Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANDALFSINGEDX View Post
if someone calls a role in draft or ranked and they're picking after me, I take it even if I didn't want to play it. If they say, "please" or make it a suggestion, I don't. But whenever last pick says, "going top" or, "I'm top" or just, "top" I will lock in Singed like nobody's business.

**** that guy
I understand where you are coming from bud, but seriously things shouldn't be that way.

Out of curiosity could you estimate how often that leads to a queue dodge because the dude locks in a top anyways?

NeoLlama

12-23-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=fable

i wrote this on the subject a while back.

I think your views are a little absurd on dodging. Fixing something that ruins the game by okaying something else that ruins the game is not the way to go.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoLlama View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=fable

i wrote this on the subject a while back.

I think your views are a little absurd on dodging. Fixing something that ruins the game by okaying something else that ruins the game is not the way to go.

I don't think that adding the ability to report who you dodged because of would ruin the game, but beyond that it looks like we agree there is a problem with champion select in solo queue.

LittIeDi

12-23-2012

Concise version: the OP has fat fingers and can't type "mid" fast enough to call it first, so he's whining about it on the forums.

Bergtau

12-23-2012

I'm not sure if you mentioned this but they should pick a stance simply because it would make one person right and one person wrong all of the time. People get into big arguments about pick order because everybody can be right and wrong all at once.

Grand Pryce

12-23-2012

Bumping this Because I care and I believe having 5 random people in such a matter is begging for a toxic enviornment to begin with.

I would suggest adding a matchmaker for specific roles you would like to play this would atleast narrow the overlapping roles of people wanting to do a certain role. There is a few limitation to this but this SHOULD do more good than harm. If you like this idea please expand on it and put it on the original post. I dont want to take any more complicated it's just a rough idea that I believe would add some organization to soloque.

habahnow

12-23-2012

i agree that riot should choose a side. As of now, people get into huge arguments in champion select just because they do not agree on whether to choose champions based on who calls the position first or order. The way i see it, players are already asking riot for an official rule but they are not providing it and causing problems in the process.

think back to the arguments you have had in champion select. If riot had chosen a side, do you think that the number of arguments would have decreased or increased?

ThoseAboutToRock

12-23-2012

I think the premise of the argument, based on Riot's stance, is a bit faulty. Their actual stance can be seen in the Summoner's Code (in which they encourage later picks to fill spots).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code

-> Support your team, 2nd paragraph

"If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled."

Yosh

12-23-2012

Why does he have negative votes? She brings up some fair points. I don't like having to wait an hour to play because two queues decided to troll pick.

luciferga

12-23-2012

I don't see why they don't just remove the dodge penalty all together. I personally call lanes, but do so according to what makes sense in my position. I don't do it because I only want to play that role, but rather I am trying to avoid having the 4th game with a first pick ahri mid that gets countered and whines about it when the game starts. Any ways back to the point, if you don't penalize dodges that means when you get game going everyone was content with how it i went in queue and you are guaranteed to have a good moral to the game. I understand that how queues are made will also have to change some though because making 10 people happy is hard.