Xin S3 Jungle build -what you build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollingson

12-22-2012

Surprisingly few guides out there for this...

So far I've tried 9/21 mastery with arpen/armour/mp per lvl runes with atsp quints -From lol pro's guide- but he ends up building nothing but tank items, which doesn't really suit me and most situations I find in draft mode.

So far I've built phage, brutalizer and was going to build spirit of the elder lizard and also prob bulwark or randuins for defence. Should I be building yomous or cleaver and with phage triforce or frozen mallet?

Looking for ideas.. havn't had a game past mid game yet.

Loving Xin so far though.

Yoda the Great

02-01-2013

Well, at the risk of resurrecting an old thread, I didn't see a response to it and I'm interested in the same question.
The jungle xin guides I've found have been lacking. I did have luck with a mobafire guide but it still just doesn't feel right.

Here's what I've been doing in my limited xin experience:
Start: machete > 5 pots
Spirit Stone
Bezerker Greaves
Spirit of the Elder Lizard
Black Cleaver

Then I get lost... I kinda just build whatever the heck I want (BotRK, Hydra... etc)

Any suggestions? I've seen Spirit Visage suggested on him but I really feel like you can get the CDR somewhere else better and unless you have lifesteal, that passive is wasted on xin at higher levels. Seen Warmogs suggested as a 2nd item, but that feels too early especially without dmg to back it up. I also have issues catching up to people with this to get my full q in (get 2 hits and they are too far for the 3rd) which suggests a Phage/Frozen Mallet/Triforce/Iceborn, but not sure when to get that item.

Chopinator

02-01-2013

I have been going with following build-

21-9-0 Masteries
AD Quints or MS Quints
ArPen Reds or AS Reds
Flat Armor Yellows
Mix of Scaling and Flat MR Blues

Q-E (if level 2 gank or W if not) then E or W which ever you dont get at 2- E- E - R. Ranking up E before Q gives you a quicker CD on it and will allow you to stay up with your opponent, it is also an AOE attack.

Machette and 5 pots
Madreds Razor and Boots
Wriggles and Merc Treads
Brutalizer into Black Cleaver
Giants Belt into Warmongers or Frozen Mallet
Other 2 items will be based on team need and other team comp\builds.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Its Still a relevant question.

Xin wants to build lots of health especially since his Ult gives up to 125 armor/MR to hugely increase his effective health and make him a great initiator.

Early on, he wants some offense to help his ganks since Defense doesnt matter quite as much. But as a jungler his budget is limited.

Machette+5pots is standard. Fortunately his W gives him significant lifesteal. On his first run, how many autoattacks u think he does? Maybe 100? Even at level 1 W, thats 33 boosts of 26 health = 900ish health...thats like 6 pots! *(if you started with W which you dont)
So you could actually pull off 2 pots and a ward. Or take the 5 pots but likely resell them later.

You start with Q because of the Attack Resetter that gives a free autoattack, plus the 45 bonus dmg on use and fairly low CD. W needs to be next for the sustain. Too bad no more perma-AS boost. Use W, attack,Q to reset and lower W CD.
I then max E because of the higher burst damage, the AoE effect and the increased Slow.

---------------
From here you have the Wriggles vs Stone choice. His high AS works well with Wriggles bonuses though the early armor and extra lifesteal are really overkill on Xin. So you wind up spending a lot to get little ganking ability and hardly any real survival.

Therefore I would go with BRUTALIZER. This gives significant dmg boost on ganks plus better clearing speed. The spirit stone is an ok upgrade and keeps up his Mana supply allowing a full Q,W,E on every clear...this greatly increases clear speed.

After that a Giants Belt to boost his survivability.

From here a Ghostblade is the way to go. Or you could get the Averice Blade earlier instead of brutalizer if ganks arent looking so good and sit on it for a bit.
But the 6sec Ghostblade boost of AS/MS is PERFECT with Xin's playstyle of charge,ult, use Q,W,Ghostblade and do as much dmg as possible.

You want a Warmog too from the giant belt.

Ok, so you got boots, spirit stone, Ghostblade, Warmog. Now what?

I'd probably get the Berserker boots as this helps clear speed and is very efficient L2 boots.

your Stone upgrades to teh Tenacity/Health Bigstone. Even moar health.

With dem 2 slots left, you will play it by ear. Hexdrinker is good, and if nobody else takes Aegis, do that! Great well rounded defenses.
If you need more Deeps, Inf Edge is the way to go! I'd take IE over a Black Cleaver personally even though that is great too. The crit multiplier and extra AD is too good to pass up. But it is personal preference as your Passive plus BC plus your flat Apen is a strong multiplier too.

A sightstone is a good option as well.

