Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidLlama1 View Post
Honestly, I think you've ignored one pretty important consequence--the effect on how long it takes to start a game. Even with a 30 minute penalty, it can sometimes take up to 20-30 minutes to begin a game due to repeated drops, and especially drops after going through the entire pick/ban process. If people can drop if they don't like the team comps, if they don't get their favorite role, or because their team isn't skilled, and if they're not getting punished in any ways, or only being punished minimally, I think the time it takes to get a game could begin to average 20-30 minutes. I do think there's a problem, but eliminating que dodge penalties isn't the solution.

I don't really want to eliminate the penalty, i just don't think dodging should be a bannable offense.

MonkOfDarkness

12-24-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2936975

Personally i think Riot has to deal with the 3 yr olds that decide to pick **** champions for team comps, so queue dodging is quite nessary.

after all life is chance, and you wont get given the good team comps every game, so Dodge, and only play the ones that are decent... you will have better win rates Guarenteed, cause you avoid the idiots who feed by checking their LoL king account, by how many games they played, etc... previous season scores etc

Que dodging is what allows Decent players to succeed just as much as those Super good who can carry their way outta anything

Krael

12-24-2012

Why not have the ability to vote in lobby, just as they have implemented in the game to surrender, where a 4/5 vote will force the trolls to be kicked from the game. That way if the players who are cooperating realize that a player is toxic, they can avoid the game of chicken and deal with the problem. Yes this might mean players will be re-queued but after time the "trolls" would hopefully learn that they can not just bully the other players into dodging for them until they find a game where the players will comply to their selfish wishes.
Yes, I understand that in Normal SR games where you have a team of four friends they could possibly abuse this system if the odd man out does not do as they wish but it's a small price to pay and the majority of the trolling is in ranked where it is impossible to queue with more than one other summoner. They have "trusted" us enough to take fate into our own hands for surrendering games when we unanimously agree the game has come to a logical end, why not give us the power to fix this problem ourselves
~krael

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krael View Post
Why not have the ability to vote in lobby, just as they have implemented in the game to surrender, where a 4/5 vote will force the trolls to be kicked from the game. That way if the players who are cooperating realize that a player is toxic, they can avoid the game of chicken and deal with the problem. Yes this might mean players will be re-queued but after time the "trolls" would hopefully learn that they can not just bully the other players into dodging for them until they find a game where the players will comply to their selfish wishes.
Yes, I understand that in Normal SR games where you have a team of four friends they could possibly abuse this system if the odd man out does not do as they wish but it's a small price to pay and the majority of the trolling is in ranked where it is impossible to queue with more than one other summoner. They have "trusted" us enough to take fate into our own hands for surrendering games when we unanimously agree the game has come to a logical end, why not give us the power to fix this problem ourselves
~krael
we talked about this a lot on lyte's thread about problems with solo queue, mid way through season 2. I don't remember exactly what his comment was on the idea though.

scrimbul

12-24-2012

upvote for OP, I don't agree with queue dodging but the rest warrants serious consideration

Goodguy Hopper

12-24-2012

Good morning league forums. Please keep this going till we draw some attention from a red.

TheHawtPotato

12-24-2012

Hate those leavers in ranked. Have to go though 10 minutes of queue..

Lex Domino

12-24-2012

Last picks always try to demand the most sought after roles and claim everyone else are the ones being selfish.

GodEmperorLetoII

12-24-2012

I've been thinking, why not create a search system where you put in a list of champions you feel like playing and then a list of champions you'd like to play with. Then match people up on such searches. I wonder if that'd make searches take too long though. Also I wonder if that'd solve the call bs. Obviously if you don't care who you play as or with then you'd just put nothing. Granted this would be quite the search algorithm to create and it'd require some new GUI things as well as the system as a whole so it's no simple task, but could be beneficial to LoL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Domino View Post
Last picks always try to demand the most sought after roles and claim everyone else are the ones being selfish.
In fairness, if there was proper team work, you'd want the last two picks to pick mid and top. That way you're less likely counter picked. The problem is that if someone before wants to play as them, then they should be nice and trade with them. Most people aren't nice :\ it's a result of the "me me me" selfish society we have. Brought to you by the baby boomers.

KommunistKevin

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
I've been thinking, why not create a search system where you put in a list of champions you feel like playing and then a list of champions you'd like to play with. Then match people up on such searches. I wonder if that'd make searches take too long though. Also I wonder if that'd solve the call bs. Obviously if you don't care who you play as or with then you'd just put nothing. Granted this would be quite the search algorithm to create and it'd require some new GUI things as well as the system as a whole so it's no simple task, but could be beneficial to LoL.
This would be locking in the Meta even worse, everybody will only want perceived OP team comps like Darius top, Katarina mid, Amumu jungle (not saying any of these champs are OP not gonna derail this thread)

Quote:
In fairness, if there was proper team work, you'd want the last two picks to pick mid and top. That way you're less likely counter picked. The problem is that if someone before wants to play as them, then they should be nice and trade with them. Most people aren't nice :\ it's a result of the "me me me" selfish society we have. Brought to you by the baby boomers.
The problem is ELO difference, top and mid are often the most difficult roles to play and have a disproportionate impact on the game, because both these lanes are extremely snowbally due to the high rate of gaining exp and gold.

From my experience sending the last pick top is most of the time a bad idea, because oftentimes theres a significant elo difference between the last pick and first pick, Trading doesn't work because there are too many 6300 champs so many players are falling behind, champs come out faster than people can grind IP to get them. By the time you grind 6300 IP to buy a champ, 3 champs have already came out. Most of the time if you are first or second pick its much better to just grab these roles and carry your team..

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Draft_Pick

In ranked draft, the player with the highest Elo will be selected as captain, and the order of the team will go from highest to lowest Elo. Banned champions cannot be selected for use on either team, so choose wisely!