Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

bump.

riot pls answear to this. imo this is the most urgent problem this game has right now. almost every single ranked queue end up in fights cause people dont know what picking order means. i already am sick about it. i absolutely stopped chating in pregame only because of this. i hide the lol window, then on my turn i pick a role which isnt taken yet and i hide lol again. i can hear people rage then and often i end up in double top/mid/jungle/adc (never double support tho :-p) and being harassed a lot.

i just hate it.this **** kills the game

Edit:
I think riot just should make clear for everyone that it is the picking order that matters and give the communitiy the opportunity to report people for stealing lanes "cause they called it". imo this is already reportable as assisting enemy team

Hydrochoerus

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnronTheGreat View Post
Um call order does not win either in that circumstance, it would be whomever typed faster. Much better right? (No)

3 letters. its not whoever types the fastest...

Hydrochoerus

01-01-2013

Im not taking any sides

If your in ranked and somebody calls a role. that usually means that thats there best role. And usually if they dont get it other than sopmeone else calling it first they will probrably forced into a role they dislike. meaning there probrably negative, unhappy witch can effect performance and even trolling. Witch will lose you ELO.

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ner0TheHer0 View Post
Im not taking any sides

If your in ranked and somebody calls a role. that usually means that thats there best role. And usually if they dont get it other than sopmeone else calling it first they will probrably forced into a role they dislike. meaning there probrably negative, unhappy witch can effect performance and even trolling. Witch will lose you ELO.
Most of the time though they are colliding with other people who are also picking roles based on what they are best at. If two people both call mid and that is legitimately what they are both best at someone has to give.

The argument is usually over who needs to swap, and the argument is not being settled well at the moment.

Vanitius

01-01-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33052909

Sounds like a job for vote to kick.

Also Riot has consistently stood behind pick order over calling. Section 1 paragraph 2 of the summoner's code says as much. That is their mentality.

Xion Moonray

01-01-2013

What I don't understand is why they aren't collecting data on a player's preferred roles, and their performance with said roles, then using that data to improve matchmaking. The only downside I can see to such a system is that it might trap players in "Support Hell", a state in which they have been forced into a role so much that the system is now reinforcing that.

Or, y'know, Riot could work on balance more to make Supports either less necessary or not such a miserable role.

Or, even less likely, players could stop treating the support like sh*t and blaming them for losses.

Yahuuu

01-01-2013

Higher pick should have higher priority since the order is based from highest to lowest elo. Those who did not get their desired spot have two options:
a) Get better at less desired roles, get higher elo and get queued at higher spots for better chances at getting what you want.
b) dodge.

Morpf

01-02-2013

bumping for riot to answear

BrightNooblar

01-02-2013

Thanks god the first sentence was a snide comment so I could down vote without needing to read the rest.

Arcticfury

01-02-2013

I completely agree with the problems you have listed. I have played with too many supports as I adc that feed 3-4 deaths before level 5 and blame me for not killing the opposing adc before they die. Or as jungle I have a top that turret dives at level 3 and then complains I was there to help gank and blames me. I've run into 5-6 games like this in a row. I am no pro, but I know I'm better than many of my teammates, though not good enough to over turn their feeding.

So I know that trolling is a problem, fighting over roles is a problem, and it seems that this is something unavoidable in the Solo/Duo games. You can't just randomly smash 5 players together and think that the 5 will all have the desire to play 5 unique roles. Dodging is a problem, I hate queueing 5 games just to play a single ranked game.

So I don't think allowing one problem to become a larger problem is a good solution. No other area of life would this be good, nor does it make sense unless you're the one that wants to be the problem.

So Riot should make Dodging very unattractive, but they need to address the Trolls, and you are right to say that the first step is to take a stance. It's like trying to create order by not making any rules, it just doesn't happen. If we have no rules on the freeway we'd have 100,000 different systems in place any given morning on our way to work and their would be absolute chaos.

After Riot takes a stance they need to enforce that stance, and then, and only then, will we have a system where dodging becomes less necessary.

So I completely disagree that they should make dodging easier or lessen the penalty for it, quite the opposite actually. I think they need to focus 100% on making it less necessary to dodge. This is the only good answer.

You shouldn't get to pick the team you play against, QQ because you got countered or QQ because you didn't get your ideal role. Riot needs to quit catering to all of these QQers. They need to remove their ability to force dodges and to troll. Let us report the trolls, but you can't report someone for breaking a rule that doesn't exist. Take a stance Riot. It isn't grey, it is extremely black and white, how you balance Karma is grey only because you can do 100 different things to make her balanced, but whether she is balanced or not is not grey. Intentional feeding is black and white, so is trolling, and so is who should have priority in picking their roles. Either make role selection as you queue, or make it first to pick their champ gets first pick on their role. Make a decision and this magically gets better. That simple.