Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am the Luxray

01-26-2013

That post was literally a short novel.

thumbnail9

01-26-2013

I think people should just learn to play new roles because you yourself are calling a role if you walk into a game with only one lane learned.

Feeding is in every game regardless of whether or not someone called the roll. Like my ranked Morgana game, I gave up top lane to play support because I was last pick. I fed our Cait bot lane while our top Irelia fed their top Xin, he got his lane peacefully and still fed everything that moved; including rengar who eventually murdered our lane. Now it is unfair to people to use "Blah or feed" as an attempt to blackmail the team into letting them play the said role. Most of a time this is a joke in my games and never directly effects anything else.

Queue dodging is the greatest thing in the world, even if you have to wait longer. I have used this to dodge 4 games that wouldn't have worked period.

It all boils down to how you react to the situation and by the looks of it, you react poorly otherwise you wouldn't be here asking for your way.

Die with Honor

01-26-2013

I had FP AND called my lane first, still had to argue with some scrub who said I "stole his lane."

Posted chat on imgur
"No way it's bugged for me."

MFW :|

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptofwar View Post
I had FP AND called my lane first, still had to argue with some scrub who said I "stole his lane."

Posted chat on imgur
"No way it's bugged for me."

MFW :|
you should have made a compromise with him

Noobgrenade

01-28-2013

I generally disagree with anything that would further cement the way the game is played.

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

k, since we still dont have no official answer i think i'll start calling my lanes. problem is i usually dont know what to play before i actually pick because i neither know the bans nor enemy picks, which i usually try to counter. so i cant call "top" i before i see what they pick. also i cant call "adc" before i see the bans, cause maybe malph or shen wont be baned and i want to play them.

so, does anyone know what to call in chat? everyone has called his lanes before i can explain myself, since most lanes only have 3 letters. i need a good short from for what i said.

something like "i will decide what to play when its my turn to pick" - "iwdwtpwimttp?

still too long.

or will i just have to make a compromise?

Goodguy Hopper

01-29-2013

Was on weekend visit to friends followed by Monday panic to get homework done. Am back and still crusading.

Bianary

01-29-2013

Just throwing this out there: One of the semi-official statements has been that you need to "compromise" and then everyone can be happy.

But there's only one top. One middle. One jungle. Etc. -- and only one game in which to make a decision, because you don't go again with the same people next game (Unless you're premading, but the call order thing shouldn't be as much of an issue there) There's no "compromise" if someone lower in the pick order calls the lane you were going to play: You either give it to them, or you take it yourself. A compromise would result in both of you having some of what you wanted, but that's simply not possible in a binary situation like LoL roles are.

(I am assuming you're playing a "standard" setup here, obviously you could compromise by say, sending two top. But that's more trying an unusual strategy than compromising on what was expected when the other guy made the call for top lane)

tl;dr: It's not a compromise to give up a lane you wanted to someone who called it, that's just giving in. There's not going to be a "next game you can have the lane after I have it this game" when solo queuing.

Flaming June

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpf View Post
you should have made a compromise with him
Lol?

"You should have compromised with a whiny, "I get my way" troll because you tried to use your priority as first pick to play your preferred role."

No.

SmokingPuffin

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Riel View Post
Rapidly assessing the comparative skill level between your team and your opponents team given limited information is in fact a highly skill intensive decision.
This is a lame take. Ranked is competitive play, and the game starts with the picks and bans phase. No tournament lets a team decide "let's start again" if they didn't like how the picks and bans went, and ranked play shouldn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Riel View Post
I look at it and think that is hardly wrong they where willing to pay a penalty of their time and effort to assure a victory, and have continued to demonstrate skill in actually winning the games they select to play, quite the opposite of wrong that is smart.
If you adopt this stance, then every player looking to maximize their elo must dodge games to do so. Do you really want your official policy to be that your players should regularly spend significant amounts of time not playing your game? I think that stinks.