Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahuuu View Post
Higher pick should have higher priority since the order is based from highest to lowest elo. Those who did not get their desired spot have two options:
a) Get better at less desired roles, get higher elo and get queued at higher spots for better chances at getting what you want.
b) dodge.

I don't find that to be true, perhaps it is, but I've been in queue with last pick, had a dodger, got in queue with 3 of the same 4 people and now I'm banning. How did my ELO change between the two that now I'm higher when I was lower before?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayShyTooFly

Senior Member

01-02-2013

well its pretty much you can call whatever role you want doesnt mean you are going to get it. and you shouldn't cry over it because you didnt get the role you wanted. if you feel like you arn't good in any other role then mid then just dodge if you didnt get it. thats the price you pay for only being good at one role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitius View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33052909

Sounds like a job for vote to kick.

Also Riot has consistently stood behind pick order over calling. Section 1 paragraph 2 of the summoner's code says as much. That is their mentality.
Actually, if you read the OP or pay attention to the threads, you'll find that Riot has clarified that they do not hold that stance at all. They believe it is situational, sometimes it is call order and other times pick order. They call this the grey area that the OP is complaining about.

I appreciate your opinion, but if you don't read the OP then please start a new thread rather than post nonsense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaros

Senior Member

01-02-2013

As long as there is chat in champ select, people will call roles and argue to get it.

Riot saying one thing or another won't change that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaros View Post
As long as there is chat in champ select, people will call roles and argue to get it.

Riot saying one thing or another won't change that.
I disagree, Riot making a stance will give us the ability to correctly report people for champ select. Making an official rule will give teams something to rely on. It'll also cause people to learn more roles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaros

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
I disagree, Riot making a stance will give us the ability to correctly report people for champ select. Making an official rule will give teams something to rely on. It'll also cause people to learn more roles.
You can already report people for being obstinate. Nothing will change from how it is now except the first few picks will be the jerks more often and threaten reporting more than they already do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaros View Post
You can already report people for being obstinate. Nothing will change from how it is now except the first few picks will be the jerks more often and threaten reporting more than they already do.
True, but who do we report? The one who first called it and didn't get their way or the one who choose because they had first pick? When voting on the case which do you pardon and which do you punish? And we can't even tell which is truly which unless the reporter tells us. But we can't verify it. If Riot makes a rule, then they can rightly add pregame chat to the tribunal cases and we can fairly report, punish and pardon people accordingly.

Right now we just read a bunch of game chat where people argue over who was supposed to be jungle and why we have 2 jungles now.

You have to admit that the current system isn't working well, so what solutions do you have?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaros

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
True, but who do we report? The one who first called it and didn't get their way or the one who choose because they had first pick? When voting on the case which do you pardon and which do you punish? And we can't even tell which is truly which unless the reporter tells us. But we can't verify it. If Riot makes a rule, then they can rightly add pregame chat to the tribunal cases and we can fairly report, punish and pardon people accordingly.

Right now we just read a bunch of game chat where people argue over who was supposed to be jungle and why we have 2 jungles now.

You have to admit that the current system isn't working well, so what solutions do you have?
I am saying there is no solution. I am saying as long as humans are involved in this process, people will argue over who plays what. Welcome to the internet.

Besides, even if riot took a side, the majority of players don't read the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaros View Post
I am saying there is no solution. I am saying as long as humans are involved in this process, people will argue over who plays what. Welcome to the internet.

Besides, even if riot took a side, the majority of players don't read the forums.

We can not assume that it is an unsolvable problem simply because it has a human factor, that is a very defeatist attitude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-03-2013

upvote this thread