Can't play/reinstall league

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sn0wY

12-22-2012

avast is garbage uninstall that thing

get AVG its free and its AMAZING. and doesn't use HALF the memory avast theres another computer here that has that on it and that thing is so fuking slow it takes 5 minutes just to change webpages because its so jacked up

TechieGee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wY View Post
avast is garbage uninstall that thing

get AVG its free and its AMAZING. and doesn't use HALF the memory avast theres another computer here that has that on it and that thing is so fuking slow it takes 5 minutes just to change webpages because its so jacked up
Lolwut? You clearly know very little about anti-virus software.
AVG, though good at its job, is HUGE. It's incredibly bulky and slows down computers that can't handle running it and games at the same time (most laptops). Avast is actually very good, with an incredibly high detection and elimination rate, while still remaining a lightweight software. It doesn't clutter your PC with ads for upgrades or a bunch of bells and whistles, and is the superior product in the opinion of the majority of AV software users (just google for proof).

Sn0wY

12-22-2012

mumble will crah it to

Sn0wY

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieGee View Post
Lolwut? You clearly know very little about computers, or at least anti-virus software.
AVG, though good at its job, is HUGE. It's incredibly bulky and slows down computers that can't handle running it and games at the same time (most laptops). Avast is actually very good, with an incredibly high detection and elimination rate, while still remaining a lightweight software. It doesn't clutter your PC with ads for upgrades or a bunch of bells and whistles, and is the superior product in the opinion of the majority of AV software users (just google for proof).
then u help him

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

still need help

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

i've tried all of the stuff you said snowy, and it did nothing. I can't re install league because i keep getting the error.... it be nice if a red came and helped or something

arn aorh a

12-22-2012

first download MBAM

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
(free download obv)

next run it and set it up, update, the normal chiz

next restart your computer in safe mode:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...r-in-safe-mode

open MBAM and run a FULL SCAN of your computer

it should detect and remove anything that is screwing with it.

if you have windows 7 i recommend using comodo firewall (just the firewall, not the antivirus as well) and using microsoft security essentials.

both are really good and very lightweight softwares, and provide a solid protection against viruses.

on your browser i recommend adding the extensions "flashblock", "adblock", and WOT, which block ads and prevent flash from running automatically, and WOT shows a rating for the site based on the user reviews it has received.

all 3 of these are very useful in avoiding viruses and virus-riddled sites.

Aametherar

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nashor View Post
Help & Support forum is over there ->
Where people go who want to get ignored til they give up and go play DoTA 2 instead.

pwny power

12-22-2012

This has been happening to me to since last patch

Aametherar

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drangus View Post
i've tried all of the stuff you said snowy, and it did nothing. I can't re install league because i keep getting the error.... it be nice if a red came and helped or something
A red will never ever ever help you on the forums regarding support. You can try a support ticket.