Using an item's active & dropping items to make room

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DryZatara

10-15-2010

Hi, a brand new player here. I come from DotA.

I'm wasn't able to find any information in the stickies about which keyboard shortcut allows me to activate the item's active skills. What is the default keyboard shortcut?

I'm also having difficulty finding out if I can put an item down from my inventory slot to the ground. I did this a lot in DotA to make room to build a large recipe. Is it not possible in LoL?

Does this mean that a careful item build needs to be considered so that you don't paint yourself into a corner late game?

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Items are activated with keys 1-6. You may change those in settings.

You can't drop items, but you don't really need to. If you have all slots full and a component, with enough gold it is upgraded directly to the end recepie. You don't need to have slots for the other components if you have the gold to buy them + the recepie.

WeAreLegion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Numbers 1-6 correspond with item slots.

You currently can't drop or trade items, but you can save up your money and buy your big items all at once, without having to buy the individual items.

The Gnomeblaster

10-15-2010

Hey, Check out our website and post your favoride videos, builds, and ask questions that you have. It's free to sign up. Help make this website a success: http://www.freewebs.com/bnforrest/