Tristana recommended AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndromedaCat

12-22-2012

On PG Tristana's recommended build is AP... while I think AP trist is fine if you don't have AP on your team, and it can certainly be fun to play, shouldn't the recommended build be AD?

Thoughts?

iProbie

12-22-2012

it's crazy, ap trist only works if the enemy team is stupid enough to run away instead of vaporizing/stunlocking you when you jumped into their crowd trying to deal damage or finish off a target.

if you go ap trist just to assassinate a single target, there are much safer alternatives

then again, it depends on the lineup. but most of the time, I prefer to go ad trist and ask my team to stall until late game because trist crushes late game

AndromedaCat

12-22-2012

It seems like even without trying to wait for late game, AD trist would be the better choice. I mean... definitely late-game AD trist is a powerhouse, but just having a strong AD in trist seems stronger than AP.

abisashi

12-22-2012

Yeah, they could have one of the categories of recommended items be "AP Tristana (not recommended)" and otherwise have AD be recommended, though that might be too confusing to new people.

Zielmann

12-22-2012

AP is just a popular build for her on aram, which could be a leftover relic from SR arams when it was almost preferred. But on PG a good AD carry is a great thing to have on the team. AP is defintely more fun, and if the other team has one or two very squshy targets, her place basically becomes trading herself for one of tbe squishy carries on the other team. But she needs to have a team with enough damage to be able to win the resulting 4v4.

I wouldn't outright say that trist isn't recommended to go AP, but if you get trist you should pick which route based on your team. Ask them which they want. Both have their merits and one might fit better on some teams while the other is preferred with others. I actually really like having this kind of versatility in a champ.

Nularia

12-22-2012

Explosive Shot's active + the scaling range with her Passive now is some pretty beast harass, especially since it inflicts deadly wounds on the enemy (I think that's the debuffs name?) Her Jump + Ultimate can quickly turn a balanced fight into a three people dead or nearly dead and everyone scattered and easily picked off.

Granted.. it takes some practice to get it right all the time, but still.

innervation

12-23-2012

I think she should be AD recommended simply because the AP playstyle takes quite a bit of practice to get good at. That is to say, new Trist players will be more effective as AD - just stand around and shoot something.

NinetyNineTails

12-27-2012

No, AP Trist is a parlor trick that is only common in Murderbridge because bad players think it's good for reasons clear only to bad players. AD Trist is so much better than AP Trist that it's impossible to express just how much you're gimping yourself if you build AP on Trist.

innervation

12-27-2012

mmm I wouldn't go that far. She's good against certain comps, and on SR, it's a lot like playing Kassadin, counters a few champs, has a relatively poor 1-5, elite roaming at 6.

junseii

12-27-2012

If your team comp is AD heavy, go ahead and go AP. If you're looking for fun, I'd say playing AP is a bit more fun to me at least. In terms of raw power, AD is definitely better.