Is vi overpowered, or is she balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomeCallMeEd

12-23-2012

She's fine. She has a "Jax" feel to her, powerful and can make a comeback, but not exactly OP.

Only had the opportunity to test her against a few champs though top lane, Jax and Darius mostly and she holds her own against em from what I see.

MicKretz

12-23-2012

only thing i HATE about her is that she can dive over terrain (trees etc.) but idk if that makes her OP, cuz others can too. I do know that if she targets the ADC in a team fight she can do so from a huge distance away making the ADC play as FAR back as they possibly can.

I am curious to see if they nerf her.....ofc i wouldnt mind a nerf....but thats just my wants, not necessarily OP lolz

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

Her ultimate works kind of like Garen's, or at least how his used to, in terms of range and targeting. So say if Ezreal is just at the edge of her ultimate range, she casts it, then he uses his flash ability and his Flash summoner spell to get really far away, she'll still get him because she started casting it when he was in range.

She may get some tweaks, but honestly, I feel like she was introduced for two reasons. First, to take some of the value of Armor stacking (because she's just going to shred it), and second to take some of the power away from ADC champions who pretty much rule end game right now.

Current meta has a really passive "farm and make it to end game" bottom lane with ADC/support. Vi, I feel like, was designed to disrupt that because she can be so good at getting to and destroying the ADC.

Lemme play mid

06-05-2013

Well, Vi is very strong in the right hands, but not very OP. The thing people NEVER seem to notice is that which champions are good depends on the current meta. Right now, everyone is about stacking tons and tons of health. So the way to counter this? Percentage of max health abilities! I've noticed this for a long long while. I've been playing Vayne as my main ADC for about a year now. When I noticed "Hey, every third shot I do 7% (I think it is, can't remember) of their maximum health. With everyone stacking health it'll be extremely effective!". So that's who I played Vayne for so long, cause it was easier to dominate everyone with. And my theory worked wonders. In the present, people finally caught on when In LCS Vayne was almost always chosen or banned. People thought "Why ban Vayne, she's super underplayed? I guess I'll check what makes her effective. Oh her she counters the current meta almost perfectly? I should play her!". This is why Vayne is so incredibly popular at the moment, people fogured out she counters what everyone does. Same with Zed, the passive 8% of max health, and you guessed it... Vi, with passive percentage of maximum health. How the meta is right now makes the champions good or bad, so choose the ones that counter the meta, ie why I play Vayne Zed and Vi so much.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

06-05-2013

So, this thread is 6 months old.

Whether or not she was OP then and whether or not she's OP now are two 100% entirely different conversations. Several nerfs and buffs and item changes have happened in the meantime, some of them very directly to Vi.

laxjoh

06-05-2013

Vi is pretty strong. She's not UP. If she catches you with her Q, AA, E combo in a split second, you're pretty much screwed without your teammates. Her ult and her armor penetration proc is what makes her OP though.

DancerofWar

06-05-2013

I think she is balanced. I play her the most of all the champs and she performs best when your build is based on what your up against and build some health to help the shield from E.

To me she is the funnest champ riot has made in a long time, regardless of getting beat or slaughtering.