Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any tips for farming with Nasus against ranged champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MooNuke

12-22-2012

What do i do against them? (Farming Wise)

Sephïroth

12-22-2012

Farming with Nasus against ranged is like a dance. They go back, you go forward. Just focus last hitting until the next minion wave is a little behind and the current one is low. Slow the ranged if they allow you to get close enough and smack them around a bit.

You just have to scare them enough to make them regret getting in range of your slow, then you can farm easier. Also, freezing the lane in front of your turret helps a lot, too.

MooNuke

12-22-2012

Quote:
Sephïroth:
Farming with Nasus against ranged is like a dance. They go back, you go forward. Just focus last hitting until the next minion wave is a little behind and the current one is low. Slow the ranged if they allow you to get close enough and smack them around a bit.

You just have to scare them enough to make them regret getting in range of your slow, then you can farm easier. Also, freezing the lane in front of your turret helps a lot, too.

What about with teemo poison?

PrincessIrelia

12-22-2012

Some champs counter other champs. If you're playing blind pick, and you get matched up against a teemo top with nasus, then you're going to probably lose your lane. Teemo just hard counters him. Against most other ADCs, you can focus on maxing your Q first and your E. Don't focus on kills, but focus on hitting minions when they're weak. This will allow you to lifesteal from the minions for more than your opponent dmges you. If you end up building up a mass of minions, the ADC can't hurt you so much. You'll out dps them from the minions attacking them. If they freeze your lane at their tower, you should go back and buy, or go to bot to gank them with your jungler/mid, and run to drag. Usually around 7:30 is a good time for this play, because their jungler will be focusing on getting blue if they started blue.

Sephïroth

12-22-2012

Quote:
MooNuke:
What about with teemo poison?

Any good teemo will shut down any good Nasus top.

Teemo's just a pain in general with melee champs.

There's a few things you can try:

1.) Try and bait his blind out, then tag him in the face. Be careful though, it only has an 8s cooldown. So after he uses it you have 8s to beat him in the face before he turns around and laughs at you again.

2.) Beg mid to switch you. The problem is you're going to have a hard time mid, as well. Nasus is a farmer. Though, most mids will be easier than Teemo.

3.) If you can get your lane frozen in front of the tower, again you can farm easier and lifesteal enough of his damage to farm okay.

4.) Start out Null Mantle + Pots. With S3 boots are so needed as they once were, and with that extra MR your lifesteal is even more effective. Once you go back, finish your boots and buy another Null Mantle.

If you have enough, buy 3 -> Don't finish your Merc treads unless you have enough for 2 Null Mantles and boots 2. You need the MR more than tenacity at this point. Now you nearly half Teemo's damage, and you should be able to farm SOMEWHAT with your lifesteal.

5.) Ask your jungler to babysit you. I hate doing it for top lane, as jungle is my main, but if there's a match up like this I'll generally be happy to help out. I understand, as do most people, a farmed Nasus is a scary Nasus. Just don't make him regret it, you best not underestimate Teemo even if he is underfarmed. A few kills will get him right back into it.

6.) Don't play Nasus against Teemo.

Edit: If its ranked and you're counter picked, I have Rune pages set up to specifically counter certain things, like this.

For instance:
I have an MR Top
Armor Pen Reds (Or AD reds, I prefer Armor pen on most tops)
Flat MR Blues
Flat MR Quints
Flat MR Yellows or Flat Armor Yellows( I have both, but for Teemo I'd use yellows. I have 18 Rune pages so I have a lot of them set up. I understand that isn't the case for most.)

Then reset your masteries to involve as much MR as possible. Starting with 30 more MR with Nasus' Lifesteal makes you one tough cookie to stop from farming.