Xerath!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Kappa

12-22-2012

So here's some numbers for this cutie and a question with it. Why is he so underplayed and considered so weak?

Mpen I build to: 38 flat, 64% with W active

A tanky target will usually have somewhere around 100 mr.

100 * .36 - 38 = -2

.36 being the % mpen which is now calculated first and 38 obviously being the flat mpen.

Now let's say someone's insanely tanky:

300 * .36 - 38 = 70

You can easily build him past 600 ap, his ult has a 1.8 per AP scaling if you land three hits, .06 each. Add that to the base damage and you're at 1905. Multiply that by 1.02 from the -2 mpen, then the 20% from dfg and you're at 2331. That's 2331 AoE damage that he can cast from a safe range, unlike Fiddlesticks who has to be in melee to deal his damage.

This isn't accounting for Q and E damage either which are on a 5 and 8 second cooldown respectively, but with blue, Xerath easily hits 40% cdr. So 3 and 4.8 second cds.

With the amount of magic penetration this champion has, he can make stacking mr ineffective and since he does so much damage and should be carrying a dfg, stacking hp is also ineffective, especially if they don't stack mr and hp. His late game scales up super hard, almost like an AD carry because of the amount of mpen he has. His teamfighting is also awesome because his range makes him so hard to get to, and he can kill almost anyone who jumps on him.

He's got some intense numbers, he's safe with his range and can hit not just across a wall, but across two walls in some cases (Think bottom blue side from the wall behind double golems all the way to their turret). Why don't people play him?

LoLersBane

12-22-2012

i have mixed feeling about DFG with his insane range you're not gona be able to blast someone with it if you're unloading from a safe distance.

LoLersBane

12-22-2012

then again i haven't played much xerath since whenever i try to pick him my friends think im trolling and almost force me to pick someone else if i want to have a serious game.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

MANY of the top tier Leaguers will admit Xerath is a very strong AP. They all also admit that they do not want to take the time to learn him. His skill cap is extremely high and to play him at that level would require tons more effort because of his skill cap.

Xerath is underplayed because of his difficulty, not his viability. I've seen good Xerath's completely carry terrible teams. A good Xerath gets a kill everytime his ultimate's up.

King Kappa

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephroth View Post
MANY of the top tier Leaguers will admit Xerath is a very strong AP. They all also admit that they do not want to take the time to learn him. His skill cap is extremely high and to play him at that level would require tons more effort because of his skill cap.

Xerath is underplayed because of his difficulty, not his viability. I've seen good Xerath's completely carry terrible teams. A good Xerath gets a kill everytime his ultimate's up.
My self confidence -> Through the roof right now

Thanks for clearing that up!

checkmater75

12-22-2012

I think it's bc his early game is kind of weak until he gets some real range. (I remember some streamer saying that) Also, he has no escapes, and his stationary statue thing makes him weak and I BELIEVE it's interruptable. Alot of high-elo play is flashing out of malphite ults, sona ults, and that kind of thing, and it's a little hard with him.

checkmater75

12-22-2012

Also, he's 6300 IP the last time i checked... not exactly appealing to a person who only has 20 champs. He also isn't freeweeked that often either.

xXCFXx Avenger

12-22-2012

I find him very boring

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2142 View Post
I find him very boring

You just never invested time into him. He can be down right hilarious to play. You can ward jungle, and stand over a wall and completely combo a Warwick doing blue buff before he has a chance to move after your stun.

He is a different cup of tea, but that's the beauty of League. There's champions for everyone.