Returning to League after a 9 month month hiatus, what should I know?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaDV0524

12-22-2012

After picking up this game half though season one, I became a gold ranked player in season 2 (mostly with Tryndamere), I decided I needed to put League down to focus on finishing college and finding a job.

Quitting League was the hardest thing I had to do, but something I 'forced' myself to do, thinking no one become successful playing this game, and thus tried everything to quit, gave away my vid card, tanked my elo to like 900 (because games there are so amazingly ****ty lol), even got banned on General discussion for blatantly trashing the game.

But I've seen and learned a lot in the time away. I realized playing or not LoL won't inpact ***-life at all really, I''ve seen successful people blow though here from time to time (best was a House of Representative from Colorado post here to convince us to vote against SOPA a couple months ago), and now I have an ok job with a lil freedom to spend my time as I would like.

Also lately I catch myself spending hours on the forums anyway, and the new changes I read about have me so intrigued, so I might as well just get back into the swing of things.

So guys, what should I know? I'm looking to tackle things where I left off, hard carrying games like the boss I used to be.
I

Disgruntler

12-22-2012

Champs that were bad months ago have either been made good with s3 changes, made good with a rework, or made better with both. Remember how Ezreal and Eve were considered bad?

Yeah.

Support has a lot more gold and items to play with.

A Gay Bar

12-22-2012

Continue with what you did as Tryndamere. He's the same.

KTcrazy

12-22-2012

Jungling is less rushed and has more of a variety of junglers. About the same meta.

MaDV0524

12-22-2012

Lol I remember when AP Eve was an option, and borderline troll

now shes an ap mage, a freakin strong one

oh this is like learning a completely different game in general, which is fun!

LuckiestJungleNA

12-22-2012

League isn't a different game. It's changed a bit with the season 3 changes, but it's still basically the same game. Jungler ganks a bit later and the jungle is a bit tougher for some; think somewhere between season 1 difficulty and season 2 easymoding. Supports have A TON of awesome new items. Black Cleaver is needed on all AD champs. Ruunan's is boss. New items are pretty sweet in general. Shop is easier to navigate. UI is beautiful. But the game is still the same.

Aametherar

12-22-2012

http://timeline.leagueoflegends.com/

^^^Pretty much a necessity for anyone who's away for more than a month.