Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitro View Post
Fair enough though i dont recall the exact numbers of how low and how much higher. link?

still it doesnt seem very fair to force someone into a position they cant play because no will allow them to break the meta with out instaban
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/...ay/matchmaking

You can extrapolate most of the answers you need for matchmaking from riots info.

I do not know exactly how high or low a gap exists between 1st and 5th pick, I do not think there is a high/low cap, most of the time we don't notice that there isn't a cap because there are usually other players around our rank, but you can tell that it gets awkward for the guys in the 2000's if you watch their streams. They spend a decent amount of time in queue as the search algorithm expands trying to accommodate them.

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

just had to dodge again because last pick refused to support and picked a second mid as kat.

but i guess its not his fault, cause he called it

Morpf

01-10-2013

i think im going to start pasting my pregame chats in this thread. for the lolz

VanceStubbs

01-10-2013

Yes, taking a stance, because that will help in everything.

No, really, how?
All pregames are going to be monitored? If you don't work towards the greater good, the Big Borther will smite down? Or create a system that is impossible to abuse?

What you are suggesting here is that they should do the impossible!

Goodguy Hopper

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpf View Post
i think im going to start pasting my pregame chats in this thread. for the lolz
might make a good point actually.

Send Me Lewds

01-14-2013

Good read. Too bad Riot will never take a stance.

Twolfandthelord

01-14-2013

the problem is that the support role relies on coordination and comunication with the team, a pro-level support is a entire different thing from solo queue supports, thats the reason nobody wants to play solo queue as support, its like hey you can play this role thats its all about communication and coordination with 4 random people... yeah not happening, even with the s3 changes supports are supports and unless you stomp with some gimmicky supports like fiddlesticks, your job is always going to be protect the carry and try to die first in a teamfight.

Omg a bunny

01-14-2013

I was in a ranked game before, where the last pick really, really, really, really did not want to support. I was 4th pick, so the last pick and I picked at the same time. Last pick decided to support with Nidalee...okay no problem so far.

We get into lane, and this ******bag has bought a doran's ring and says, "I'm Nidalee, I don't need to ward" and proceeds to trap the MIDDLE of the lane. He uses all his abilities on the minions and auto attacks, with no regard for last hitting. Mid is pushed to MF's tower 24/7, and we have zero wards on map. Jungler and mid start camping us HARD (I'm talking about 4-man ganks literally every 1-2 minutes).

I'm underfarmed and underleveled since I pretty much expect to get ganked every minute, so I stay back. Meanwhile, Nidalee dies to MF every time the enemy ganks, and has turned my lane into a nightmare.

Post-game, Nidalee calls me trash and says I'm butthurt the MF was better than me. Then she says that's what happens when I refuse to communicate with team (aka give her adc). Apparently, since we picked at the same time, I'm not actually higher pick than her. **** this Nidalee, who tried to lock in his 36% win rate Ez.

-______________________- Riot, pretty please, listen to OP.

Goodguy Hopper

01-16-2013

Some of the up coming changes to solo/duo queue could medicate this problem, but I suspect that it will not. So I am going to keep trying to get a response from riot on this issue.