Goldare (Gol - Dare) The Mastermind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolemak1985

01-04-2013

Guys, if I can get to 450 views, I will start looking for help on getting things like the Icons and basic scetch of Goldare done and posted. ^_^

Tolemak1985

01-06-2013

440, close enough lol I have started looking for someone to help get a drawing rendered of Goldare. I hope to have something in the next few days.

Tolemak1985

01-07-2013

470... XD almost up to 500! lol

Tolemak1985

01-07-2013

Woot! 511! Shame I only have two people with anything to say about him.

Tolemak1985

01-09-2013

Tolemak1985

01-11-2013

PhoenixGan

01-11-2013

Quote:
The first (2/3/4/5/6) Minions hit with this wave change sides, and fight for Goldare instead.
I feel like once level 4, you could seriously screw up your own carry, and potentially the enemy carry, unless the enemy carry could attack said minions, but then they'd be getting more fed than YOUR carry, because they have more minions to last hit, unless they're still considered "enemy" minions, in which case the other carry would be hard-pressed to keep up with yours, it has a substantial CD though, which balances it out a little more, maybe lowering the amount of minions, at least at an early level, would be a little more balanced for both of the carries, depending on how the mechanics work.

TL;DR depends on mechanics, but could seriously break early game.

His W seems like a pretty massive boost, considering he could pop it, and if built pure AP (let's say he's a crappy support) that's a huge boost in AP and AD for every champ on his team, I'd say lower the AD boost significantly, because if he has 300 AP, then 100 bonus AD is no laughing matter, especially with fed carries

TL;DR: That's a ****load of bonuses with a pure AP build. Lower AP ratios on the AD bonus specifically.

With his E, when you say approach, do the enemy champs have to be walking towards you? or just in your sight range? And does it only affect one champion? or every champion that is on the enemy team? and unless you want to increase his sight range farther than normal, 2 seconds is a pretty decent time to get in and do some serious damage to him, especially with some of the gap closer/faster champs. (I.E. Akali, Elise, Irelia...etc.)

Why do you increase his CD so much on his ult? Why do you not have it scale down as you level it? And I too love the idea of Morde's ult, and though this one is very similar, and provides a large amount of decision of who to ult. Also, how would the mechanics work? would the enemy champion be stunned for the duration, and just auto-attack his/her team mates? Or would they be able to use skills, but the skills do somewhat reduced damage to you, and full damage to team?

TL;DR how would the mechanics work?

All in all, he's a very interesting champ with a very interesting kit, but the fact that his lowest CD at level one is 30 seconds, you might want to do some serious tweaking with that, else he's no better than a ward that can occasionally buff you to hell. Very cool champ, and would love to see what kinds of tweaks you would make with him, and the kinds of plays people might make with him.

Nice work ^_^

Tolemak1985

01-12-2013

PhoenixGan:
I feel like once level 4, you could seriously screw up your own carry, and potentially the enemy carry, unless the enemy carry could attack said minions, but then they'd be getting more fed than YOUR carry, because they have more minions to last hit, unless they're still considered "enemy" minions, in which case the other carry would be hard-pressed to keep up with yours, it has a substantial CD though, which balances it out a little more, maybe lowering the amount of minions, at least at an early level, would be a little more balanced for both of the carries, depending on how the mechanics work.

TL;DR depends on mechanics, but could seriously break early game.
- My reply - Goldare is ment to be a stand alone support. To often is the support focused down, and then the team blames them for not keeping up. Granted, I did not build Goldare for ranked match because personally I hate them. To many people all wanting to be the hero and far to many of them are elitist jurks.
As for how the ability works, the minions litterally change sides, if they were purple minions, they are now Blue side minions. Yes you can end up crippling an allied player in lane with you, but if you do that, then you are not playing this champion correctly.

PhoenixGan:
His W seems like a pretty massive boost, considering he could pop it, and if built pure AP (let's say he's a crappy support) that's a huge boost in AP and AD for every champ on his team, I'd say lower the AD boost significantly, because if he has 300 AP, then 100 bonus AD is no laughing matter, especially with fed carries

TL;DR: That's a ****load of bonuses with a pure AP build. Lower AP ratios on the AD bonus specifically.
- My reply - I can't help but think you miss read this skill. The AP and AD bonuses are seporate, and feed off on Goldare's stats. If you stack AP heavy and have no AD bonus, then the skill offers no AD bonus at all while giving a chunck of AP boost, and visversa.

PhoenixGan:
With his E, when you say approach, do the enemy champs have to be walking towards you? or just in your sight range? And does it only affect one champion? or every champion that is on the enemy team? and unless you want to increase his sight range farther than normal, 2 seconds is a pretty decent time to get in and do some serious damage to him, especially with some of the gap closer/faster champs. (I.E. Akali, Elise, Irelia...etc.)
-My Reply- When I say approach I mean its litteral meaning. if you are getting closer to him, he fires at you. This skill does target every champion in range, not just one. The hole purpose of this skill to help allies run, so there is no damage being delt. And personally, in my mind, if the support is the only one that dies in the team fight, then they did their job. I will not lie, it will take a special type of player to play Goldare the way he is ment to be played.

PhoenixGan: Why do you increase his CD so much on his ult? Why do you not have it scale down as you level it? And I too love the idea of Morde's ult, and though this one is very similar, and provides a large amount of decision of who to ult. Also, how would the mechanics work? would the enemy champion be stunned for the duration, and just auto-attack his/her team mates? Or would they be able to use skills, but the skills do somewhat reduced damage to you, and full damage to team?

TL;DR how would the mechanics work?
- My Reply - Why did I increase the CD, but as the game goes on, each player gets stronger, and so does the enemy. This skill buffs the enemy and turns them on their own team. The effect, the person looses control of their champion for the durration while their chapion targets the closes enemy champion and uses every skill possible on that target. They do not have any debuff durring the duration. The point being, making people think twice about trying to 2v1 him.

PhoenixGan: All in all, he's a very interesting champ with a very interesting kit, but the fact that his lowest CD at level one is 30 seconds, you might want to do some serious tweaking with that, else he's no better than a ward that can occasionally buff you to hell. Very cool champ, and would love to see what kinds of tweaks you would make with him, and the kinds of plays people might make with him.

Nice work ^_^

- My reply - Thank you for the critisim, and I will address the points you have brought up. I will tweek things and add in the explinations to help people better understand how the skills work.

iruini07

01-12-2013

so as i understand...

the passive
i think that the aura part is not that useful since already some of the aura items (i don't know if all of them) affect the minions(ex. runic bulwark, captain enhancement).

q is a late game ability and should be leveled up last.

w should be leveled first and then e...although it would me more situational than anything really

and the r... that would be awesome to use, although the boost are too high. any enemy "converted" would have at least 500 speed(and that's the only one that i can quantify)

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

You're right, I didn't notice the separate AD and AP boosts, my bad.

I see your reasoning behind your Ult, but that is an unfathomably massive amount of damage to the enemy team, especially say, if you ulted Darius by chance, and he decided to pop all his moves. Any enemy champion that could withstand that kind of punishment, would be a god. Especially with the Bonus AD he might be getting. Insta-kill the nearest enemy champion.

Re-read your concept, looks pretty decent, though personally I'm not a fan of über CD's, but they seem a neccesity on him :P Care to review my champ? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2996696