Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m0rphine blu

02-07-2013

people get carried to higher ratings, its not just their skill level. in this instance, pick order does not always mean better skill of the ones picking 1 or 2

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffenSeven View Post
I think it has a lot more to do with the type of champion that's "set" in role. When you top, you're supposed to be a bruiser and not everyone wants to play that. If you choose not to follow that meta, you get raged at. Happened to me last night where I wasn't last pick, but the only role that wasn't called was top, so I went top vs a Garen. I was raged at by someone else because I decided to go Lux vs Garen. I got the only kill in that lane between the both of us and held my own. Had I followed the meta and picked a bruiser, it probably would have been a lot different.

I don't think it's pick order vs calling lanes you should be mad at. It's the whole idea of the meta that if you're in a role, you have to play a certain type of champion. While I agree not every champion are built to play certain roles, most are versatile, but people have this idea that they're not.
i agree with that. i for example like to play ads in mid often or strange junglers like nasus. i also get raged at because of this a lot. but thats not the problem as long as you can help your team in game then.

the problem is, that in lol exists a meta. this meta is a composition of a team that is likely to win. i dont care what people do in normal games. it is sad to ruin a normal game, but it doesnt affect anything but maybe the time spent. ranked on the other hand is made for serious playing. and when i play serious, i want serious teammates. thats why i paly ranked and not blind pick.

a solo top/ mid lane or a bot lane with 2 farmers is now WAY harder to win, especially when you dont have a jungler. you fight more about farm with your teammate than against the enemy champion. lane is pushed much faster and you get ganked more easily. it is just frustrating to be forced to play games like these. and this problem could be solved easily with some of the suggestions op made

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlateEX View Post
people get carried to higher ratings, its not just their skill level. in this instance, pick order does not always mean better skill of the ones picking 1 or 2
yes, everyone who was stuck in elo hell once knows that. but still, there is an order. we need nothing more but an order. i dont care if the order is made by chance, skill, elo or whatever. i just dont want this elbow mentality anymore

Goodguy Hopper

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpf View Post
i agree with that. i for example like to play ads in mid often or strange junglers like nasus. i also get raged at because of this a lot. but thats not the problem as long as you can help your team in game then.

the problem is, that in lol exists a meta. this meta is a composition of a team that is likely to win. i dont care what people do in normal games. it is sad to ruin a normal game, but it doesnt affect anything but maybe the time spent. ranked on the other hand is made for serious playing. and when i play serious, i want serious teammates. thats why i paly ranked and not blind pick.

a solo top/ mid lane or a bot lane with 2 farmers is now WAY harder to win, especially when you dont have a jungler. you fight more about farm with your teammate than against the enemy champion. lane is pushed much faster and you get ganked more easily. it is just frustrating to be forced to play games like these. and this problem could be solved easily with some of the suggestions op made
Basically you summarized my thoughts on that post for me. Thank you it was well put.

A Dying Dream

02-09-2013

I'm tired of Riot just taking the path of least resistance on this stance. People that try to call roles over higher seeded picks are just getting more and more entitled to it.

I mute everybody on my team in every game I play now. I haven't had a match where people wanted to use the chat system to communicate and plan in hundreds of games. It's just people complaining non-stop. I don't need it and I don't need 4 random people I'm probably never going to see again telling me how I can best serve them.

Even in champion selects, I'm moving the chat to the bottom of my screen, out of vision. Nothing good comes from the chat system in this game. I'm several times happier not knowing what profanities and threats of reports are being thrown at me.

Morpf

02-15-2013

we need more upvotes

PeaceKeeper18

02-15-2013

The problem is if you dont call a lane you will still get raged at for taking a position that was called regardless of where you are in the lobby. I like my odds better if I call first and am higher up then the player who wants the role.

Goodguy Hopper

02-15-2013

Calling a lane when your higher in pick order really jsut should be stating what you intend to play.

Alumenlux

02-15-2013

dont think the "ideal" queue could be put into place without overboard stringency and enforcement of a stagnant metagame