The more I look at it, the more it seems like Runaan's a noob trap...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dezbear

12-22-2012

Wouldn't get it on anyone but teemo. Static shyv is better for clearing waves and you get crit/ms

XNinjaFuHiya

12-22-2012

Its not so bad. Sure you're closer/vulnerable but you're dealing more damage throughout the fight. I'd say just kite like a mofo and dish out as much as you can while evading.

Nabonidus

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Runaan's is a situatioal item that might work with a proper team comp.

For example, a protect the kog comp.

Ori mid-- bring them together
Malphite/Cho top/jungle -- keep them together
Nunu support -- buff Kog and keep them slow
Kog with runaan's scores a penta kill
So any comp with Kog, pretty much, since with Kog, it's pretty much "protect the kog comp" or bust.

Runaan's, on paper, sounds frigging AMAZING on Kog. The problem is the range he gets from W doesn't apply to Runaan's, so he has to get into the danger zone to use it properly. And if he's not hitting more than one target, he might as well go for PD anyway.

I've found that typical AD Kog is still the optimal build with him, though I'm experimenting with BotrK.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabonidus View Post
So any comp with Kog, pretty much, since with Kog, it's pretty much "protect the kog comp" or bust.
Well yeah. I chose that comp because it had a lot of tools to keep them bunched together.

cocacolalips

12-22-2012

Not only that, but it's only good as a 4th or 5th item most of the time.

You need on-hit effect or lifesteal to back it up, Runaan's alone is ****.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobbes View Post
Hurricane isn't a noob trap, but you really shouldn't be building it on ADCs except urgot, kog and twitch. On teemo or varus it works better wit a non ADC build.

Urgot - Hurricane just works very well because his on-hit utility which makes him so tanky, and the fact that hurricane doesn't benefit from crit, but Urgot prefers more straight AD anyway.

Kog - Basically, has the best active on-hit affect in LoL and more is always better. I would still build hurricane after an AS item that grants more move speed like statikk or PD.

Twitch - Similar to Kog, this should not be your first AS item, but the benefit of spreading more stacks of deadly venom is always excellent. I believe it does help in teamfights with his ultimate making for an amazing pop of expunge.

Teemo - Hurricane is better when you build AP/SP. Basically, you build haunting guise, malady, and hurricane followed by deathcap. With this combo, Teemo can pull out his mushroom stealth ambush for double kills. It really helps with his teamfighting as well, but the teemo is still squishy.

Varus - Build similar to Teemo to take advantage of this item. His AP hurricane build can actually end up doing more damage per attack then his AD build this way, but only when hitting three targets. This really excels in teamfights however. Mixing hurricane autoattacks in between his abilities to detonate blight stacks on three champs at once during teamfight is stupid OP. On the downside, most teams don't want an AP Varus, but it is a viable build.
Dude you completely missed the opening post...I already explained why it wouldn't work out on Varus. And I mentioned it's good on Urgot in a very specific build.

PS - Urgot isn't an ADC. Not even close.

Pobbes

12-27-2012

I did not miss your first post. I was just trying to point out certain builds and places where Hurricane was viable. I have used hurricane successfully on AP Varus. I know Urgot isn't an ADC per se, but that's the lane I see him in a fair amount.

Also, hurricane has some random other uses. I've seen people posting about a black cleaver hurricane on MF since she can grab cleaver stacks like a champ. I think the issue with hurricane is people expect it to be interchangeable with PD or Shiv in a build when it doesn't. Hurricane often allows for another option at the end of the build or makes an alternate build viable which would not be available to ADCs.

Alumenlux

12-27-2012

There's some excitement after the update but basically after everyone gets used to new shop a set of items will fall into the moonflair spellblade pit lol, Runaan's seem to belong here

OneRepublic

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDerpy View Post
Poster does not know how Runaan's spreadfire actually works.

Hint: It's a 300 unit radius around the target unit, not a 300 unit radius around yourself.
this
there is no reason, at all, the adc has to get up close to get all 3 shots in when he can do it from range