Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Personality Type and Preferred Champions (gathering the data)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrojanHorse

12-27-2012

Probably the most helpful thing for this effort would be a raw data dump of the previous thread. If it's located in a database somewhere, it would be easy to do a query and arrange by post, then do keyword searches to get a rough breakdown. Once the data is available in an easily workable format, the analysis will take a lot less time.

Adieu

12-27-2012

I'm definitely an INFP.

I main support and middle, Lux/Janna. I like my team being in sync, and being able to help teammates who are struggling.

kyoukitenshi

12-27-2012

ESFP.

moderate (44%) extrovert
moderate (25%) sensing
distinct (77%) feeling
distinct (65%) perceiving

favorite champions: katarina, miss fortune, vi, olaf, evelynn.

mostly females, and primarily "all in" champions.

I like sexy, but dangerous- in both genders. lol.

Toad72

12-27-2012

I'm INTP

Moderate on the Introversion
Light on the thinking
Hardcore on intuition and perceiving

I like long range skill shot based champions like Lux, Orianna, and Ziggs.

I used to main Ezreal before he was fotm but now I mostly play lux.

I can play other roles fairly well but I absolutely despise top lane.

visceralsimplex

12-27-2012

Hey Daniel, I actually was looking through the forum not too long ago too and also wanted to compile that data. Really because personality theory is so interesting to me - I studied MBTI and JCF (Jungian Cognitive Function) theory, as well as the Enneagram for over a year.

I find it really interesting because you will see certain types gravitate towards certain roles...I'd suppose, for example, xNFx's and xSFx's would gravitate towards a support/"fill" role while xSxPs might gravitate towards champs like Akali, Katarina, and Udyr. At least that's my guess anyways. I'm an INFJ and I really like playing Nunu and Leona (supports/tanks).

The part to focus on is why exactly certain personality types like certain champs...and I'd guess it to be a combination of the kit mechanics (do you like button mashing or masterfully executing your abilities?) as well as what the character is and what role they are in. While I think people might like to identify themselves with certain characters (Draaaaaven), in the end I think it's less about who the character is and more about the kit and how it plays - a lot of people hate Teemo, but is it because he's a sadistic yordle *******? I think it's more because he's a scumbag to play against with his darts, kiting, and mushrooms. It's the mechanics that make some stray from playing him rather than his character.

Anyways, I'm rambling a bit...my point is is that I'm willing to help in this endeavor so hit me up.

simpsonboy77

12-27-2012

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Thinking(62%) Judging(44%)

I play supports almost exclusively. If I had to pick 3 champions to be my favorites I would say Leona, Sona, and Janna

MeatTruck

12-27-2012

ENTJ

slight pref on the first 2, moderate on the last 2

As for champs, do you mean the champs I like to play because I'm good with them? Or the champs I wanted to play since I started the game? This should be ironed out in the OP

Champs I've wanted to play for the sake of playing them Warwick, Tryndamere, Ryze

Champs I play most often: Jax, Warwick, Janna, Sona, Noct, Malph

Roles: mostly jung top and support, the first role I became adept at was support and enjoyed it because of the luxury of viewing the big picture

Lysithix

Recruiter

12-27-2012

ESTP here: I like Sona, Graves, Riven, Jayce, Ahri, and Vi.

Scores:

Extravert(11%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(50%) Perceiving(11)%

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Celtic Jack

12-27-2012

INTJ.

I prefer champions that have very interactive kits and tend to focus on one aspect of their kit.

My favorite champions are Shaco, Ez, Trundle, Hecarim, MF, Wukong. I'm always trying to find a way to fit more cdr into my builds and tend to feel really good when I can constantly be using low cd skills.

Hummin

12-27-2012

INFJ: Introvert(89%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(50%) Judging(44%)
creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self.

psychotherapist, artist, art curator, bookstore owner, freelance writer, poet, teacher (art, drama, english), library assistant, professor of english, painter, novelist, book editor, copywriter, philosopher, environmentalist, bookseller, museum curator, opera singer, magazine editor, archivist, music therapist, screenwriter, film director, creative director, librarian, social services worker, art historian, sign language interpreter, photo journalist, makeup artist, photo journalist, homemaker.

I found this to be quiet accurate of myself.
I prefer playing champs like Nami/janna, and Miss fortune/Leblanc.

Nami and janna best represent what I do daily in my life.(help other, take one for the team, less often to be given praise ) Miss fortune and Leblanc is what I strive to become closer to(out going, brave, fierce, strong. ). I hope this research helps. And this is me being completely honest, which actually is makong me very nervous to post this. But heres to a little strength.

(edit)

I'd like to add I did another test and scores as ISFJ. Which seems similar to what my previous one is.

ISFJ: Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change.

homemaker, stay at home parent, office worker, health care worker, personal assistant, school teacher, administrative assistant, child care worker, clerical employee, receptionist, library assistant, dietitian, health educator, librarian.

Its funny cause both are very similar but not perfect to me. I currently am an at home mother, and plan to join the air force to be a medic. (i actually hoped the AF would make me stronger as a person too.)

Hopefully this is as accurate as I can get.