How to build mordekaiser AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

supermeatnoob

12-22-2012

I have been debating on how to build him right now and have been going by http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ghtmare-201550 for now but i feel like sometimes I might need to switch it up and need some opinions of you guys. Any feedback would be great.

supermeatnoob

12-22-2012

Nobody?

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

mobafire sucks use solomid

I usually run with REWQ instead of REQW, because flying metal shards too good. Really. Matter of preference though.

21/0/9 is usually not how Mordekaiser is built, especially with the 9 in buff duration: why would you even care? S2 he usually ran 21/9/0 for his early game. Similarly with runes.

DFG is not built from kage. It's also pretty much core on Morde. Seriously consider getting gunblade instead of WotA. This also works well with Liandry's on the target in question, particularly if he was DFG'd also.

Needs more wards, because Morde is an autopusher. One little bullet point isn't enough.

Incidentally, don't play Morde top. The combination of autopusher, squish early game and no escapes is a recipe for disaster. Also, this guy is suggesting playing him as a sustained damage APC. Nothing wrong with that, but there are better. A major reason for picking Morde is the ult, which is a powerful nuke in its own right and a major teamfight changer on the order of Yorick ulting Kogmaw. I mean why do you think I recommend DFG gunblade on him.

Amarajah

12-22-2012

Sorceror's Shoes
Hextech Revolver if you need the sustain
Otherwise:
Haunting Guise -> Liandry's
Rabadon's Deathcap
Deathfire's Grasp
Void Staff
Final item either Will of the Ancients, Rylai's Crystal Sceptre, or Zhonya's Hourglass depending on the situation

You could also get spirit visage and Wota for some nice synergy if you really need that much mr to survive, but i don't even know if that's efficient.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

I don't play Morde much, but I usually build Lich Bane and max Q first.

Think about it... it's damage added to your next auto-attack, so first you get your AA damage. Then you get 200 magic damage (rank 5). Then you get 40% of your AP. And you get 100% of your bonus AD (though this is usually going to be 0 if you build pure AP). And then Lich Bane is going to add 100% of your AP. And this is on a 4 second cooldown.

Merxamers

01-22-2013

i've been rocking with morde lately and he's my number 1 champ. here's my stuff:

21-9-0 masteries

start tome and pot ==> hextech revolver ASAP (boots not as important in S3)

afterwards, if you can, build needlessly large rod (i know some people like to build tanky first, but i've found he's much more effective with AP)

if you're having trouble with the AP mid, start byuilding an abyssal scepter, else; get haunting guise/finish rabadons (in some order), and get kage's lucky pick (i usually turn this into WotA later on)

finish liandry's torment (sorcerors boots should have been done a while ago now)

a good final build, for me, is sorcerors shoes, rabadons, WotA, Liandry's, Ryailai's, and some defensive item (spirit visage, warmogs, zhonya's, etc; i usually never get to the 6th item)

other items to consider are abyssal scepter (VERY good item, especially if the other team is AP heavy), and Gunblade (if you're finding yourself very much ahead). i haven't really tried deathfire grasp yet, since i'm not that good with activated items, but i can see how it could be devastating if you find yourself facing a ton of high HP bruisers; peole also swear by Warmogs, but remember; it is ALWAYS better to build AP than health on Morde

before level 6, you are extremely vulnerable to ganks, so be aware of which bush the jungler comes out from, and save your flash. once you hit 6, when you are ganked, ult the squishiest target first, then w-q-e-ignite. if you can make it under your turret, this should be a double kill. This is much more difficult if the jungle is, say, cho, since his high hp is difficult to handle until you get liandry's.

at 6, you should make your way to bot lane. if you have AP, you should be able to help your team get at least 1 kill.

if you have any more questions, just ask!