Can I get some Olaf advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-22-2012

I pretty new to playing olaf, and I know the general idea of his strength, but I find that I'm not executing it to it's full potential and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. So if people could give me examples of a build path, skill order, and a short description of lane/teamfight playstyle, I'd be quite appreciative.

I know his niche as a character is building tanky but still having a lot of damage and relative burst. Also the whole slow and mobility from ult thing to escape or get to high priority targets. But like I said above, I don't know exactly what to build or what skill order makes this most effective. Especially skill order.

Thanks in advance!

SmokingJoeNL

12-22-2012

Things I like getting on olaf are a brutelizer, shurelias and quick silver sash. This gives you damage, mobility and almost a double ult. With these items I can go for a kill anytime and still get out if it doesn't go as planned. I also like locket of the iron solari a lot on olaf as it give cd reduction and other nice stats.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-22-2012

I've heard kindlegem and anything that builds out of it is good on him, thoughts?

Also, what do you generally skill order for TT?

Dyshana

12-23-2012

I take Q at lvl 1, E twice, then W at level 4 before maxing E. I typically build Frozen Mallet first, and if I'm ahead I'll get brutalizer. If I'm behind I'll start building tanky items like Randuins or Frozen Heart. Honestly, his build depends a lot on what you're up against, but defensive items with CDR are probably best.

Boogario

12-23-2012

**** u riot i want TT back I will take u mother****ers to court for it

Brutality Crisis

12-23-2012

hey, so i main olaf on 3's so ill tell you my build and spell sequence and you can try it
so i normally start of with half complete items if that makes sense?
so i start with a philosopher's stone, boots of speed, tiamat, either a phage or giants belt depending on the game, i then start completing items, so philosopher's into a shurelya's, beserker greaves, ravonous hydra, black cleaver, frozen mallet and depending on the composition of the other team eg a fed ap carry or fed ad carry ill either get a spirit visage or randuin's omen.
as for spells/ability i take and early point in all getting my q first then w then e, i max q first so i have a good harass, i then max my e next, the combo of q and e is amazing, plus with the health regen and cooldown from the shurelya's/spirit visage combo lets you use his e every 2 seconds, so imagine 380 true damage every two seconds without the massive health loss. i then obviously max w and of course as always take your r at 6, 11 and 16.
i hope this helps, happy gaming