[Suggestion] One-time character re-roll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadyAzalea

01-06-2013

After watching my boyfriend go through about 10 starts of an ARAM (because so many people bailed) before finally actually playing one, I thought of a random idea that could potentially prevent less leavers...

What if there was a one-time re-roll, persay, of your randomed character?

Ex. You are randomed with Skarner, who you don't find a good character in ARAM's. Instead of bailing, you use your one "re-roll" for a chance at a better character.

Both a positive and a negative: Could entirely alter a team comp (if everyone uses their re-roll and chooses a different character).

Restriction to consider?: Disallow both a trade and a re-roll per player, (autolock your character if you use your re-roll; disable re-roll if you have traded a character)

Just an idea, please add some constructive feedback with your down/upvotes.

Filthy Meadows

01-06-2013

not gonna downvote but this takes some of the genuine stuff out of aram...

people are just as likely to dodge from a bad reroll than a bad first roll

Ralfazar

01-07-2013

They NEED to remove the QUIT button for ARAMs and ARAMs only if it were possible that way those losers that can't handle RANDOM champion choice have to restart their client, I know I won't feel bad when they do.

innervation

01-07-2013

I would be ok with this if there is both matchmaking queues, and full champ pool available to all players, and you had to choose between trading and rerolling. With those conditions, I think it's a fine idea.

KaXaSA51

01-07-2013

it's a good idea some people already suggested it before but the game still need matchmaking queues because even if they implement that, people will still dodge if they reroll and get a champ they don't want to play.

LadyAzalea

01-10-2013

I initially thought to add a restriction that would also ban you from leaving if you chose to use your roll... but then I assumed that people would just troll at that point instead of trying.

I also believe a matchmaking queue would be helpful and feel like leavers should suffer from time bans, as well as that they should just be forced to play no matter who they are given because that's the nature of an ARAM.

I still think even with a re-roll it keeps things pretty randomized unless you have an extremely low character count or access to the entire character pool as suggested above. I'm personally against the "all characters" thing since I'm a lower level 30 and haven't played all the characters yet and it makes an ARAM even more frustrating for me when stuck with an unknown character; I do however understand how that's part of the game, so I'd be OK if that was the majority preference and would just avoid ARAM's more that I already do.

I honestly don't know whether I'd prefer to see that character "banned" from your re-roll, or allow them to show up again. With that said...Since it's not decided, whose to say they couldn't end up getting the same character again? While that would suck, I do believe would keep the "random" integrity of ARAM's.