Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BakerofDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Support bump

Healsforhugs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Riel View Post
Riot should rethink their position on queue dodging for any reason because queue dodges have a positive impact on the game by preventing toxic environments.

Shows toxic behavior, but, wants to prevent toxic behavior. Okay.

Raptamei

01-03-2013

The problem with kickvotes and free dodging is that people will leave champion select when they get counterpicked (or worse: boot out others so they get the penalty instead).

Morpf

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
The problem with kickvotes and free dodging is that people will leave champion select when they get counterpicked (or worse: boot out others so they get the penalty instead).
I dont think free dodging is a good idea. I support kickvotes though. But the first step is that riot take a clear stance about draft pick rules.

Goodguy Hopper

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healsforhugs View Post
Shows toxic behavior, but, wants to prevent toxic behavior. Okay.
Yeah I can be a little ornery at times. Sorry about that, but then again toxic behavior spreads and brings out the worst in us maybe I'm just the product of the current environment. I don't know someone call a defense attorney

Zerosk83

01-03-2013

There are so many problems with the game right now it's unbelievable.

1) We need a way to see when we are queue'd with people who are duo/trio/4 man in champ select. This will help influence people's decisions before a game starts.

2) The pick order/called it first garbage needs to be sorted out ASAP. I've stopped purchasing any RP until it gets fixed, and I've dropped well over $300 on this game.

3) Tribunal needs to be able to see start and end game chat lobbies, all the trolls know that pre game doesn't show up so they act like jerks in champ select to get your team fired up, then they play nice in game and make you look like the rude one.

4) The random button and lock button are useless in game modes that have queue's. There is no need for them. They also need to change the system so that anyone who hasn't picked a champ by the end of the timer is considered afk and "dodges" the queue and receives the penalty for it, rather then be assigned a random champ.

5) Add a report feature for champ select. People have been asking for this for YEARS! The way it works now is you either suffer through a game with a troll and report him after the game, hoping tribunal believes you (since they can't see pre game chat), or you dodge and the troll receives no punishment at all, continues to ruin games and be a toxic member of the community.

ColdSteelKatana

01-03-2013

bump

Zerosk83

01-03-2013

Bump

DriedPrunes

01-03-2013

From my personal experiences. It works both ways. I had a few higher picks who disregard me and decided to jungle and completely blew it quite hard. What I hate about pick order is the fact that the level of skill isnt that much of a difference between 1st and last pick. If your both in the same que its more than likely you are similar skill level. A plat player isnt gonna be in the same que as a 1200 elo player. You can't tell me that a 1302 elo player and a 1285 elo player player are miles apart in skill.

Personally I agree with Pendragon and I will push it further saying that Both Calls and Pick Order are complete BullS@#*. Calls are BS and pick order just creates useless anarchy omg team mates

The best way for ppl to decide roles is to actually display stats in champselect and even then the best way to decide is to talk calmly to each other instead of waving pen1s or being brats

Goodguy Hopper

01-04-2013

In this thread a lot of ideas have come up on how to eliminate the trolling and help to develop a better solo queue system for the lol community. As we have been building up responses to try and draw some attention this thread will get to the point where it is too long to read over. So i thought I would recap some of the Ideas up to this point. (Some from OP, some from the replies)

Vote to kick -
There is a completely seperate thread here - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33052909

If you really want to go into depth on this idea go there. This was once a suggestion I made as well nearly a year ago. I've had a lot of time to think about this and I completely disagree with it as a concept, after being an avid supporter before. My problem is that Riot would most likely not want us to vote kick for any reason other than trolling, and I believe that anything given to players that can potentially help us climb the ladder by making a skilled decision should be used to its fullest. If for example you pulled a team mate's records and found they had played less than 10 games and lost every single one of them I would want to vote kick them in a heart beat. I know there is the possibility that it isn't their fault they lost those games, but there is a high probability that the player would cost the team the game. Building off what I know I would do if Riot gave me free reign, and expanding that to other players like myself in ranked I would assume this would happen often. If it did It would make it very frustrating for new players to enter into ranked play, and making such a large divide between ranked players and would be ranked players is exactly the type of divide I would want to avoid implementing into the game.

Queuing with a role -
So when you queue into solo/dou you would mark roles you are willing to play and then when you got into the match making screen it would let you know which role you had been assigned. After that It would let you trade places with other players (not to trade roles, but to affect pick order).

I rather like this idea but it would mean a lot of work on riots part, and additionally would be recognizing a "meta" granted this meta in terms of positions in the game has been going on at least since I started playing over two years ago, but still it s something for riot to consider. Also it would be easier to report trolls as they would pick outside their position and could be seen on tribunal as doing so, but that also means that Riot recognizes certain champs as "troll" picks for certain positions.

No or limited chat in Champion select
I very briefly mentioned this in the original post. I would like to expand on the idea now. In the OP i talked about how some of my best games have been ones where no one spoke in champion select. I do still stand by that statement. I think that adding the ability to communicate during the pregame should be an earned privilege rather than a fact of the game. Expanding on the honor system by giving access to verbal communication to those who have frequently been up voted in ranked games for teamwork, and rarely/never reported. Like all privileges you could take this away to continue to reinforce positive behavior and punish negative (I have jokingly refereed to Lyte as a clever mother, so I am sure he will enjoy this idea because it is the equivalent of an automated system for putting kids in the corner). This also builds trust in team members who can talk in the pregame because they have demonstrated good team work skills in previous games. Finally it would eliminate hurt feelings because in general players who say "X or feed" do not get teamwork votes at the end of the game, and therefore would not be able to talk in future games. Obviously you can not get upset if someone takes the role you wanted if they had no way of knowing.

Stating to the community it is OK to dodge for any reason
This is really what i think of as a band-aid solution because it adds some comfort to the individual, but doesn't really solve the problem. If you told lol players no matter how much you dodge you will never get banned then they would dodge any game they felt uncomfortable with for any reason. I am all for that, it is the one individual decision you really have in a game where to climb the ladder you have to play with a team of 3-4 strangers you know nothing about, and whose mood and level of skill you have no control over. In short it is your on opportunity to make a decision entirely for yourself. Naturally this is a bit selfish but at the end of the day your ranking is yours not yours and everyone you played with. I am not suggesting you remove the time penalty or make it scale any less than it already does. I think that having a time penalty is a good thing. I am simply suggesting that you not ban people for dodging often. I understand queue times can be high at higher ranks and that dodges can be very frustrating, but in the end playing a game you "knew" you where going to lose is up to 1 hour of frustration and no one wants that either.

Adding a Roshambo system
In the op I made a joke about is not being able to roshambo for positions. Then Tenkaybofa said well why not put one in... and I thought wow that would be easy to implement, and while it wouldn't always work to resolve arguments some people might agree to it and ever adhere to it. So yeah Riot you should add a /command into the chat window to let us rock paper scissors. It simple easy to implement and it might even settle a few disputes.

I will try and do these recaps periodically in addition to adding some more compelling posts to the OP so that it is easier for a red to catch up if we catch their attention.