Tribunal Biased?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arientus

12-22-2012

I know the tribunal is there and for good reason. But I just think it's a bit biased. A lot of players get reported for bad reasons or for no reason at all, and because it's so biased they get punished.

Ex: other team is playing with low morality and just really cheap and mean tactics and chews them out for it. EG, reported for verbal abuse. There is no game footage to show that they were doing that.

The defendant also has no chance to defend himself, making it unfair already.

If you could make some change it'd be nice.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

Posting this in the wrong place.

Draikk

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arientus View Post
I know the tribunal is there and for good reason. But I just think it's a bit biased. A lot of players get reported for bad reasons or for no reason at all, and because it's so biased they get punished.

Ex: other team is playing with low morality and just really cheap and mean tactics and chews them out for it. EG, reported for verbal abuse. There is no game footage to show that they were doing that.

The defendant also has no chance to defend himself, making it unfair already.

If you could make some change it'd be nice.
I honestly don't feel there is much of a need for the defendant to speak up, as the chatlogs are irrefutable. If there is nothing wrong with the chatlogs and there is no obvious feeding with trollbuild going on, I hit pardon, it's simple as that.

Cloudpost

12-23-2012

Cheap and mean tactics? The goal is to win, there is no such thing as a "cheap tactic". Anything is fair. You should do whatever allows your team to win.

MicKretz

12-23-2012

OFFTOPIC:

The only cheap tactics i hate in LoL (yes i believe in ONE) is when you have 2 afk's and its 3 vs 5 and you tell the other team you ARE going to surrender at 20 mins, so you just play and have FUN doing some 1 vs 1s for FUN and some dude from the 5 player teams comes and makes it a 2 vs 1. As if ganking in this spot really makes you TOUGH....just makes you Cheap with no CLASS if you ask me

But it has nothing to do with this topic, just wanted a place to post his mhuahuahahh

swymaboi

12-23-2012

Wrong forum

but to answer, tribunal does what it does and does it well.

I too would like to see more evidence when I review tribunal cases, but until then, there is only one simple solution to your example:

Learn to control your emotions and learn how to deal with losing. I'm not saying this to you but to all the ragers out there.

In your example, you're saying that the rage is induced by the other team. Well firstly, this is a game, cheese strategies are still strategies and it's not CHEAP. Secondly, we are in control of our own emotions, if you can't control them and focus on winning and teamwork, then it's your fault, not the other teams. Lastly, tribunal only reviews text and score. If you don't say anything even if you're mad, when people review the case they have nothing to go buy. Most people will skip or pardon in those cases.

You're right about the defendant not being able to defend themselve, but the other side of the coin is that you can defend yourself in game to avoid heading to the tribunal. Someone argues with a troll, or troll/rage with other people, well then maybe they deserve to be in tribunal.

it's not hard to avoid heading to the tribunal. it's just that most gamers don't have the skill sets and knowledge in how to handle thier emotions. These are things you learn from real life experience and organized sports.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself ~ Alan Garner from Hangover

Arientus

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swymaboi View Post
Wrong forum

but to answer, tribunal does what it does and does it well.

I too would like to see more evidence when I review tribunal cases, but until then, there is only one simple solution to your example:

Learn to control your emotions and learn how to deal with losing. I'm not saying this to you but to all the ragers out there.

In your example, you're saying that the rage is induced by the other team. Well firstly, this is a game, cheese strategies are still strategies and it's not CHEAP. Secondly, we are in control of our own emotions, if you can't control them and focus on winning and teamwork, then it's your fault, not the other teams. Lastly, tribunal only reviews text and score. If you don't say anything even if you're mad, when people review the case they have nothing to go buy. Most people will skip or pardon in those cases.

You're right about the defendant not being able to defend themselve, but the other side of the coin is that you can defend yourself in game to avoid heading to the tribunal. Someone argues with a troll, or troll/rage with other people, well then maybe they deserve to be in tribunal.

it's not hard to avoid heading to the tribunal. it's just that most gamers don't have the skill sets and knowledge in how to handle thier emotions. These are things you learn from real life experience and organized sports.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself ~ Alan Garner from Hangover
I'm not saying it's the only example nor did it happen to me, just one of the most common examples of someone his is more innocent

daily llama

12-23-2012

do you even know what biased means? lmao

taco leet speek

12-25-2012

its a witch hunt

Fargo79

12-25-2012

similar to the way u can check yer Tribunal stats.. i would love to see something where you can check your profile for main reasons you have been reported... this may help people realize trends for specific behaviour problems.. like who they were playing with, What time of day or night (playing tired can cause mistakes and stuff).. personally im a pretty clean player.. i dont trash talk much at all... and try to discourage teammates from doing cause 1. shows no class.. and 2. dont need to give the other team more reason to try harder and possibly turn it around and win...

as far as tribunal being biasd i dont think so.. sure some virdicts have that i have voted on went the other way... but all in all its still is better then all these files pilling up in a Riot inbox some where and taking them forever to rule on each case 1 by 1...