RIOT PLS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisterKaras

Senior Member

05-24-2013

Glass cannon op on HA, I mean that why every time you get a team with no melee NO ONE BUILDS TANKY AND YOU LOSE AT 15 MINS.

Learn to build resistances noob, nid is not near god teir considering theres about 5 other champs with the same kind of poke, but is AOE, like varus, who can fire his poke, then snare your team, then drop a max HP% based burst, and get out with no damage, or xerath who can drop AOE nid spears ever 3 seconds with more range due to his W. Or jayce, who has a 10 second cooldown AOE nid spear from the start of the game.

Nid is not the problem, bad players are


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FluffyNeko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-24-2013

Jayce is scarier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndlessHelix

Senior Member

05-25-2013

Nidalee gets pretty screwed over by shields, sustain, vision control, hard engage, and pushing hard. She's not bad on the map, but nothing to get worked up about. Sona, Heimer, a skilled Alistar, or a skilled Janna is. There's a lot less counter play against those champions than there is against Nidalee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBeetle

Senior Member

05-25-2013

Played Varus first few times this week when free, dominated with at least 10-20 kills each time, wow he's OP, way beyond Nidalee OP.
His auto attack is actually useful in a teamfight and he brings CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndlessHelix

Senior Member

05-25-2013

Yeah, he's pretty strong on this map. His ult and his healing debuff are both really useful. He's the second strongest AD carry on the map, IMO. Caitlyn is a safer pick, has more utilitarian area control, and scales harder and faster- starting Zeal/pots into IE is just ridiculously strong on her. Boots/Scepter is good too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zezune

Senior Member

05-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandboi View Post
It's broken OP. You can dodge a spear, but get chunked for almost all of your hp 2 seconds later. She heals half of everyone's hp, and her traps do about 300 damage. (this is with a 700ap nidalee). Now you're thinking "OH BUT SHE HAS 700 AP, NO **** SHE'LL DO DAMAGE!" and I agree. But after dying to a spear, I noticed she literally did 1200 damage with a single spear. TWELVE. HUNDRED. That leaves me at about 700hp, and that isn't fair. She needs serious map-specific nerfs now, RIOT PLS.
Man...if only riot gave us items that reduce AP damage.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahses

Senior Member

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKaras View Post
Glass cannon op on HA, I mean that why every time you get a team with no melee NO ONE BUILDS TANKY AND YOU LOSE AT 15 MINS.

Learn to build resistances noob, nid is not near god teir considering theres about 5 other champs with the same kind of poke, but is AOE, like varus, who can fire his poke, then snare your team, then drop a max HP% based burst, and get out with no damage, or xerath who can drop AOE nid spears ever 3 seconds with more range due to his W. Or jayce, who has a 10 second cooldown AOE nid spear from the start of the game.

Nid is not the problem, bad players are
Nidalee's spears do so much damage that unless you're rocking 200 mr she's still going to do 500-1200 damage per spear to you. A single hit is all it takes to demolish your hp and two is usually enough to ensure you're not going anywhere near an enemy. She then is extremely hard to pin down and has a heal she can drop to help sustain against counter poke. In addition her traps give her bush awareness, deal damage and reduce MR by an enormous amount which with the mandatory void staff means you're going to be taking almost 100% of the damage from each and every spear.

Varus is ridiculously OP too make no mistake but this thread is about Nidalee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndlessHelix

Senior Member

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahses View Post
Nidalee's spears do so much damage that unless you're rocking 200 mr she's still going to do 500-1200 damage per spear to you. A single hit is all it takes to demolish your hp and two is usually enough to ensure you're not going anywhere near an enemy. She then is extremely hard to pin down and has a heal she can drop to help sustain against counter poke. In addition her traps give her bush awareness, deal damage and reduce MR by an enormous amount which with the mandatory void staff means you're going to be taking almost 100% of the damage from each and every spear.

Varus is ridiculously OP too make no mistake but this thread is about Nidalee.
Uh... Okay, look, the trick to beating Nidalee is to push the wave hard enough to force her into a bad position. She has no way to clear waves by herself until she hits 6. If she's got good waveclear on her team, engage on her while they're busy clearing the wave, push her out of the bushes. Get in her face wherever possible without giving up good positioning. Keep vision of her whenever possible, and you've won 2/3's of the battle against her.

If you're having problems dodging her spears, because you're up against a super-pro Nidalee who can consistently pull off the invisible spear trick, buy Banshee's Veil and/or Twin Shadows. If Nidalee cannot get to the brush, you can see the spears, the cast animation, and dodge them fairly easily- even the invisible ones. Nidalee is not unbeatable by any means, and her strongest mechanic is by far her low cool down heal and her leap. The spears are more annoying than a giant threat, once you get the hang of how they move.

Varus is very good, but not unbeatable. He is one of the top 3 ADC's on the map- along with Caitlyn and Miss Fortune. They've each got specific comps they work best in, but they all work well enough in a wide variety of teams. Again, hard engage is good against him- he has no escapes and his only counter engage is his ult. Pre-6 or with his Ult down, he's a sitting duck. His Ult is extremely easy to whiff, so punish him whenever he doesn't land it.

Silences, Stuns, and Taunts wreck his ability to mitigate his weaknesses. Assuming he builds BotRK, which he should in 99% of games, he'll be able to kite a single diver. Gang up on him and separate him from his team, and you've got it made. Easier said than done, but it is doable for quite a lot of comps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edryad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

05-26-2013

Why don't you just dodge the spears? Complaining that her spears hurt is like complaining that you get focused when Blitzcrank rocket grabs you. Should we nerf every champ that has something about them that's stronger than normal? They're called counter-tactics. Learn them


123