Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaric11

01-29-2013

this thread is amazing. pls resond riot.

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming June View Post
Lol?

"You should have compromised with a whiny, "I get my way" troll because you tried to use your priority as first pick to play your preferred role."

No.
yes. its what riot says.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingPuffin View Post
This is a lame take. Ranked is competitive play, and the game starts with the picks and bans phase. No tournament lets a team decide "let's start again" if they didn't like how the picks and bans went, and ranked play shouldn't either.

If you adopt this stance, then every player looking to maximize their elo must dodge games to do so. Do you really want your official policy to be that your players should regularly spend significant amounts of time not playing your game? I think that stinks.

The first part is of course true, but you also wouldn't go into a tournament with 3-4 people you didn't know at all. Even if you did you wouldn't stake any amount of your reputation on how well the team did.

I think not playing the game stinks to, and i honestly believe that the changes I am advocating for will help reduce the number of dodges. Essentially by saying pick order > calling I am wanting them to take a small step towards socially engineering the league community. After such a stance we can start looking at changes to help get that message across towards multiple people. An example might be adding pre-game chat to tribunal, and making refusing to communicate with team a category that pregame chat could encompass.

NoobMascot

01-30-2013

Solo queue is toxic just cause of this alone.
God let us pick our role by 'ticking' the boxes that we want to play and boom everything solved.

Like if you want ot fill, you tick everything, if you want adc only, you tick adc only

SmokingPuffin

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Riel View Post
The first part is of course true, but you also wouldn't go into a tournament with 3-4 people you didn't know at all. Even if you did you wouldn't stake any amount of your reputation on how well the team did.
Either solo queue is a competitive thing, or it isn't. If it's going to be competitive, picks and bans are part of the skill of the game, you shouldn't get free do-overs when you lose the picks and bans.

If it's not competitive, why is it ranked?

Quote:
I think not playing the game stinks to, and i honestly believe that the changes I am advocating for will help reduce the number of dodges.
The changes to queue dodging you are advocating for require every player who wishes to maximize their elo to dodge on a regular basis. This is the inevitable result of making queue dodging an okay thing to do.

Quote:
Essentially by saying pick order > calling I am wanting them to take a small step towards socially engineering the league community. After such a stance we can start looking at changes to help get that message across towards multiple people. An example might be adding pre-game chat to tribunal, and making refusing to communicate with team a category that pregame chat could encompass.
I want the pre-game tribunal reporting feature. I want to be able to punish the trolls that force others to dodge, rather than those who dodge because of trolls. At the same time, I want stronger punishment for those who dodge or troll because their team got outpicked.

I don't think that ranked players need any help coming to the conclusion that pick order breaks ties, that is already the de facto standard today.

Alaric11

01-31-2013

bump for riot response.

Goodguy Hopper

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingPuffin View Post
...If it's going to be competitive, picks and bans are part of the skill of the game, you shouldn't get free do-overs when you lose the picks and bans.

The changes to queue dodging you are advocating for require every player who wishes to maximize their elo to dodge on a regular basis. This is the inevitable result of making queue dodging an okay thing to do.

I want the pre-game tribunal reporting feature. I want to be able to punish the trolls that force others to dodge, rather than those who dodge because of trolls. At the same time, I want stronger punishment for those who dodge or troll because their team got outpicked.

I don't think that ranked players need any help coming to the conclusion that pick order breaks ties, that is already the de facto standard today.

If pick order was the standard it wouldn't really be such a problem. The unfortunate truth is that it is more common for players to go ahead and pick what they wanted anyways and play chicken with the dodge timer. I understand you want to punish those people who are causing other to dodge, as well as those who dodge because their team got out picked, unfortunately you can not have it both ways. If you think that the trolling is more frustrating and should be dealt with first, which I do, then eliminating any threat of being banned for dodging is a nod of acknowledgement that this is a problem that riot recognizes and is working to solve without punishing the average player. On the other hand if you think dodge is more commonly because your team got out picked then tightening dodge penalty is a good way to start reigning in that problem. I think the majority of games where a team got "out picked" is more because there was a jerk on their team who wanted someone to dodge. I'd rather never have the threat of being banned looming over my head because someone is being an ******. I still want a time penalty I'd even be in favor of increasing it, but I do not want to see players being banned for dodging a game. I feel like that is the player's personal decision, and if they are willing to take the time penalty then they should be allowed to do so with no further repercussions.

Alaric11

02-01-2013

bump

Alaric11

02-01-2013

bump

Alaric11

02-02-2013

bump