Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celenphor

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa riel View Post
you realize of course that in your example both of them would have called mid. So by your logic either is likely to know what they are doing. Getting counter picked would happen a lot less if people agreed that pick order is more important than calling roles, because people would be more likely to seek out champion swaps rather than trying to settle who is playing where.

this!

Lavitztyr

12-26-2012

i want a more severe dodge penalty when dodging last 30 seconds

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

When I don't get the lane that I want (AP mid), I just switch my runes and masteries to support and pick a support champ...never have to fight over that roll.

FruityExplosion

12-26-2012

Another effect people fail to realize is that if people who care about winning are queue dodging because of troll picks/masteries, matchmaking becomes saturated with trolls. The tryhards dodge and take a time penalty, the trolls re queue. The higher saturation of trolls in matchmaking makes it even more likely that a person who wants to play for real will be forced to dodge, making this troll cancer a self sustaining poison.

EnronTheGreat

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoris View Post
I'll take calling over picks any day.

Just because you want to play mid, and happen to be first pick, doesn't mean I wanna lose because you get hard countered to hell, or do not know very much about mid, and just want to play it. I would prefer a second to last pick who calls mid because he knows what he is doing, and happens to want to win. ESPECIALLY in ranked.

Communication is key in League, as it is a team game, not a Rated E game of babies who fight over who gets the best toy based on who is first.
Um call order does not win either in that circumstance, it would be whomever typed faster. Much better right? (No)

GoForkUrself

12-27-2012

Call order is stupid because some people like me load faster. My gaming comp and 17ms ping (live less than an hour from Riot HQ) allow me to load into every game first. That means I can get my choice every game. Likewise some people load slower. I think the current system of communication works best. I typically call my position, but am friendly to people who want the position as well and if they have the right attitude and are willing to listen to counterpick suggestions, then I'll give them the position. This gets the match started with a positive feeling that can snowball into a win. Pick order is also stupid because the most desired positions get picked first when they should pick last.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Just got back in from vacation. Will hope to revive this thread and draw some red attention

noiradle3

12-31-2012

Profit, money, laziness, money

or why Riot won't take a stance.

dev1lb3ast

12-31-2012

Bump...they built pick order into the game, I don't see why they cant officially stand behind it. It should Cycle whos first/lastpick on its own so its done fairly.

Sssnakepit

12-31-2012

What if Riot implemented something where you could choose the role you want to play before going into solo queue. Then, you could go into queue where the other four summoners have selected their roles, and there's no need to call your position, you've already queued with your role predetermined. Everyone happy?