Why all this Defense? Because Xin is Scary! He attracts attention and glass cannon gets him killted. He is a fantastic initiator since he can Charge,Ult and become near indestructable all teh while doing crazy damage.
80% AS from his W, 40% from Ghostblade = 120%.
Damage from Ult and Charge AoE.
Knockups from Q.
Some crit and AD to multiply the damage.

Everyone craps themselves and focuses Xin...despite the fact that after 6 sec and his second Charge he is out of gas. But by then hes done tons of damage even with only 1 real offensive item.

If you add an IE, it gets sick. That plus ghostblade crit = mad tings. An atmas just gets disgusting as a 6th item.

KEEP IN MIND that you almost never get all this stuff.
You usually wind up with a Zerker,spirit stone, Warmog, Ghostblade and thats about it.

OriginalJack

02-01-2013

I initially had some trouble with Xin when I first started with him but lately I've been having more success. Here's what I've come up with after a lot of trial and error:

Runes:
AD reds
Armor yellows
Mr/lvl blues
MS quints

Mastery page:
19/11/0
Skills: I start W -> Q -> E then max R, E, W, Q
Summoners: Ghost/Smite

Usually I build:
merc treads
lizard elder
brutalizer (usually into black cleaver I haven't had good luck with ghostblade personally but it's not a bad choice)
phage
warmogs
usually the game is almost over at this point but some other good items after that are:
GA (extra life is OP)
maw (need more MR?)
atmas (damage and armor, yes please)
randuin's (armor and hp and E -> activate randuin's -> ult scatters everyone and makes it hard for them to get back into position because of the slow)

In the end Xin is one of those champs that can be effective with a variety of builds so try to find what works best for you.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

+1 to above. Note the similar concept of getting some better ganking power early, then HEALTH first, then lategame getting some armor/MR. This is the best way to improve Effective Health in a cost effective manner. Just remember that Ult's Armor/MR and bias more towards health with whatever build you go with.

-----------------------
I should note that Attack Speed reds will probably be a better deal overall.

*First, it will ensure more "lifesteal" from his W effect.
*It tends to reset his Charge a bit faster since its easier to land all 3 Q hits and ensure knockup.
*AS is more costly than before while AD is cheaper. But runes weren't changed, making AS a 'better deal'.

On the other hand, armor penetration will be more useful vs enemy champions (at a slight cost for jungling). Plus Xin gets 80% AS already and ghostblade adds a lot of AS too. So balancing AS vs AD would make the AD runes more effective for DPS midgame until you got the Inf Edge anyways.

If you prefer Black Cleaver over ghostblade (esp since there is no clickey to forget!!), consider AS reds.

==================

Edit, I see a lot of pros upgrading to Madrids razor. 300 is the hunters doodad. 300 is a cloth for 15 armor. For only 100 gold more you get 10 more armor(worth 180g), keep the 10 true dmg, and upgrade the 10% bonus dmg to a 25% chance of 300 dmg (i.e. effectively +75AD vs creeps on average), which is great with high AS and worth 2800ish gold for anti-creep purposes.

This way you can skip the 900g for the wriggles upgrade. You dont need the lifesteal. You can get a sightstone or wards yourself. You dont need the slightly better onhit effect, and 15 AD in exchange for teh 10 true dmg is mediocre.

Yoda the Great

02-01-2013

Wow, awesome advice.
After looking at what people are saying, its pretty obvious that Xin can have success with a bunch of different builds/runes/masteries. While there were similarities everyone seemed to have something different that worked for them. Actually OriginalJack literally said that as well.

Here's what I've used in Intermediate bots found in a guide(I like to learn a champ there before moving against real people).

AD Reds
Armor Yellows
MRes Blues
AS Quints

Bezerker's Greaves
Spirit of the Lizard Elder
Locket of the Iron Solari
Black Cleaver
Stinger
Randuins

Maxing R>W>E&Q (last 2 equally based on what i need at the time)

Obviously its based on Attack Speed and CDR, anyone have any critique on this? After reading everyone's builds I like the route you guys seem to be taking better than this in theory, but I can't put my finger on why. Going back, i have enough AS in the build to swap out the AS Quints for AD Quints but it seems I'm still getting armor, Health DMG and attack speed. Why does my build not look as good to me as everyone else's?

OriginalJack

02-01-2013

Like Warrrrax said the basic idea is to take advantage of his good early ganks by building damage then transition to being more of a bruiser later in the game. Since Xin already gets a defensive boost from his ult this usually means building health before additional resists but if you see somebody getting fed don't feel like you can't grab an early armor or mr item.

Your build looks ok... I think I would drop stinger for warmogs. Xin has a tendency to E into a team fight and immediately get blow up without it despite his ult. You're also a little light on MR too... maybe think about spirit visage? It will increase the healing on his W and give CDR MR and HP.... come to think of it why don't I build that more often?