Can't play/reinstall league

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

When i get into a league game, i get bugsplat before i even connect to the game. So i deleted and tried to reinstall, i get the error "The applicacation was unable to start correctly (0x0000005) Click OK to close the application" when i try to open the league downloader. Anything i can do here? Also i have tried to repair league, but to no avail.

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Bump for help.

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

and yet another bump

General Nashor

12-22-2012

Help & Support forum is over there ->

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Bumping again

Sn0wY

12-22-2012

oh wait the installer wont work?

sounds like you have virus activity.... if u dont have a virus scanner go to www.download.com and download AVG free edition 2013, install update full system scan.

hit start button
in the run type in msconfig and hit enter

the program msconfig pops up
click the startup tab and disable all, apply, restart computer and see if it will start lmk

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wY View Post
oh wait the installer wont work?

sounds like you have virus activity.... if u dont have a virus scanner go to www.download.com and download AVG free edition 2013, install update full system scan.

hit start button
in the run type in msconfig and hit enter

the program msconfig pops up
click the startup tab and disable all, apply, restart computer and see if it will start lmk
im kinda scared to do that since a few things i just read said it will screw up my computer

Sn0wY

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drangus View Post
im kinda scared to do that since a few things i just read said it will screw up my computer

you can change it back if it doesn't help by opening it again. and enabling all, but if you look at the first screen of msconfig you can chose selective startup or diagnostic startup and it will disable the start up applications for you or enable them.

by doing what i said the startup tab is programs that are starting when your computer first runs on sure you do need some of these, esp if you have something like a soundcard, that wont work until you open the program, but like i said you can select them but if you have a virus adware etc something major running that is conflicting with ur game applications this will stop it for a bit, the computer will also start faster and run faster

that program can mess up your computer if you do things to the other tabs, you can alter the boot.ini meaning when the motherboard picks a windows to load to uses that file you don't change any of those the only thing you want to disable are the "START UP" programs.

Drangus

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wY View Post
you can change it back if it doesn't help by opening it again. and enabling all, but if you look at the first screen of msconfig you can chose selective startup or diagnostic startup and it will disable the start up applications for you or enable them.

by doing what i said the startup tab is programs that are starting when your computer first runs on sure you do need some of these, esp if you have something like a soundcard, that wont work until you open the program, but like i said you can select them but if you have a virus adware etc something major running that is conflicting with ur game applications this will stop it for a bit, the computer will also start faster and run faster

that program can mess up your computer if you do things to the other tabs, you can alter the boot.ini meaning when the motherboard picks a windows to load to uses that file you don't change any of those the only thing you want to disable are the "START UP" programs.
I don't know why it would randomly stop though. It was working two days ago, then i bought nasus, and bugsplatted. i haven't downloaded anything in the past few weeks

Sn0wY

12-22-2012

heres a picture the first is the tab you want to disable

the first is the begging of the program where you can just select an option to apply