Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pick Order and Immature Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinRG

12-22-2012

I really am fed up with the amount of people who honestly believe typing their role the fastest guarantees it to them, no matter how it affects their team.

When you are in a draft you should be picking your roles according to what benefits the team most, which role you excel at best, and which best counter-picks the enemy team.

It is no benefit to anyone (yourself included) locking in a role without even seeing what the other team has picked first.

I am a very fast touch typer. If I wanted I could simply copy+paste my role in every time and by most people's logic this would guarantee me this place every single time. It's a dumb system that shouldn't be followed by anyone. Even the Summoner's Code states - pick what's best for your team, but in all cases Pick Order precedes everything else.

So over children screaming out their role and then when it's not given to them throwing tantrums like 12 year olds who were just told they're not getting ice-cream on the way home.

Seriously, grow up.

buneter

12-22-2012

the reason is its good to know who wants what so lets say your first top pick and someone on the enemy team picks jax. Assuming Jax counters all your top characters now you know someone else wants and can probally counter Jax

Metal Webb

12-22-2012

It's only an immature action if you don't even think about compromising about it (i.e. Mid or feed). Ranked or draft it should be a practice of champ matching but blind normals should really be for fun, people doing what they want (within reason of course).

SinRG

12-22-2012

Quote:
Metal Webb:
It's only an immature action if you don't even think about compromising about it (i.e. Mid or feed). Ranked or draft it should be a practice of champ matching but blind normals should really be for fun, people doing what they want (within reason of course).

I was referring to draft, I thought I made that pretty clear.

Wyked Nova

12-22-2012

Main thing that bugs me, is when people for example say "im mid/top first pick who wants to swap" as if any other role isnt able to get counter picked or the same principles dont apply.

Secondly the logic with counter picking is seeing the others pick first and each team holding out for the other to pick say mid/top, one is FORCED to pick before the other.

And when countered they type GG countered no one swapped or etc. When even if you were last pick on your team , but were blue side you still had a chance of not seeing their mid till their last pick. Herp Derp

Just my 2 cents on the subject, and exceling at one role is usually how people go about things and yet when two people that excel at the same role get matched they butt heads because of it, is that where the pick order lottery comes into play? Just curious because usually if youre well mannered at go by rules it usually is.