TT Esports potential

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DD Tootulz

12-22-2012

Hello summoners!

I'm brand new to the TT forums as I just recently switched my mode of choice from Dominion to the new TT. I just want some feedback on what people think the future of TT could be. Do you think that this mode has the potential to break into the Esports scene? Why or why not?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

scazzaf

12-22-2012

It has huge potential, the map focus is very concentrated and easy to follow and hosts far more frequent action than SR. Hardly anyone runs tournaments though, but with more tournament comes more people interested in the game mode.

I think for it to become respected as an esports map, riot needs to shell out a prize pool enough to shake up some attention. SR gets millions of dollars thrown at its players, TT gets zero. Serious players go where there is serious money to be made.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Tootulz View Post
Hello summoners!

I'm brand new to the TT forums as I just recently switched my mode of choice from Dominion to the new TT. I just want some feedback on what people think the future of TT could be. Do you think that this mode has the potential to break into the Esports scene? Why or why not?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
I think this map has some serious ESport potential. As the guy above me says, this map is so hectically awesome and has a more active style of gameplay

Eloquid

12-23-2012

But games on TT map can also prove to last as long or longer as SR games, as opposed to Dominion.

DD Tootulz

12-23-2012

I see the potential in TT as well. I believe in most things that are said here, I even think that with the right support from RIOT Dominion could shine in Esports. Both of these modes offer quicker and more frequent battles (which is most peoples favourite part of LoL!)

"Serious players go where there is serious money to be made." - I agree with this 100%, with the right investment RIOT could have 3 different modes that will dominate PC Esports.

PurpleURP

12-23-2012

This map has had great competitive e-sports potential since they made the first jungle changes on the old map, and it still does with the new map switch. However, I strongly believe that no one will take this map seriously in a competitive e-sports environment with the altars. When it comes down to it they are just to gimmicky. The altars quite simply take away from the legitimacy of the game type. Until the altars are gone, I don't expect any serious TT e-sports.

Ashen Paige

12-23-2012

the altars are NOT gimmicky. the altars represent a secondary objective that you can either choose to avoid (sometimes at your own peril) or respond to with either aggression or defense. but either way, it definitely brings something to the game that just adding some smaller monster wouldnt have. with the new map, skirmishes could happen at just about any time or not at all depending on your team comp but after the first few minutes there will definitely be some heavily conetested areas of the map.

the reason this map deserves all the esports recognition it can get is because there is so much going right at the start as opposed to SR. in the first 5 minutes your already in the thick of it trying to stomp out your lane versus another hungry competitor and you can NEVER be sure that one of his buddies will come and get you too.

im hopeful Riot will bring this map to esports instead of just throwing all of the money at SR. i mean, whats the point of having all of these modes if your not even really supporting them at the tournament (small or big) level? put your money where your mouth is Riot!

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by scazzaf View Post
Hardly anyone runs tournaments though, but with more tournament comes more people interested in the game mode.
DominateTT will be holding weekly tournament soon.

moneypouch

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
DominateTT will be holding weekly tournament soon.
Who? How? Where?

WashedLaundry

12-24-2012

I'm down for weekly tournaments if that's what it takes. Getting anything started, no matter how small, is still getting the ball rolling.