Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roderek

12-31-2012

The que dodging drives me nuts. I only have 11 ranked games played this season because it takes so long to get into a game its not worth it. I log into play ranked but after 30 minutes in champ select due to dodging it just isnlt worth it to go through the process again.. So I go and play normal

EnronTheGreat

12-31-2012

BUMP FOR PEOPLE TO READ THIS. Biggest problem LoL has right now is champ select, please take the time to read these suggestions and respond riot!

Häßlich

12-31-2012

Good post. Let's hope a Red will make a statement, at least. Ideally, they would actually listen to the players for once, and do something about it. I'm so sick of "calling" anyway. It's like when I was young, my brother would call "shotgun" to try to get the front seat, but I refused to let him because I physically got car-sick if I sat in the back, and I don't think my parents want puke all over them while they're driving.

Calling is never a good system.

muhalaha

12-31-2012

Calling lanes and ignoring the rest of the people is being selfish.

Going by pick order and ignoring the rest of the people is being selfish.

Neither is right and neither should have priority over the other. Also this game can be played with comps that dont follow the current meta... If you say someone is trolling because they picked something you don't see everyday then you're a jerk.

But if you do want to follow the meta (like everyone at least in ranked) then it still shouldn't be pick order > all. You can either lock whatever you want since you're first pick and take the chance of turning it into a troll game or actually communicate with your team during the 30*6 (correct me if I'm wrong about the time) seconds that it takes to ban champions.

Honestly, first picking usually gets you countered anyway. Anyone with a brain will counter you which is why teamwork is what matters the most.

Jon Himself

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingson View Post
My computer loads into champ select slowly, I live in Australia, I don't see why people with slower load ins should have to take what they are given.

I just got a verballing and three guys tried to abuse me into dodging when I chose jungle over their last pick mate, who called it first. I stayed and carried and we won and they still all reported me so I might lose my ribbon over it.

Sucks. But why should I always have to be the flexible one who goes support just because I have a slower load in.
Get a job buy a decent machine / pay for a stable connection.

I think calling a role is more than fair, it should go to the person who called first. He was likely last picking to take a jungler that would fit the needs of the team. I would of reported you as well.

Halcione

12-31-2012

Riot can't do anything about this, not because they are incompetent, but because it's out of their hands. It's not an issue in the game that they can just patch, it's an issue with the players themselves, and let's be perfectly honest here, no player who does any of the things you mention here is going to change his ways no matter what Riot does.

They could definately add some stuff to regulate it somewhat, but the ******baggery and "3-year-old-ness" will never disappear.

LordOfTheWaffles

12-31-2012

The the only "problem" with calling roles is that people get this idea that they are somehow more important than another anonymous *** on the internet. I support first call first get because it's the only system that gives everyone an equal chance. They typed it faster than you? suck it up and move on. You're a big boy.

The idea of giving higher picks first choice in position because they have higher ELO is bull****. First, it's usually like a 20-40 ELO difference. Big wankin deal. Second, you're really going to improve your ELO by forcing the guy who usually plays mid and jungle to go adc which he almost never plays... Then there's also the fact that those people tend to be the idiots who first pick top lane, get countered, AND build horribly (That wardens mail and Ninja Tabi are doing you a lot of good against Swain, mr Darius...)

Atticús

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhalaha View Post
Calling lanes and ignoring the rest of the people is being selfish.

Going by pick order and ignoring the rest of the people is being selfish.

Neither is right and neither should have priority over the other..

Honestly, first picking usually gets you countered anyway. Anyone with a brain will counter you which is why teamwork is what matters the most.
These words win this thread. The rest of it was kinda dubious and I very much approve of the current meta as opposed to the others before.

Nicodemous

12-31-2012

One problem op... I have no respect for anyone that uses LoLking while in champ select or to "out" forum posters... and no, it has nothing to do with my own less than stellar play but just the principle behind it. LoLking can only show you the last several game, but not the best and worst games that player has had. It also can't tell the legitimate difference between a player that does well for their Elo being unlucky or dragged down and a player that is still falling to their true Elo... it also can't tell you if that awesome score came from ksing all game and running to leave others exposed...

Goodguy Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
One problem op... I have no respect for anyone that uses LoLking while in champ select or to "out" forum posters... and no, it has nothing to do with my own less than stellar play but just the principle behind it. LoLking can only show you the last several game, but not the best and worst games that player has had. It also can't tell the legitimate difference between a player that does well for their Elo being unlucky or dragged down and a player that is still falling to their true Elo... it also can't tell you if that awesome score came from ksing all game and running to leave others exposed...
there really is an art to reading raw data. Lolking can give you almost all the information you need to judge people once they have gotten over 30 ranked games.