Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodguy Hopper

01-04-2013

Quote:
Lavitztyr:
i want a more severe dodge penalty when dodging last 30 seconds

I just reread this, and hadn't noticed how clever this was before. If you dodge early it is more likely for personal reasons or because your team is infighting. It actually promotes leaving for the right reasons, as opposed to getting counter picked (for example).

Zerosk83

01-04-2013

Quote:
Alyssa Riel:
I just reread this, and hadn't noticed how clever this was before. If you dodge early it is more likely for personal reasons or because your team is infighting. It actually promotes leaving for the right reasons, as opposed to getting counter picked (for example).

Sometimes I like to wait to the end to see if 2 team mates who are fighting manage to sort out their dispute. If they are still fighting at the end of the queue I'll dodge to avoid listening to it all game.

I don't really want to get punished because I'm trying to avoid 20+ minutes of obvious negativity by other players.

GnomeDigest

01-04-2013

Disabling chat in champion select is actually an intriguing idea. You would still need some way to indicate what role you were planning to fill once you chose your champion. Jungle is easy because 99% of the time the jungler takes smite so its obvious but the rest of the roles can get murky. So like once I pick Zilean and lock in I can click a little indicator saying I planning to support with him for example.

I cant imagine Riot would ever go for this but it would be interesting to see how the champion select dynamic would change.

The 1011

01-04-2013

Why not create a new way of how teams are made?

When you start out playing a team game in school usually there is 2 captains and they choose who is on their team. First you choose in your profile who you play and where you main position you have 5 champions and your secondaries you get up to 2-3 and the option to not play certain lanes like bot mid or jungle.
Then next concept except at the start of the banning process you would see what everyone likes to play, and ban from there then the picking process would be the same from there except the captain would pick who is on their team maybe the captain would pick someone that is willing to plays as a support, over someone that only plays top and mid.
If only certain people have certain champions in their profile how will that change the bans or even the meta? The captain would have more risk and more rewards from winning and also more penalty from losing compared to the non-captains.

This a Concept of ranked solo-queue I have sort of meshed with dodge ball or any backyard game i have played like capture the flag

Goodguy Hopper

01-04-2013

Quote:
Zerosk83:
Sometimes I like to wait to the end to see if 2 team mates who are fighting manage to sort out their dispute. If they are still fighting at the end of the queue I'll dodge to avoid listening to it all game.

I don't really want to get punished because I'm trying to avoid 20+ minutes of obvious negativity by other players.

That's a really good point, probably wont bring up the idea again.

Quote:
The 1011:
Why not create a new way of how teams are made?

When you start out playing a team game in school usually there is 2 captains and they choose who is on their team. First you choose in your profile who you play and where you main position you have 5 champions and your secondaries you get up to 2-3 and the option to not play certain lanes like bot mid or jungle.
Then next concept except at the start of the banning process you would see what everyone likes to play, and ban from there then the picking process would be the same from there except the captain would pick who is on their team maybe the captain would pick someone that is willing to plays as a support, over someone that only plays top and mid.
If only certain people have certain champions in their profile how will that change the bans or even the meta? The captain would have more risk and more rewards from winning and also more penalty from losing compared to the non-captains.

This a Concept of ranked solo-queue I have sort of meshed with dodge ball or any backyard game i have played like capture the flag

I really like this idea. I think the only problem with it is that it would increase the amount of time in champ select. For me personally i would love this format.

Zerosk83

01-04-2013

bump

Astaare

01-04-2013

Pick order is supposed to be the final say. I mean, pick order naturally overrules calling roles, because regardless of what you call, it's still up to the people before you to decide whether or not to accommodate you. This is naturally the bottom line, unless you are intent upon raging/trolling if you don't get what you wanted.

Honestly, pick order is supposed to be the bottom line. That being said, if you want to win, there are times when you should allow lower order picks to have the champion they are best with.

Flaming June

01-04-2013

If Riot comes in and makes the official stance "calling it" then I'm going to disregard it and obey the pick order still.

End of my story.

o Winter o

01-05-2013

What about instead of queueing straight into ranked, people are able to choose what roles they want to queue for?
e.g. I queue for ranked, and select my role as "ADC", and all other members will have selected a different role.

Players can even select multiple roles and queue as "ADC, Mid, Top" for example, allowing the system to count that player as 3, and once in champ select appointed a role (based on what the other 4 queued as).

I think this would allow 1) Less trolls since people join as the role they wish to play 2) Less dodging for the same reason.

You could even show before queuing the percentage of each role; I'd say support is usually the lowest, and if players see that the queue times for other roles is longer, they will be more willing to queue as support.

Chaldron

01-05-2013

inb4 spell queue right